Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lottie Ryan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Anyone else think its crazy that Lottie Ryan is getting paid.

Yep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Does she even do a hours work with her 2min showbiz slot after each news bulletin

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I posted this in another thread earlier, I actually thought I was posting it here. Anyway, here it is now:

I'm just waiting for "Lottie in Lockdown", streaming 24/7 on RTE Player (good luck trying to watch it), then a 2 hour recap everynight on RTE2. Join Dancing with the Staff CHAMPION Lottie Ryan at home as she prepares for her daily showbiz updates by reading the Daily Mail online on her phone! Then watch as she dials into the studio and talks utter shoyte and nonsense with Jennifer Zamparelli as they attempt to out-flatter each other with their circle jerk gee licking (metaphorically). Later watch as Lottie makes herself a cup of tea to show she's normal - just like you and me! Lottie will also do some dancing in the afternoon in her sitting room before resting and updating her various social media profiles befoe doing a face time call with Doireann Garrihy to catch up on their day's gruelling schedules. Then settle in as Lottie rewatches her triumphant win on Dancing with the Staff and tells you the viewers that she's delighted for you to have the honour to make her richer for doing nothing.

Sponsorship opportunities are available, please contact RTE Sales for futher details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I posted this in another thread earlier, I actually thought I was posting it here. Anyway, here it is now:

I'm just waiting for "Lottie in Lockdown", streaming 24/7 on RTE Player (good luck trying to watch it), then a 2 hour recap everynight on RTE2. Join Dancing with the Staff CHAMPION Lottie Ryan at home as she prepares for her daily showbiz updates by reading the Daily Mail online on her phone! Then watch as she dials into the studio and talks utter shoyte and nonsense with Jennifer Zamparelli as they attempt to out-flatter each other with their circle jerk gee licking (metaphorically). Later watch as Lottie makes herself a cup of tea to show she's normal - just like you and me! Lottie will also do some dancing in the afternoon in her sitting room before resting and updating her various social media profiles befoe doing a face time call with Doireann Garrihy to catch up on their day's gruelling schedules. Then settle in as Lottie rewatches her triumphant win on Dancing with the Staff and tells you the viewers that she's delighted for you to have the honour to make her richer for doing nothing.

Sponsorship opportunities are available, please contact RTE Sales for futher details.

Who's Lottie Ryan?

Is she one of the Rosemount shower?

Came across an SUV full of these bellends while walking down the road earlier, looking for Fr Ted's house, I did the Clare version of Michael Healy Rae giving directions, had them tied up in knots, as my girlfriend was trying to hold in the laughter, as her son was kicking dry cow **** into the hedge.

And our silver whippet sniffing it as these dregs from the Pale decided to pull up beside the peasants from the country looking for directions the irony huh...

She's super posh my girlfriend , none of that Brown Thomas clobber or thinking she's an influencer , she's old money Church of Ireland South sider relocated to Clare.
    Not your new age yuppie shoite, but a super toff.

Any how when they drove away, my missus turned around and said, D4 plebs...

She's from Glenageary I think there's a different class there.

https://extra.ie/2020/07/23/entertainment/celebrity/lottie-ryan-2fm-radio-slot-father-gerry

There are no words, how many more opportunities is she going to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This shouldn’t be about Gerry Ryan’s habits, it’s about the merits of Lottie Ryan as a highly paid presenter.

We're going to have to draw a line here somewhere. This isnt a thread about Gerry Ryan and/ or drugs. Keep it to Lottie Ryan, please, unless there is some clear and valid reason to bring her dead father into it.

Getting stuff off your chest doesn't count.

Some posts deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭KevRossi

https://extra.ie/2020/07/23/entertainment/celebrity/lottie-ryan-2fm-radio-slot-father-gerry

There are no words, how many more opportunities is she going to get.

I'm half expecting her to get the Sean O'Rourke slot instead of Sarah McInerney or Claire Byrne at this stage.

No doubt she'll get a major pay increase for the few weeks she's in the chair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Ye would though, wouldn’t ye.

We're going to have to draw a line here somewhere. This isnt a thread about Gerry Ryan and/ or drugs. Keep it to Lottie Ryan, please, unless there is some clear and valid reason to bring her dead father into it.

Getting stuff off your chest doesn't count.

Some posts deleted.

Lottie Ryan uses her father as a speil at every opportunity she encourages to be asked about him. Her fathers connections got her the job a lot of educated talented people would love with no qualifications Why delete a article from a legitimate paper? Nepotism at its finest and makes Gerry fair game

• Advertisement

Lottie Ryan uses her father as a speil at every opportunity she encourages to be asked about him. Her fathers connections got her the job a lot of educated talented people would love with no qualifications Why delete a article from a legitimate paper? Nepotism at its finest and makes Gerry fair game
    Use your common sense. Make statements about family links to RTE if you want. But this isn't a place for general discussion on Gerry Ryan. That's a different thread. Any questions or further comments on that, just PM a mod

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/my-fertility-none-your-business-22393618

Jumping on the Roseanna Davison story. Lot of lovely contradictions in here

“I've been busting my balls for a long time to get these kinds of opportunities.”

More like hanging around the rte canteen with a sliver spoon

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

I think the money they are on is scandalous. I think a public service provider like RTE such have higher standards of whom they hire. Nepotism such as this is an affront to those that have no chance at gaining such positions.

Lottie Ryan is talentless, utterly reliant on her father's career to further her own.

Joe Duffy, Ryan Tubridy and Lottie Ryan cost the state over 1million euros in salary a year. This is nearly 7000 TV licenses a year.

RTE is a disgusting organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Ye would though, wouldn’t ye.

