Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POTW 486: 7/9/19 - 13/9/19

• 14-10-2019 9:01am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

Portlawslim
    48703677193_a158384b82_c.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Adrian.Sadlier
    48694029628_de216ff661_c.jpg

Loki98
    48700937212_e32de28cb1_c.jpg#

CelticRambler
    Kenya2019-Safari-134.jpg

Beasty
    490570.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS Portlawslim
    WELL DONE HMs

Portlawslim, if you wouldn't mind it would be great to get some insight into the capturing and processing of this winning shot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Super shot portaslim

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Wow, Thanks very much. Some great shots there Well done al the HM's and Great work from Myksyk as per usual. First POTW I think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Great shots that week guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Just remembered that we're meant to tell peeps about the POTW shot.
    Taken in Woodstown Beach in Co.Waterford https://goo.gl/maps/VzGaSxRP4hCb3PDj8

I had to wait for the Sunrise to coincide with the tide being all the way out so I could get out to the oyster beds.
    Shot @ f11, ISO 100 for 330 secs.
    Lee Little Stopper and 4 stop hard grad.

Used mainly LR for processing and removed a small few sunspots with photoshop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

amazing dogs photo, wouldn't be out of place in a dog food ad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

dinneenp wrote: »
    amazing dogs photo, wouldn't be out of place in a dog food ad!

Thanks Dinneenp. The secret to good dog photos is get to their level - or in this case falling down in the dunes and taking a shot when they come to investigate 😀.

Unfortunately there will be no new photos of the pair of them - I lost my "Shadow". 3 weeks ago. Old age finally caught up with her. 💔

Advertisement