Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Enjoying Tea and Coffee without cow’s milk.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭jmreire

Ever tried condensed milk? Vegan condensed milk of course!

No, since I stopped the milk and sugar regime, the only additive that I have used, and that was in coffee, was Cardamon. That puts a nice flavor in it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Never knew you could put cardamon!

Never knew you could put cardamon!

In the middle east especially, in the shop's which sell coffee bean's, you select your bean's, and if you want they will grind them for you, and ask if you want Cardamon added during the grinding process. In the Cafe's also, its common practice for the waiter to ask if you want cardamon or not, and you will be charged a little bit extra for this if you want it... price depending on how much cardamon you want.
    Some people like it, and some do not, but I found that I liked it. Give it a try sometime !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Cardamon has the effect of taking the jitter out of coffee. Personally I find the flavour too strong.

Depending on mood, I'd sometimes add a tip of a teaspoon of ground ginger.

Cardamon has the effect of taking the jitter out of coffee. Personally I find the flavour too strong.

Depending on mood, I'd sometimes add a tip of a teaspoon of ground ginger.

Yes, It's a personal choice. Sometimes I use it, sometimes not, but did use it a lot when abroad..I must try the ground ginger though, that's new to me, but I don't mind experimenting. Sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised. Anyone else tried adding something ( other than sugar and milk) to their favorite brew? :o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

jmreire wrote: »
    Yes, It's a personal choice. Sometimes I use it, sometimes not, but did use it a lot when abroad..I must try the ground ginger though, that's new to me, but I don't mind experimenting. Sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised. Anyone else tried adding something ( other than sugar and milk) to their favorite brew? :o:o:o

The ginger is almost unnoticeable (not quite, it's there but). It's literally just the tip of a teaspoon, like the white on a very neat fingernail! Since starting to add it about a year ago (max. two cups of coffee a day, sometimes only one) I've felt less 'achy'. I'm convinced it's this small change that's done it.

You could try a pinch of turmeric and black pepper. Said to be very good. I knew a guy who carried his own black pepper grinder around with him and loved a sprinkle of it on his black coffee.

The ginger is almost unnoticeable (not quite, it's there but). It's literally just the tip of a teaspoon, like the white on a very neat fingernail! Since starting to add it about a year ago (max. two cups of coffee a day, sometimes only one) I've felt less 'achy'. I'm convinced it's this small change that's done it.

You could try a pinch of turmeric and black pepper. Said to be very good. I knew a guy who carried his own black pepper grinder around with him and loved a sprinkle of it on his black coffee.

That's an idea all right...I already have the Tumeric "In Stock" as I use it with Cumin and Cinnamon in the porridge every morning, just a sprinkle of each. Make's the porridge more palatable and tasty, in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I bought a few of the Beanies flavoured coffees in one of the supermarkets here. Have only tried the cinnamon flavor but the taste isn’t good. It seems to leave a metallic type taste and is very sharp.
    Has anyone tried these?? Are they just cheapo gimmicky coffees?? Are any of them nice??
    It was first time I saw them when I bought, and just got taken in by the idea they might be like the expensive flavoured coffee u get in a cafe.

Advertisement