Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easiest way for an unemployed Irishman to get work to live in England?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Forty Seven

Wexford96 wrote: »
    I'm guessing home. Poland is booming thanks to the money they earned here and in Ireland which they used to build cheap houses back home. Bought a building plot myself in Poland in 2008. Will have to see what it's worth now.
    I had heard Poland was going well but they're avoiding a boom type scenario. Can a Polish brickie go home and make say 500 a week now?

Don't know wages but they are building everywhere with a combination of EU money for large infrastructure and plenty small private builds. I'm sure wages will be comparable to cost of living. Most polish 'builders' had never laid a block or painted a wall before coming over. They came, built houses they ended up renting, picked up a trade and funded a house back home out of it. They did well. Worked hard for it too.

Advertisement