Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Thoughts on Alonso and callum Wilson out and pva/Johnny and rashford in.

Wouldn't fancy a Wolves defender now that Boly is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Call me mental

Jorginho and Aubamayang out

Martial and Rashford in

You're mental

Seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

You're mental

Seriously

Next 3 are Brighton Home, Blunts Away and Villa Home

I think they may do some damage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Personally I would be waiting to after the pool game to sell Sterling - most players playing against their old team up their game, huge game which city probably have to win, given city's defence they will concede, so they'll need to be scoring the other end.
    Played against Liverpool 11 times, only scored once (Charity Sheild)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

As a Man Utd fan myself, I have no faith in our attack; especially double attack. And Brighton and SheffUtd are in decent form. I'm happy for you to prove me wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭sheroman01

United: 13 goals in 11 games. If you exclude that first fluke match against Chelsea in GW1, that's 9 goals in 10 games. They're grim going forward. Chance one of them, don't double up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

-4 Sterling and Otamendi OUT, Mané and Robertson IN

• Registered Users Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pope

Tomari Soy Lunstrum

Mane Sterling Mount KDB

Vardy Tammy Jimi

Subs : Button, Lowton, Cantwell, Kelly

1FT. Any obvious transfers?

Zero money ITB so replacement options for Cantwell or Kelly are limited and feel sideways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭macraignil

Pope

Tomari Soy Lunstrum

Mane Sterling Mount KDB

Vardy Tammy Jimi

Zero money ITB so replacement options for Cantwell or Kelly are limited and feel sideways.
    The scout on the fpl site suggests Willems of Newcastle might be worth considering at 4.5 mill and I would consider swapping him out for Lowton as Burnley defense has been poor lately. You might also be needing a Mount replacement as he limped off in this evenings champions' league game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Pope

Tomari Soy Lunstrum

Mane Sterling Mount KDB

Vardy Tammy Jimi

We have the same 11 bar Jimi, who I will bring in next week all going well :pac:

I'd bank. As poster above said possibly move Mount if injured next and also move Cantwell to 4.4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I need help, maybe even a mini WC for a -12. Have 1FT. 2.4m itb.
    Have this motley Crew:

Pope
    Lundstrom Tomori Lowton Otamendi
    Sterling Pepe Mount
    Kun Vardy Cilson

Stek Guendozi D.Luiz Boly

Honestly have no idea what to do and feel like just giving up or becoming a total casual and leaving my team until around January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Obviously not this week.... but would anyone (like myself) be considering Oxlade Chamberlain at 6.2m

Liverpool have some nice fixtures coming up, have an absolute chunky fixture list and The Ox is in fine goalscoring form.

Will he get more minutes? I think so against those teams

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Obviously not this week.... but would anyone (like myself) be considering Oxlade Chamberlain at 6.2m

Liverpool have some nice fixtures coming up, have an absolute chunky fixture list and The Ox is in fine goalscoring form.

Will he get more minutes? I think so against those teams

The problem with Liverpool apart from the congestion is gw18 blank
    I’m reluctant to do more than a double up now as I also have stupid Fredericks

Have this motley Crew:

Pope
    Sterling Pepe Mount
    Kun Vardy Cilson

Honestly have no idea what to do and feel like just giving up or becoming a total casual and leaving my team until around January.
    I'd suggest sorting your defense first
    Otamendi - TAA
    Boly - Rico

Then downgrade Aguero to a sub (Connolly?), and bring in Mane for Douglas Luis

Pope
    TAA Lundstram Tomori (Lowton, Rico)
    Mane Sterling Pepe Mount (Geundouzi)
    Cilson Vardy

I'm not mad on Pepe or Cilson either but I think you have other priorities, and both have the ability and fixtures to light it up

macraignil wrote: »
    The scout on the fpl site suggests Willems of Newcastle might be worth considering at 4.5 mill and I would consider swapping him out for Lowton as Burnley defense has been poor lately.
    I was very close to signing Williems this week but had a look at Newcastle forums and they expect Matt Richie to take that spot in the next week or two. He's back from injury. Williems did very well deputising and maybe Bruce will keep faith, but Richie is a big favorite among the fans

Have this motley Crew:

Pope
    Sterling Pepe Mount
    Kun Vardy Cilson

I think you’d be more invested if you made the decisions you think are best.

It might increase your enjoyment if/when your changes are successful. If you follow too much advice then you’re losing control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

klopparama wrote: »
    I think you’d be more invested if you made the decisions you think are best.

It might increase your enjoyment if/when your changes are successful. If you follow too much advice then you’re losing control.

I'm also weary of the upcoming international break. I'd loathe to make 4/5 transfers and then have a few of the incoming players get injured. Didn't realize until just now there's a break after this weekend.

Now thinking just Boly to TAA/Chilwell and make 3-4 changes before GW13.

Definitely want Mane, possibly Jiminez and Liverpool defense cover

• Registered Users Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

macraignil wrote: »
    The scout on the fpl site suggests Willems of Newcastle might be worth considering at 4.5 mill and I would consider swapping him out for Lowton as Burnley defense has been poor lately. You might also be needing a Mount replacement as he limped off in this evenings champions' league game.

Good point about Lowton.... Palaces poor fixtures had me distracted and I was focusing on getting rid of Kelly but I have double Burnley defense (Pope) so I should concentrate on resolving that. Cheers

km79 wrote: »
    The problem with Liverpool apart from the congestion is gw18 blank
    I’m reluctant to do more than a double up now as I also have stupid Fredericks

Could easily switch him over at that time as there is a lot of options in that price range. Totally different decision (and easier) than say a Mane whrrr a lot of value will be tied up

Add to that , there will be 6 or 7 games till then so you’ll know exactly where he stands

I'm also weary of the upcoming international break. I'd loathe to make 4/5 transfers and then have a few of the incoming players get injured. Didn't realize until just now there's a break after this weekend.

Now thinking just Boly to TAA/Chilwell and make 3-4 changes before GW13.

Definitely want Mane, possibly Jiminez and Liverpool defense cover

I’ve always liked the second week after the internationals for WC or mini WC.

So if you could use one FT this weekend to have a guaranteed starter, that you actually want, and then roll your FT for the first week after the IB.

So then basically have 2 FT’s for GW 14 and make 3-4 changes.

You may cope with just getting 11 on to the pitch for the next 2 GW’s and then GW 14 you’ll have a shedload more info.

• Advertisement

Kane blank and Son 2 goals , got me thinking.

Mount, Yarmolenko, Cantwell & 2 City mids May see me switch up midfield instead of going for Kane now. (Can do after Int. break for Aubam

I am wary about selling both auba and aguero and leaving myself with a forward line of two Seven millionish stikers and a 9.5
    Think I will reluctantly hold Auba and keep the balance for now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Will see how Wolves go tonight....will be bringing in Jiminez for Aguero.

Not sure if Traore for Maddison/Tielemans is worth a hit this week (??)

Traore was a desperate punt that has failed spectacularly :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,980 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Aguero
    > Vardy

I never thought that transfer would feel so good. although Aguero might now play every week just to take penalties. Jesus is fúcking woeful at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have enough to do Alonso and callum Wilson out and get Robertson and jimenez in. Really good fixtures coming up for the latter two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Sterling/Haller to Son/Vardy done for -4. Had planned on geting Martial instead so I could get in in Jiminez as well but couldnt trust him

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Will see how Wolves go tonight....will be bringing in Jiminez for Aguero.

Not sure if Traore for Maddison/Tielemans is worth a hit this week (??)

Traore was a desperate punt that has failed spectacularly :-(

I probably should just do auba to Jiminez and stop being so smart I suppose
    Saves me a hit though and keeps a bit of balance in my forward line

It’s down to
    Keep auba and get Traire no hit and have exact money for next weeks transfer
    Or
    Sell auba for Jiminez and cantwell to martial for a hit
    Have more than enough money for next weeks transfer

Martial has burned me for a hit the last 2 times in a row
    Don’t trust united
    Don’t like a hit before IB

And yet here I am

I probably should just do auba to Jiminez and stop being so smart I suppose
    Saves me a hit though and keeps a bit of balance in my forward line

It’s down to
    Keep auba and get Traire no hit and have exact money for next weeks transfer
    Or
    Sell auba for Jiminez and cantwell to martial for a hit
    Have more than enough money for next weeks transfer

Martial has burned me for a hit the last 2 times in a row
    Don’t trust united
    Don’t like a hit before IB

And yet here I am

Sure it’s only a game and supposed to be a bit of fun right ........owning auba is no fun..........

Neves missed a pen tonight too. Wonder Will Jiminez dislodge him now

Sure it’s only a game and supposed to be a bit of fun right ........owning auba is no fun..........

Neves missed a pen tonight too. Wonder Will Jiminez dislodge him now

I think they alternate penalties at Wolves anyway
    So Jimenez is taking next one regardless if Neves scored tonight or not.

• Advertisement

I am wary about selling both auba and aguero and leaving myself with a forward line of two Seven millionish stikers and a 9.5
    Think I will reluctantly hold Auba and keep the balance for now

Go to Kane to keep the balance :) Now’s the time !!

Gone for a -8

KDB, Yarmolenko & Aubam Out

Kane, Son & Martial In

Advertisement