Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tastiest home grown potato

Options
  • 26-03-2020 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Any opinions on what is the tastiest potato to grow love new queens.but last year grew some premiere which were even harder to stop eating once you start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I love queens too. Charlotte is another suggestion for an earlier one, a waxy type salad potatoe. I like Kerr Pink as a main crop, they store pretty well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Grew some irenes the last two years they store well also not quiet as tasty as the earlies though

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Donalde

Sarpo Blue Danube are comparable to Kerr's Pinks,dry and flourly and fairly good blight resistance but slugs really love them!
    Also hard to boil them without them going to mush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

I'm growing cassablanca this year. The reviews online a very good. Hopefully they are as good as I'm expecting them to be

Advertisement