Not even with yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,474 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

tim3000 wrote: »
    I think the money they are on is scandalous. I think a public service provider like RTE such have higher standards of whom they hire. Nepotism such as this is an affront to those that have no chance at gaining such positions.

Lottie Ryan is talentless, utterly reliant on her father's career to further her own.

Joe Duffy, Ryan Tubridy and Lottie Ryan cost the state over 1million euros in salary a year. This is nearly 7000 TV licenses a year.

If they were all put on a max of 50K a year that would make some people on the internet happy. Probably doesn't cross the minds of the millions of normal listeners and viewers very often. It would be unlikely to result in any reduction to the licence fee, in the same way that salary variations since 2008 have not increased the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If she's making all this big money, she certainly isn't spending it on a fancy car. Seen it in one of Carl Mullans Insta stories recently. It's a first generation Toyota Yaris.
    It's amazing how upset people get about where €4* a year of licence fee money goes. (*that's a rough calculation of how much of an individual license fee the entire 2FM operation gets each year)
    €4 of your money, and Lottie doesn't even get all of it, not even close. Is all this upset and hatred really worth such a paltry amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

flazio wrote: »
    Is all this upset and hatred really worth such a paltry amount?

Absolutely not - and all the upset/hatred really isn't justified. Also, the 'we pay her salary so we can berate her as much as we like' train of thought is fairly pathetic. Whether you like it or not, it IS like any other station - and each presenter has their role to play. Some people do like her, and that's enough for them.

On the subject of reducing them all to €50K salaries - that may be a *little* low for some of them... but as someone who works in commercial radio, I'd LOVE to be earning 50K!

Bard wrote: »
    each presenter has their role to play. do like her, and that's enough for them.

On the subject of reducing them all to €50K salaries - that may be a *little* low for some of them... but as someone who works in commercial radio, I'd LOVE to be earning 50K!

Lottie reads the “entertainment” news every hour from the daily mail. A transition year student on work experience should be doing this

Lottie reads the “entertainment” news every hour from the daily mail. A transition year student on work experience should be doing this

A transition year student on work experience would probably only be doing a single day in a radio station. I had one in with me in my studio (just before lockdown) for one day - they were due to be doing their other days in various other companies/offices. She got loads of practical experience but presenting was never going to be something we'd have asked her to do.

You may be thinking of college students on work experience - they'd be doing a week, maybe two. I did mine in 98FM in Newstalk... was valuable experience - but there's no way I'd have expected to have been put on air at the time.

If the station decides that entertainment news is something they want a full time presenter for, that's literally up to them. Presumably, she does other off-air stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5685684/lottie-ryan-gerry-ryan-show-2fm-rte/amp/

The recent photo of Lottie in this looks like she's had recent facial work done (unless it's a really bad photo).
    Young women in their 30s don't need to start messing with their faces for cosmetic reasons. It's a slippery slope because by the time they get to old age, they look like Joan Rivers :(

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5685684/lottie-ryan-gerry-ryan-show-2fm-rte/amp/

The recent photo of Lottie in this looks like she's had recent facial work done (unless it's a really bad photo).
    Young women in their 30s don't need to start messing with their faces for cosmetic reasons. It's a slippery slope because by the time they get to old age, they look like Joan Rivers :(

It looks like a mask. No idea why women do all that fake stuff to their faces.

It looks like she over-does it on the ould make up to me ... although what that's got to do with her ability or otherwise on-air escapes me. :rolleyes:

It looks like she over-does it on the ould make up to me ... although what that's got to do with her ability or otherwise on-air escapes me. :rolleyes:

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/my-fertility-none-your-business-22393618

'My fertility is none of your business' then later in the piece Lottie says she intends on taking an AMH test to determine how many eggs she has left. This is one example of her many contradictions. She’s regularly talks on the radio about how people deserves things on merit but never mentions the nepotism that has given her the privileged position in rte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

How are they getting this work done during a lock down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Some people do like her, and that's enough for them.

But they don't, her early-morning weekend programme on 2fm had the grand total of 1,000 listeners. Yet here she is six years later still being handed plum gigs for no other reason than who her father was and her being on the books of NK Management.

If family members were barred by broadcasters then we would only have had one Dimbleby and one Snow. Tom Ravenscroft is the son of John Peel.

Families with inherited talents are common in different walks of life. Given the choice, people often elect politicians who are relations of other politicians in many democracies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Families with inherited talents are common in different walks of life. Given the choice, people often elect politicians who are relations of other politicians in many democracies.

I accept that partially....however the key word in your sentence in 'talent'. The general consensus is that she has no talent whatsoever in her chosen field of nepotism. In addition she elicits very negative reactions in her 'target customers'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Families with inherited talents are common in different walks of life.

I find this whole notion of "inherited talents" a bit dubious tbh. If this was that common why do the vast majority of family-owned businesses fail when the second generation come along. I remember Gerry Ryan when he start on 2fm and there is no comparison between the two of them. They are nothing alike on-air. I don't want to be too harsh on Lottie, but she has been knocking around RTE for a decade now and she has yet to display any talent for radio presenting, inherited or otherwise. Her still being there is just blatant nepotism.

I accept that partially....however the key word in your sentence in 'talent'. The general consensus is that she has no talent whatsoever in her chosen field of nepotism. In addition she elicits very negative reactions in her 'target customers'

There is so little interest in her on this forum that nobody posted since 26 March until this recent activity. Which is just the same old same old, no talent, her father got her the job, she is paid far too much, close down 2FM.

There is no consensus because like I said before normal licence payers are not obsessed with this sort of agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

tim3000 wrote: »

How much is she on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement