Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Crepe batter

• 08-11-2019 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone, anyone in the world know a foolproof vegan crepe recipe, or know someone who will teach me one, that will withstand being cooked on a professional iron grill, like what they use in crepe vans at markets etc?

I want to set up a small vegan crepe business and have sought business advice on another thread but I am having difficulty perfecting a tasty, yet tough and consistent batter. I have tried numerous variations of a myriad of recipes off the internet, so far to no satisfactory avail..

Ideally I would also like gluten free but at this stage, I am willing to temporarily forego that idea :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Try messing around with chick pea flour. Proportions: 1 cup of flour to 1 cup of water, half a teaspoon of salt. Quickest way to mix is in a processor or liquidiser. Let it stand for an hour or overnight.

Gradually experiment with thickness of crepe and flavourings. I make these to go with curries, adding a pinch of chilli or black pepper.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

Try messing around with chick pea flour. Proportions: 1 cup of flour to 1 cup of water, half a teaspoon of salt. Quickest way to mix is in a processor or liquidiser. Let it stand for an hour or overnight.

Gradually experiment with thickness of crepe and flavourings. I make these to go with curries, adding a pinch of chilli or black pepper.

Hmm I never thought of that at all David! Thank you for the reply!

Vegan (and even better if you can get organic chick pea flour and other stuff), GF, oil-free (unless you use oil on the grill), practically fat-free.

I flavour ours with anything I have from the garden - thyme, rosemary, chillis etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mia2013

I tried chickpea one before and it is lovely but here is another one that I do at home:
    1. 2 cups of flour (any - I mix half and half white and wholemeal spelt)
    2. Pinch of salt
    3. Sparkling water slightly less then two cups (mix one at first and add more gradually to get the right consistency)
    Mix with whisker and it's ready to fry right away.

Dogs in togs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Dogs in togs.

What's the dog made from?

auspicious wrote: »
    What's the dog made from?

It's from a pack of Taifun tofu wieners. :D

Advertisement