Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Was meant to be just music and requests today, or at least that's what he said yesterday. Trouble with the desk again.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Classy there Ray - almost gloating there that Boris J has the Corona virus. Normally so woke and preaching to be nice to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Clon63 wrote: »
    Classy there Ray - almost gloating there that Boris J has the Corona virus. Normally so woke and preaching to be nice to each other.

Childish as if this is some sort of competition between Ireland the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Childish as if this is some sort of competition between Ireland the UK
    Bottom line, Ray is a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

I fuppin hate the way he speaks. Starts a new spiel, his voice raising in volume to a sudden stop............pause.........ehm...and continues. And just repeats this over and over again.

He really is a terrible broadcaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Good value for 400k +++?

Was never a big fan of Derek Mooney but looking back he is a much better broadcaster Heard some of his shows the last 2 Sundays and he cinnected well, seemed to get it right even if a bit OTT. Byèeeeeeeeeeee........

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

amlinopta wrote: »
    Was meant to be just music and requests today, or at least that's what he said yesterday. Trouble with the desk again.

Yep. Heard that bit myself.farcy is one of the biggest wastes of money in the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Clon63 wrote: »

Yeah I thought that remark was really off colour as well. We are all meant to believe that this illness is a serious life-threatening illness, and Ray is happy that another human being has been diagnosed with it. Would it be a big win for Ray if Boris is diagnosed with cancer next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Yeah I thought that remark was really off colour as well. We are all meant to believe that this illness is a serious life-threatening illness, and Ray is happy that another human being has been diagnosed with it. Would it be a big win for Ray if Boris is diagnosed with cancer next week?

The mask slips with these guys from time to time and all the talk of kindness is revealed as just a thin veneer. The kindness only applies to their kind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

That cnut Ellen, started all this be kind to one another carp, now its coming out she's a real diva and awful to work with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That cnut Ellen, started all this be kind to one another carp, now its coming out she's a real diva and awful to work with.

I always thought there was something fishy there :)

Ray promoting the Operation Transformation crew.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

He really needs to go back to his Today FM roots; it worked & that generation is now listening to his afternoon show; I know because I'm one of them but **** me it's grating on me; He's been babbling on now since the news; it needs more music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Brian o' driscoll is baking to offset the boredom.... Married to Amy Huberman......Good man Brian. Keep baking instead of having sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What are you doing with your time, Mary?

Counting my pensions, Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    He really needs to go back to his Today FM roots; it worked & that generation is now listening to his afternoon show; I know because I'm one of them but **** me it's grating on me; He's been babbling on now since the news; it needs more music.

He mentioned before they can only play one song a day must be some sort of contractual agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Full Lockdown !! Since when.? I thought RTE only gave out factual information ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

David Norris on Darcy`s show now giving high praise to the government for their handling of the crisis and lambasting Trump for mishandling it.

Did Ray ask him about the letter he wrote in praise of a paedo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

David Norris on Darcy`s show now giving high praise to the government for their handling of the crisis and lambasting Trump for mishandling it.

Norris only appears at Seanad election time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

NIMAN wrote: »
    Norris only appears at Seanad election time.

As do most of the others in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Looks like Johnny Logan has gone full blown luvvie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,052 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Looks like Johnny Logan has gone full blown luvvie.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ray screws up de buttons again

How does he still have this gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

zell12 wrote: »
    Ray screws up de buttons again

How does he still have this gig?

In fairness it was the play button so not something usually used

Next up we have an 82 year old corona survivor.

2 minutes later, "Is it ok if I say what age you are?"

Ray following in the footsteps of Joe, with a call from the Father Ted actor who played Mrs Doyle. Chicken rescue now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ray following in the footsteps of Joe, with a call from the Father Ted actor who played Mrs Doyle. Chicken rescue now

Preceded by man who survived the virus but having his interview hijacked by mary mcaleese

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Mario Rosentock to ray earlier, "have to take a big cut in wages, like half the country." Ray couldnt splutter the next question out quick enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,052 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

All kind of strange Joe, seems to be ‘no change’ at all out in Montrose.

No cuts, no changes, no nowt.

Not hoping anyone loses out, but of course it seems strange that it’s business as usual out there?

Very difficult trying to square the circle out there.

I mean, there’s no sport as such going on, could Marty Morrissey or someone,not fill in for Callan who has no connection with RTE.

Kind of strange in my opinion.

Advertisement