Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

There was this slightly terrifying one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    Donald Pleasence.

He could read the phonebook and make it sound creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

https://youtu.be/1sxZAhi7Qak

This one? Can't embed it as on mobile

Edit- got it sorted

Thats taken from a longer safety video. We were shown it in secondary school once.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

okay so I saw this movie years ago. It was a French film about guy in prison and one of the guards is an assh*le to him. When he gets out, he tracks the guard down for revenge but the guard has gone blind and he ends up becoming part of his life. The guy who played the guard iirc is a respected French actor and (again iirc) has kinda ginger wooly hair.
    Been driving me mad for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Plopsu wrote: »
    okay so I saw this movie years ago. It was a French film about guy in prison and one of the guards is an assh*le to him. When he gets out, he tracks the guard down for revenge but the guard has gone blind and he ends up becoming part of his life. The guy who played the guard iirc is a respected French actor and (again iirc) has kinda ginger wooly hair.

Sounds like Jean-Paul Belmondo7

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000901/

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Plopsu wrote: »

Was it a TV series called "The Pretender", by chance? The actor you mention sounds like Patrick Bauchau, who also played in "Carnivàle".

Could've been a remake of the film you're thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Sadly not Jean-Paul Belmondo or Patrick Bauchau. There is kind of a remake of the movie (or more likely rip off) where it was turned into an erotic thriller called Payback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

This film was on in a friends house but i had to leave ,

Film starts off with a Young Girl Burying a Bird in a Box, Her father is very agressive and An Alcholic Passes out in house but wakes up , The Father is Rap??g the Daughter and beating the son any idease

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The leftovers tv show?

Could just ask them tho be much quicker.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The leftovers tv show?

Could just ask them tho be much quicker.

no its a film

also : the father cuts his son nails so he can't bite them and he burns the house down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

hope someone can help with this:

i remember only two scenes, the first involves the two main characters having an argument, one is scared of the other, whilst the scared one is trying to be nice, the other character knowing the scared one is going to double cross him begins leaning on his shotgun, deliberately pressing the barrels into the muddy field there in, blocking the barrels. He then says that they are friends again and hands the shotgun to his friend and turns his back. And of course the friend turns the shotgun onto the others back and fires causing the shotgun to explode and kill himself.

The second scene is from the films ending, the remaining main character is on a roof (repairing it) with another when a posse shows up in the distance. The owner of the house turns to the character and states it was not him that turned him in, he replies that he knows it wasn't and ushers him inside whilst he awaits whats coming.

Its not an outright Western, I think it sets within 1890-1920. The original two main characters were on the run from the authorities. I remember watching this with my dad in possibly the early 80's. He deceased now, so cant ask him.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭biketard

I've got almost no info on this, so apologies in advance.

All I can remember is that there's a guy on a train and he has to fight off loads of bad guys with a samurai sword or similar. I would've seen this twenty odd years ago.

Anything else I think I can remember might well be wrong, so I'm just going to see if this rings a bell with anyone first. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

biketard wrote: »

All I can remember is that there's a guy on a train and he has to fight of loads of bad guys with a samurai sword or similar. I would've seen this twenty odd years ago.

Anything else I think I can remember might well be wrong, so I'm just going to see if this rings a bell with anyone first. Thanks!

?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

biketard wrote: »

All I can remember is that there's a guy on a train and he has to fight of loads of bad guys with a samurai sword or similar. I would've seen this twenty odd years ago.

Under siege 2? I know he is on a train in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭biketard

Ryath wrote: »
    ?

Holy crap! I can already tell by the image that that's the one. Thanks so much, Ryath!

Any Idea Of What the Name if this Film is pleasee

Film starts off with a Young Girl Burying a Bird in a Box, Her father is very aggressive and An Alcholic Passes out in house but wakes up , The Father is Rap??g the Daughter and beating the son any ideas.

Also the father cuts his son nails so he can't bite them and he burns the house down

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

torrevieja wrote: »
    Any Idea Of What the Name if this Film is pleasee
    Film starts off with a Young Girl Burying a Bird in a Box, Her father is very aggressive and An Alcholic Passes out in house but wakes up , The Father is Rap??g the Daughter and beating the son any ideas.
    Also the father cuts his son nails so he can't bite them and he burns the house down

Could it be The War Zone?
    British film from 1999 about family abuse starring Ray Winstone.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141974/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Could it be The War Zone?
    British film from 1999 about family abuse starring Ray Winstone.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141974/

Thanks Odyssey but no its not that one aghhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

A Greek mythology (I think) sword and sandals job from recent years, 25-30 years old anyway; it was in colour. A grotesque sea monster plays a part in it, to whom the rulers often make human sacrifices. Our hero, aided by a soldier with a disfigured face, slays the monster and rescues the damsel in distress at the climax. Don't recall the main actor's name but I don't remember him as being an A-list star. Categorically, it is not Clash of the Titans. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not even the old version?

• Advertisement

No, absolutely not, this is a distinctly different movie. The disfigured soldier received his injuries from unsuccessfully battling the be-tentacled beast as far as I remember.

MfMan wrote: »
    No, absolutely not, this is a distinctly different movie. The disfigured soldier received his injuries from unsuccessfully battling the be-tentacled beast as far as I remember.

maybe this or something similar

Ortag was the disfigured solider who had battled the sea creature.

He joins up with Hercules to fight the crature in this.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059262/

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Aye, that looks on the money. Older than I remembered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

There is a scene where a few men are in a boat under the city. You can see buildings. I think they are trying to access a bank from underneath

There is a scene where a few men are in a boat under the city. You can see buildings. I think they are trying to access a bank from underneath

Possibly,

Loophole (1981)

An architect (Martin Sheen) shows the mastermind (Albert Finney) of a motley gang how to reach a London bank vault by sewer.

Possibly,

Loophole (1981)

An architect (Martin Sheen) shows the mastermind (Albert Finney) of a motley gang how to reach a London bank vault by sewer.

Thanks but no it was an older film. Is there a scene like that in the original Lady Killers?

Thanks but no it was an older film. Is there a scene like that in the original Lady Killers?

Don't think so.....the 1955 film was about a Security Van robbery

The remake starring Tom Hanks one did have an underground scene although that was made in 2004 so would be too recent

The Ladykillers - Tunnel Clip (Trouble of this world)

Don't think so.....the 1955 film was about a Security Van robbery

The remake starring Tom Hanks one did have an underground scene although that was made in 2004 so would be too recent

The Ladykillers - Tunnel Clip (Trouble of this world)

Was it british or american movie?
    Don't know if american or british. I am sure it was an old film ithink they had hats as you see in older films. Not remake of lady killers. I have an idea it may have been black and white film and a comdey

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

Larceny inc.? not a boat but a luggage store
    one of my favourite movies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Looking for name of Australian film from late 80s or very early 90s, definitely before 1994, remember scene in supermarket where they were drinking bleach.

Advertisement