Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-11-2019, 17:25   #16
Buer

I actually thought Munster would have it tough enough tomorrow but I didn't realise that no RWC player would feature for the Ospreys. It makes a mockery of the tournament somewhat but Munster should grab the opportunity with both hands.

There's a very realistic situation where the Ospreys, Saracens and Racing have all lost 2 of their first 3 games if the selection policies continue.

I suspect Saracens will improve their selection significantly by round 3, however. Regardless of their comments, they're going to give it a shot and will want to make some sort of effort to defend their title. But two defeats in the opening three rounds seems quite a strong possibility for them giving Munster a huge change of securing qualification and a home knock out match.
Advertisement
16-11-2019, 00:31   #17
phog

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomond2006 View Post
Tomorrow isn't really looking for any point we can get territory. Ospreys are down a huge amount of players and the forecast looks decent.
Anything less than 5 points isn't an acceptable outcome.
If we had the coaching setup in place earlier or if we didn't have the WC this year and the full squad was in preseason I'd be a 100% in agreement with you. But seeing some of the errors we're making and not being able to get a BP win against Ulster last week just has me doubtful that a BP win tomorrow is a gimmie.
16-11-2019, 08:27   #18
thomond2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by phog View Post
If we had the coaching setup in place earlier or if we didn't have the WC this year and the full squad was in preseason I'd be a 100% in agreement with you. But seeing some of the errors we're making and not being able to get a BP win against Ulster last week just has me doubtful that a BP win tomorrow is a gimmie.
We're 17 point favourites at the bookies for a reason.
Ospreys are not Ulster. There's a malaise around the team and you only need to read the reactions to the Ospreys' lineup announcement to see it. They are down a crazy amount of players. There's really no excuse why Munster shouldn't secure the maximum today.
16-11-2019, 08:31   #19
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phog View Post
Osprey are a mess, if Munster don’t get a bonus point they shouldn’t be thinking of winning the competition
16-11-2019, 09:40   #20
pappyodaniel

Loughman's form has been very good of late so it's nice to see him rewarded with a start in a big game.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-11-2019, 10:51   #21
molloyjh

Yeah, Ospreys are a shambles. There isnt a huge difference between this Ospreys selection and the one Munster got the TBP win over a few weeks back. The Munster selection on the other hand is markedly stronger with Scannell, Kleyn, Beirne, POM, Stander, Murray, Farrell, Earls and Conway all back. This has to he a 5 pointer. If it isn't then Munster would need to be asking serious questions of themselves. They are more than good enough to win this very comfortably.
16-11-2019, 10:56   #22
Bassfish

Anyone know if highlights are being broadcast free to air anywhere? None on tg4 tonight.
16-11-2019, 13:19   #23
Former Former

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassfish View Post
Anyone know if highlights are being broadcast free to air anywhere? None on tg4 tonight.
Virgin have the rights now
16-11-2019, 13:44   #24
baas baa

Good to see Loughman getting a start, thought he was the standout forward in his u20s crop but the attempted shift to TH gave his career a stuttering start. One of the younger crop of looseheads along with Byrne and O'Sullivan I'm hopeful will push on and transition to test level.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-11-2019, 17:27   #25
Shefwedfan

Have BT hired all RTÉ people for Ireland province games?
16-11-2019, 17:27   #26
Bassfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Former View Post
Virgin have the rights now
Just saw there's a highlights show on Monday night on Virgin Media, way too long after the fact!
16-11-2019, 17:38   #27
AlfaZen

Some strange decisions from the referee already.
16-11-2019, 17:39   #28
2smiggy

Warns them against dummying at the base, yet still gives them the penalty. Very odd
16-11-2019, 17:42   #29
ScrubsfanChris

Shocking pass from Haley
Thanks from:
16-11-2019, 17:43   #30
Clegg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrubsfanChris View Post
Shocking pass from Haley
Yep. But not just from him either. There was a pass to Bleyendall that was basically lobbed in the air to him and he did very well to catch it. Slowed down that backline move a lot before it ever got to Haley.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion