Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-10-2019, 16:32   #46
fixXxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeroo View Post
The game is better than it's ever been in ranked, long wait times for dps aside.
Have to agree here. Steamrolls are the least I've ever had. Can take losing if it feels like it was an even fight.
Advertisement
01-10-2019, 18:02   #47
Homelander

I like the system. I'm horrible at tanks though. I'm platinum DPS/Support (barely in Support anymore after losing a ton of games recently) but can't get past high silver for tanks! I mean I think I'm not quite that horrible but I've played so many games but can't get past that, so it's gotta be me. It's like a stain on my profile every time I see it.
Thanks from:
01-10-2019, 18:50   #48
IvoryTower

If you get into a 3-6 stack as dps the queue is fine, solo q is rough. But you know, play a different role
Thanks from:
02-10-2019, 12:40   #49
Dcully

When you guys mentioned wait times I assumed it was for competitive but I'm seeing 3-4 mins wait for support and tank while 7-8 for dps just for quickplay. I can't be arsed with that.
02-10-2019, 12:43   #50
Mickeroo
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcully View Post
When you guys mentioned wait times I assumed it was for competitive but I'm seeing 3-4 mins wait for support and tank while 7-8 for dps just for quickplay. I can't be arsed with that.
Classic quickplay is in arcade now, no role queue there.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-10-2019, 12:44   #51
fixXxer

Unit Lost have a preview up on his youtube channel for the Switch version. It looks pretty decent. Gyro control look pretty fun in handheld mode.
02-10-2019, 13:25   #52
Dcully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeroo View Post
Classic quickplay is in arcade now, no role queue there.
Ah , i just clicked quickplay from main screen ie where it was last i played.
02-10-2019, 13:30   #53
TitianGerm

Unit Lost has a new video up showing some Switch gameplay. There's actually an option for gyro aiming. Was that announced before?
02-10-2019, 13:54   #54
fixXxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitianGerm View Post
Unit Lost has a new video up showing some Switch gameplay. There's actually an option for gyro aiming. Was that announced before?
It was sort of shown in the announcement trailer, steering Junkrats riptyre.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-10-2019, 22:23   #55
Canis Lupus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcully View Post
I havent played in about 18 months, i was planing to reinstall to see what the craic is but K.O.Kiki put a stop to that lol
I think the game is the least fun it's been in a while. I've stopped playing since Sigma went live.

Role queue times are poor for DPS, being locked into a role which I thought might be good is actually dreadfully frustrating and the meta is the absolute ABSOLUTE worst it's ever been.

Whilst it's nice to add freshness to the game with new characters I think Blizzard sometimes need to admit a certain character just isn't adding anything and rather than buff/nerf it/other characters to try and jimmy it in they just need to delete it. We're also at a tipping point where they can't keep adding characters, it's just a mess to balance now as it is from a competitive pov.
03-10-2019, 09:05   #56
IvoryTower

Of course they can keep adding characters!

They'll nerf sigma/orisa and then itll be onto the next "worst meta".
03-10-2019, 09:25   #57
fixXxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
I think the game is the least fun it's been in a while. I've stopped playing since Sigma went live.

Role queue times are poor for DPS, being locked into a role which I thought might be good is actually dreadfully frustrating and the meta is the absolute ABSOLUTE worst it's ever been.

Whilst it's nice to add freshness to the game with new characters I think Blizzard sometimes need to admit a certain character just isn't adding anything and rather than buff/nerf it/other characters to try and jimmy it in they just need to delete it. We're also at a tipping point where they can't keep adding characters, it's just a mess to balance now as it is from a competitive pov.
Have you considered switching?
03-10-2019, 09:45   #58
IvoryTower

I tell you who could do with an oul nerfin, invincy-sym
Thanks from:
03-10-2019, 09:50   #59
IvoryTower

If you're a hard stuck dps I recommend trying ana, zen, hammond, hog, dva(bit crap at moment), even Zarya. You can really feel like you're popping off with these characters, you'll often find yourself in the elims medals. If you're worried they're not meta and you're stuck in gold then give your head a wobble and start playing other characters, worry about the meta when you're ready to go pro
03-10-2019, 09:54   #60
A Neurotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryTower View Post
I tell you who could do with an oul nerfin, invincy-sym
She got one a week or two ago - her beam width went down. It's actually a very noticeable nerf when you play her.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion