Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dealz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Spar Ballycummin had 3 boxes full of them yesterday - just inside the door.

Cheers!

Sold out :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The bones seem to be causing as much hassle and hunting as Furbies when they were released :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ok my friend just picked up a pack of banshee bones from the Ballycummin Spar Limerick, just now.

Had to ask a worker who had to get them from the store room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Anywhere in Waterford? Dying for these !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Think www.Homesavers.ie

stock them ..... if you are lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

CH3OH wrote: »
    Think www.Homesavers.ie

stock them ..... if you are lucky

Must take a look tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Banshee bones in euro shop up top of William Street limerick beside dealz.. Well they had a big box by till on Saturday afternoon

fin12 wrote: »
    Ok my friend just picked up a pack of banshee bones from the Ballycummin Spar Limerick, just now.

Had to ask a worker who had to get them from the store room.

Your friend is a genius! Nabbed 2 bags. Cheers :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

kingtut wrote: »
    Your friend is a genius! Nabbed 2 bags. Cheers :D:D

He is, the bag he got is actually for me lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

So far in Midleton, Co. Cork I've tried:
    Dealz,
    Homesavers,
    Euro Giant,
    Lidl,
    Tesco,
    Super Valu,
    Mr Price
    McCarthy's News

Not a single banshee bone to be found anywhere, they're rarer than true love m8s.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭the_galway_fry

What's the obsession with banshee bones, what am I missing??

Salty vinegary heaven in a bag. Plus, they are only released around halloween so there's a limited window to gorge :D

fin12 wrote: »
    He is, the bag he got is actually for me lol

Let's hope he doesn't eat them on ya so!

Delicious salt and vinegary goodness! mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My last memory of them is shops being left with packets of them that were out of date because they weren't selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Delicious salt and vinegary goodness! mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hardly better than Chipstix?

I'd say on a par. Chipstix are way more vinegary but banshee bones have a nice salty/vinegary aftertaste. Anyway not worth trying, leave them for the rest of us as there isn't enough to go around :D

I'd say on a par. Chipstix are way more vinegary but banshee bones have a nice salty/vinegary aftertaste. Anyway not worth trying, leave them for the rest of us as there isn't enough to go around :D

Ahhh here, you have me salivating like a Great Dane outside a butchers shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,610 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

people getting old being reminded of their youth lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Anyone remember the saltnvinegar French Fries with the Frenchman in a stripy shirt and a beret going "oh la la" on the bag lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I am pretty sure chipstix changed their texture a while back, they used to be standout snacks but last ones I had I think were like run of the mill stick in your teeth crap cheap ones.

Meanies & burger bites also changed. Crunchos became really soft, I read some kid broke a tooth and so it changed. Rancheros also taste like a knockoff cheapo version now.

Ahhh here, you have me salivating like a Great Dane outside a butchers shop.

Step away! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Anyone remember the saltnvinegar French Fries with the Frenchman in a stripy shirt and a beret going "oh la la" on the bag lol.

Weren't they bacon flavour? hmmm yum

rubadub wrote: »
    I am pretty sure chipstix changed their texture a while back, they used to be standout snacks but last ones I had I think were like run of the mill stick in your teeth crap cheap ones.

Meanies & burger bites also changed. Crunchos became really soft, I read some kid broke a tooth and so it changed. Rancheros also taste like a knockoff cheapo version now.

Its not just crisps, its sweets too. They are all looking to make it cheaper with the same old wrappers. They are NOT the same as they were in the 1980's.
    Cadburys has been bought and sold, they took out the dairy content and sugar and replaced it with palm oil and artificial sweetner.

Mc Cowans and Trebor, Barret, swizzlers. All the same old wrappers and visual merchandising but the sweets arent the same.

Soft drinks, Coke, Pepsi and loads other changed their recipe to save a few pence to save millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

carbsy wrote: »
    Weren't they bacon flavour? hmmm yum

Yes they were smokey bacon not salt and vinegar. They were lovely, flavour wise they were like Wheelies but they had a better texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

rubadub wrote: »

I agree, chipsticks have more air in them now. The old ones were denser where now all the maize style crisps seem aerated. Chickatees are the same. When you bite into them they seem to have large holes. I think it affects the flavour too. Half the packets you get these days are bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

MB05 wrote: »
    I agree, chipsticks have more air in them now. The old ones were denser where now all the maize style crisps seem aerated. Chickatees are the same. When you bite into them they seem to have large holes. I think it affects the flavour too. Half the packets you get these days are bland.

Lidl had big bags of ranchero style crisps a few months ago. Dunno if they were a special or if they're in all the time but they were goooooood..... hard and crunchy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

MB05 wrote: »
    Yes they were smokey bacon not salt and vinegar. They were lovely, flavour wise they were like Wheelies but they had a better texture.

Speaking of Smokey bacon do you remember Sam Spud Smoky Bacon - they were unreal. Also Hunky Dorey also brought out smokey bacon but only for a short while

messrs wrote: »
    Speaking of Smokey bacon do you remember Sam Spud Smoky Bacon - they were unreal. Also Hunky Dorey also brought out smokey bacon but only for a short while

Sam Spudz smokey bacon were lovely. But when they were bought out by Largo (I think) and the Gweedore plant closed, the quality dropped so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Banshee Bones are at Lidl from Thursday the 1st October!

Advertisement