Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How much football does your OH watch?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I’m enjoying reading this as you unravel your emotions all over this thread. Seems that you are the one who is not enjoying yourself so why are you even here? Did I hit a nerve, do you resent the amount of time your OH spends watching sport and you pretend to grin and bear it and say “oh look at me I like sports too”

Why you mad?

OP since it seems subject is very dear to you, how long does your OH spend watching sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

If that were the case why don’t Danish and Dutch people support the EPL.

What makes you say that they do not? Did you pull this statement out of your hat or do you have something to back it up with?

I was out with an Austrian recently on a work trip who passionately follows the PL, watching every game that the team he supports plays.

The month before I was in the company of a Dane and a Norwegian who also diligently watch the teams in the PL who they support.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I love how everyone on here is so pretentious as if rugby is any better than football other than it’s played by allegedly new monied posh people.

That's a second bee you have in your bonnet. It seems you have lived in a superior country and have returned with a mission to civilise the Paddies. What's new?

P.S.
    Btw you don't say my son "does" rugby, he plays rugby.

And English is better spoken overseas. Third bee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

feargale wrote: »
    That's a second bee you have in your bonnet. It seems you have lived in a superior country and have returned with a mission to civilise the Paddies. What's new?

P.S.

And English is better spoken overseas. Third bee?

Looks like you're revealing your own insecurities there, how did you come to those conclusions? We're talking about people following sport and you derive some paranoid inferiority complex out of my posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Heard that excuse before. If that were the case why don’t Danish and Dutch people support the EPL.

Are you for real? Just taking Man United as an example- MUTV is broadcast in 56 countries with revenues of over £200 million so I’m not sure where you have come up with the idea that other countries don’t follow EPL.

• Advertisement

CageWager wrote: »
    ...I’m not sure where you have come up with the idea that other countries don’t follow EPL...

I have pulled him up on the same. Unless he can now argue this point I would imagine that his stock value in this particular thread will take a pretty savage hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭lozenges

skallywag wrote: »
    I have pulled him up on the same. Unless he can now argue this point I would imagine that his stock value in this particular thread will take a pretty savage hit.

Can't go much lower to be fair!
    I miss the days of quality trolling...

If want to go down that road of why Irish people follow English teams, those threads have been hashed out endlessly on boards. I’ve heard the excuses why we support English teams numerous times and they don’t convince me. Countries similar size to Ireland may have people who watch and support English teams but they also have much higher level of support for their indigenous teams than Ireland does. If you want to go on banging your chest about how Irish you are and in the same breadth try and justify your reasons for supporting UK football teams there are plenty of other threads about that topic and I’ll give you heads up that your arguments won’t stack up too well. I’ve nothing against UK football teams other than I think they receive far too much coverage in the media and online but please save your excuses for another thread.

If want to go down that road...

We are not going down that road.

You asked why nobody from Denmark or the Netherlands support the EPL.

That point is completely incorrect.

We are not going down that road. Your OP had nothing to do with that?

You stated that nobody from Denmark nor the Netherlands support the EPL.

That point is completely incorrect.

Either back that statement up with fact, or scuttle off with your tail between your legs.

Yes that’s exactly what I said, nobody from Denmark or Netherlands supports the EPL. Not one single person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Find it absolutely hilarious that someone cares enough about what people do in their free time to open a thread and argue points on what is good and what is not good.

Good on you OP you are doing the lords work!!

Yes that’s exactly what I said, nobody from Denmark or Netherlands supports the EPL. Not one single person.

You remind me of Charlie Sheen during the #winning days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Cmod note: This thread has managed to fly under the radar as there is a bit of a moderating gap right now. Quite a few of you have called it, and I agree - the aim here seems to be to rile as many people up as possible and get you all arguing amongst yourselves.

As this thread can’t be closely monitored, and the OP seems determined to be particularly argumentative, I am going to lock the thread for now to prevent it deteriorating further and having to hand out cards and bans. We’ll review reopening it if we have the capacity to moderate it actively.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement