Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - latest deal codes

• 14-06-2020 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Now TV have an offer currently for their sports packages.

€23 per month for the Sky Sports package, €17 per month for the Sports Extra package (BT Sports & Premier Sports). Works out as a 45% discount.

The offer is for the first six months, renews at full price after that, which is €39 per month for Sky and €34 per month for Sports Extra.
    Post edited by Sheep Shagger on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Can ya cancel anytime or are ya locked in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

jamesfmcg wrote: »
    Now TV have an offer currently for their sports packages.

€23 per month for the Sky Sports package, €17 per month for the Sports Extra package (BT Sports & Premier Sports). Works out as a 45% discount.

The offer is for the first six months, renews at full price after that, which is €39 per month for Sky and €34 per month for Sports Extra.

I just checked website and full prices shown no sign of offer, where do I find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

When is next season kicking off ? A good offer if there isn’t going to be a two month summer break this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Spn744

Would anyone share a sky sports pass €23 so €11.50 each a month, now TV allow 2 devices at a time so perfect to share :) I can set up account or pay someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Is this available in UHD ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

New customers only?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesfmcg

flazio wrote: »
    New customers only?

Not new customers only. I signed up for the offer with an account that wasn't new anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

I currently have sky but don’t have sports as it’s a rip off.

For me to take use of this NowTV offer id have to plug in the laptop to the tv via HDMI I’m guessing and stream through the now TV app on laptop?

Incredibly frustrating that Sky don’t have nowtv on their apps yet like they do with Netflix, Disney+, Spotify etc.

Sure do they not own them or integrated in some way now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

flazio wrote: »
    New customers only?

It may look like it may be new customers only initially, but when you click to add a pass at €39 to your account it is only looking to charge the reduced rate of €23 a month on the next page

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

CBear1993 wrote: »

For me to take use of this NowTV offer id have to plug in the laptop to the tv via HDMI I’m guessing and stream through the now TV app on laptop?

Incredibly frustrating that Sky don’t have nowtv on their apps yet like they do with Netflix, Disney+, Spotify etc.

Why not buy the now tv stick in argos for €12 with 2 months of sky cinema included. It plugs straight into a hdmi slot on your TV.
    If you have a smart TV then the nowtv app can be downloaded without buying the stick.
    We have an LG smart TV in our main room with the app loaded on and just bought a stick for our old non-smart TV, it works over WiFi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭ruddy1987

https://www.did.ie/now-tv-roi-stick-sports-bundle-black-16738-16738-prd

€25 and includes 1 month sports and movies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Picked up this last week which has a month of each for €25 (guessing new customers only)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The offer is definitely not for new customers only. I've used NowTV for years and have been waiting for this to pop up ahead of the PL starting in two days. Happy days.

I don't know what resolution the stream is but I find it excellent. And I cannot watch crap quality video. Certainly it's far better than SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Works well with Chromecast also.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

ruddy1987 wrote: »
    dajaffa wrote: »
    Picked up this last week which has a month of each for €25 (guessing new customers only)

It doesn't mention movies there, just sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

sugarman wrote: »
    Looks to be cancel anytime, so should be able to get 1 months for €23 if you just want to cover the end of this season.

You will need 2 month for this, unless you delay buying for another 2 weeks or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

If my TV isn't a smart one, but has HDMI slots at the side, will it just be a matter of me plugging it in and choosing input as HDMI1/2/3 etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

If my TV isn't a smart one, but has HDMI slots at the side, will it just be a matter of me plugging it in and choosing input as HDMI1/2/3 etc?

Yes, and registering for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

It doesn't mention movies there, just sports?
    My both referred to both sports packages, apologies for any confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

If you haven't signed up before, or you're prepared to sign up using a different email you can get a 7 day free trial AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

ruddy1987 wrote: »

So it's 90 euro cheaper to buy 6 of these and use them each for a month, than it is to pay 40 quid a month for this deal?

25 x 6 = 150
    40 x 6 = 240

And at the end you have 6 Now TV sticks?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

Dades wrote: »
    The offer is definitely not for new customers only. I've used NowTV for years and have been waiting for this to pop up ahead of the PL starting in two days. Happy days.

I don't know what resolution the stream is but I find it excellent. And I cannot watch crap quality video. Certainly it's far better than SD.
    Pretty sure the resolution for NowTV is 720p, so not full HD. It's decent but wish they would offer 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Does this work on a labtop ?? Thinking about screening it from my labtop onto a projector

jkelly85 wrote: »
    Does this work on a labtop ?? Thinking about screening it from my labtop onto a projector

No need for the stick if using a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭ruddy1987

spockety wrote: »
    So it's 90 euro cheaper to buy 6 of these and use them each for a month, than it is to pay 40 quid a month for this deal?

25 x 6 = 150
    40 x 6 = 240

No it’s only €23 per month for sky sports, this only includes sky sports not sky sports extra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I signed up separately to both of the sports passes. It is still €40 per month in total, €23 for sky sports and €17 for the one with bt and Premier sports.
    The reason why is that I can if I want cancel one component and i can still keep the other offer going.

It is fantastic value and don't forget there are two screens available at any one time from the account, unlike a regular sky sub. I have movies all the other packs aswell on half price now, so movies, Kids, entertainment and both sports packs available on two screens for just under €60 per month.
    I have one account on a smart TV. My other two tvs have a stick, Mrs bloggs has it on her phone as have I and we have a chromecast for our 6th device which i can use if travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Had planned to set up my stick this evening. Can anyone tell me if all passes get activated on set up, or can i activate entertainment pass tonight and sports on Wednesday before the matches kick off?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

spockety wrote: »

25 x 6 = 150
    40 x 6 = 240

Are you allowed to do that though? I would hate to buy six of these and not be able to use five.

LowOdour wrote: »
    Had planned to set up my stick this evening. Can anyone tell me if all passes get activated on set up, or can i activate entertainment pass tonight and sports on Wednesday before the matches kick off?

Once you select "watch now" and start streaming the sub starts. IIRC the subs aren't activated as soon as you power the stick up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 40wattbulb

fdevine wrote: »
    Once you select "watch now" and start streaming the sub starts. IIRC the subs aren't activated as soon as you power the stick up

Can I sign for the 6 months offer online and use the passes from the stick for month 7?

Advertisement