Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-08-2019, 11:20   #16
wally1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishphotodesk View Post
People are like sheep...just follow the latest trend given to them by "influencers" and advertising.

Nothing that hasn't been done since the invention of radio/TV commercials.

Have a look outside when Wimbledon is on ... Kids playing tennis, have a look outside when the world cup is on...kids playing football, we are influenced by what is thrown in our faces, OP you chose that hotel, based on ...

A) Images that you found online
B) a recommendation from a friend or online website
C) complete random selection
A fried who was recently here in Malta recommended it because it was central and the place was spotless with good staff
So then I searched it online and it looked nice so I booked it.
Advertisement
17-08-2019, 11:22   #17
duffman13

Tbh it's not that bad in Europe compared to Asia, was mind boggling a few years ago when I was there, photoshoots lasting hours was the norm.

We were on a boat going to a different island and a couple from our hotel were sat in front. The girl in question spent over 2 hours on the boat editing a single photo, sucking in her waste and puffing out stuff. It's bizarre but unfortunately appears to be becoming more rampant if anything
Thanks from:
17-08-2019, 11:27   #18
mfceiling

On the money OP.

Young people have no sense of shame or self awareness. Get on a bus/luas/dart and you hear their entire phone conversation...And they don't speak quietly or hold back any information. You'll hear every detail.
They can't have something to eat without climbing on to a chair to get the perfect angle to photograph their food. Just eat the fcuking thing.... Nobody cares that you are here.
It's like they believe they are famous and their entire life has to be documented.
Newsflash....Nobody cares.
17-08-2019, 11:53   #19
Martina1991

All those people will look back on their holiday photos saying, here I am at the Eiffel Tower, Colosseum, Big Ben......and will only have their backs to the camera. Either that or looking off into the distance. What is the point in that.

Imagine looking back at your parents holiday snaps when you were a child and seeing 40 different angles of their arse.
12-10-2019, 10:46   #20
Nigel Fairservice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfceiling View Post
On the money OP.

Young people have no sense of shame or self awareness. Get on a bus/luas/dart and you hear their entire phone conversation...And they don't speak quietly or hold back any information. You'll hear every detail.
They can't have something to eat without climbing on to a chair to get the perfect angle to photograph their food. Just eat the fcuking thing.... Nobody cares that you are here.
It's like they believe they are famous and their entire life has to be documented.
Newsflash....Nobody cares.
Complely agree. People aren't shy either of pulling all manner of faces while taking selfies of themselves on planes (airports), trains and buses.
Advertisement
19-10-2019, 11:46   #21
xieann

And this kind of media makes up 80% content on facebook. The "creators" of this content pump out this sort of content without any deviation.
Distinct from Retro Pages, Art & Craft fb Pages,

Now, facebook is ROOTING for more art & craft, retro content etc: I started a facebook page. And then the facebook bots start BOMBARDING me with "viewers of this blaba page haven't heard from you in a while!!!" / "You have'nt updated this page in a while"

FFS facebook... I'm a fooking one man band.

I deleted the facebook page.
19-10-2019, 12:00   #22
nthclare

Ironically it's the people who don't need to be taking selfies or are into this wave of ostentatious bllsh1t, are the people who stand out the most.

There's a sense of freedom of not being one of the goons addicted to the Zuckerberg cult.

I mean stand out the most as in outside that circle, and not standing out as in being admired.

I suppose there's also a bit of smugness involved in not being on those platforms...
Thanks from:
19-10-2019, 12:07   #23
Wesser

Yes while on holiday in france recently noticed the same thing, the amount if time put into posturing , pouting, setting up photos, retaking photos, unbelievable......definitely not just an irish thing
19-10-2019, 14:05   #24
Homelander

It's incredibly annoying. Taking photos is fine, but this model-photoshoot crap for social media accounts really gets on my nerves. I was somewhere recently and a queue of people attempting to view something was held up for 5 minutes while this moron got her boyfriend to take I'd say 10 different photos, with different poses and from different angles, completely uncaring of the people waiting.

I was also somewhere recently and I saw a child of about 6 or 7 years old with her own phone snapping selfies with all sort of duck-lip poses and gestures from different angles. It was both hilarious and deeply disturbing.
Advertisement
19-10-2019, 14:47   #25
Nigel Fairservice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelander View Post
It's incredibly annoying. Taking photos is fine, but this model-photoshoot crap for social media accounts really gets on my nerves. I was somewhere recently and a queue of people attempting to view something was held up for 5 minutes while this moron got her boyfriend to take I'd say 10 different photos, with different poses and from different angles, completely uncaring of the people waiting.

I was also somewhere recently and I saw a child of about 6 or 7 years old with her own phone snapping selfies with all sort of duck-lip poses and gestures from different angles. It was both hilarious and deeply disturbing.
I saw something similar in Santorini. We were at a well known scenic viewpoint on the island and there was a girl in a white flowing dress and a fedora hogging the view entirely for herself and her photos. She was acting like she was on a professional shoot...it was just her and her fella. Many ridiculous poses were struck in full view of loads of people waiting to get in for their own photos. Zero self awareness in terms of how silly she looked or her selfishness of taking up the whole place for herself.
19-10-2019, 14:59   #26
dhaughton99

What I saw last week in St Stephens green left me gobsmaked.
The Falun Gong were sitting in the grass meditating in a circle of around 10. Male and female walked past on the path beside them. She walks into the middle of the circle, sits down, folds her legs and puts her arms out in a meditation pose. The male takes a few pics of her for her insta. Up she gets and off they saunter away.
I so wanted to punch him in the back of the head.
25-10-2019, 22:17   #27
ksceniaonegina

Such a whiny post
07-11-2019, 21:39   #28
LoughNeagh2017

Humans are creatures of ego whereas low tier men like have no problem admitting that they are losers of society, the good thing about being a loser is that you aren't worried about keeping up a reputation.
Thanks from:
07-11-2019, 21:44   #29
Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoughNeagh2017 View Post
Humans are creatures of ego whereas low tier men like have no problem admitting that they are losers of society, the good thing about being a loser is that you aren't worried about keeping up a reputation.
Is that some sort of lame incel post?
08-11-2019, 14:35   #30
LoughNeagh2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effects View Post
Is that some sort of lame incel post?
What part of USA do you live in using words like lame?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion