Originally Posted by aloooof
I find your posts pretty hard to follow tbh, but I'll try and reply.
- 13 players you'd like to see tried over the next 24 months (some of which are in the squad, or have been tried in the past).
- Then another 4, saying you're sure you're forgetting more
- Then 7, who are our World Class players
- Then 6 who are potentially World Class
- Then 2 quality internationals.
Honestly finding it hard to know exactly what you want. Can you name a 23 you'd like to see starting in our 2nd game of then 6 Nations against Wales, say?
Yeah likewise so we have that in common. I am in work and don't have time to be editing and formatting etc or repeating stuff for people who can't or at least don't want to comprehend simple points/be pedantic over every small detail.
i'm not quoting holy scripture or Macbeth at the globe here i think its pretty clear what i've said. We have the talent, we have the players. Its all small stuff and i have admitted that critics like myself come across as foolish as they are minor enough details.
Summed up we have an abundance of talent. I am very hopeful for that reason. But we need to find a better way of utilizing it without harking back to the past. Called negative Niall on the other forum yet i'm being positive. Just can't win on boards. I remember the shrill calls that i was mad for suggesting Ringrose over Payne back in the day. One of the reasons i went back to lurking.
But if we go out on Saturday and it goes wrong, on top of the season we had and Japan we need to clear the decks, or at least change the rudder, for Andy to put his own stamp/mark on it.Yeah maybe thats the same 15, who knows. And shefwed is right, i probably am being way too harsh on him. Its not as a coach.
I mean people are arguing going with the same 15 on some of the forums. Utter madness. In saying that, yes there isn't massive changes to be made or time if the IRFU go the usual route. 15, 14, 10 (due to age), 8, 6, 2 are all up for grabs imo. Like tried can mean given a shot like Adelokun and Byrne were against some tier 2 team. I'm not saying pick a whole new 15!! Look at the way the All Blacks bring people in and who is left out. We would never in a million years leave out talents like Smith or even Savea.
I'm unsure how thats unclear? Pick one post in isolation fine...
Many of the players i have mentioned are capped, yes i am aware.
I have never blamed the players in any of this current setup. Its a fantastic team. For me only POM is not my cup of tea. But i get the love for him. Missing World class players in SOB, Leavy.
15) Larmour, 14) Conway, 13)GR 12) RH 11) Stockdale 10)JC/JS healthy mix 9)mix again for depth 8)Conan 7)Penny 6) Beirne 5)IH, 4)JR 3)Furlong 2)Kelleher 1)Healy - some fantasy picks i'm aware. But i'm fairly certain Penny, Kelleher, JC will be top internationals. Whats to lose? As i said the World Cup trumps 6 nations, november internationals so it looks like we screwed that up. I just cannot keep going on this circle of self defeating prophecy (the same calls made after every world cup - everything is fine) and delusion.
Surely Saturday will put an end to it either way - for the likes of reactionary critics like me or the people hunting down any critics, and looking forward every 4 years or just lauding local stuff. I hope its the latter that wins out and people remind me of my posts.