Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-11-2019, 11:36   #61
OldRio

I went the Now TV route. I pay 15 euro a month for the next 3 months. Watch BT and Premier Sport for the Rugby.
After that back to 'other means'.
Advertisement
12-11-2019, 11:36   #62
ScrubsfanChris

Just to add, their website does say "Coverage available to UK subscribers only." for Pro14, but through Now Tv it doesn't seem to come into affect.
12-11-2019, 11:44   #63
Boscoirl

signed up for NowTV to cover the group stages, then will go to the pub for all the knock out games., will probably still go to the pub for the good group games
12-11-2019, 15:22   #64
budhabob

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRio View Post
I went the Now TV route. I pay 15 euro a month for the next 3 months. Watch BT and Premier Sport for the Rugby.
It says €17pm on the site?
12-11-2019, 15:53   #65
PMC83

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRio View Post
Do you have sky?

Unfortunately Virgin customers can't add BT (though now getting Eir is a plus)

I have gone down the NowTv route as well, but not being able to record is a pain
Advertisement
12-11-2019, 22:22   #66
OldRio

I signed up to NowTV about 3 weeks ago. I think it was 15 euro but not absolutely sure now. Haha.
No I don't have Sky and cast the NowTV app to my chromecast.
12-11-2019, 23:27   #67
Tigerandahalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC83 View Post
Do you have sky?

Unfortunately Virgin customers can't add BT (though now getting Eir is a plus)

I have gone down the NowTv route as well, but not being able to record is a pain
Not being able to record - how often do you watch full length matches after they have been played? Maybe die hard team supporters do. The highlights show will be on in the days afterwards and content will probably go up on youtube too.
13-11-2019, 04:22   #68
Interested Observer

I'm going to stick with RugbyPass anyway.
13-11-2019, 08:22   #69
PMC83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerandahalf View Post
Not being able to record - how often do you watch full length matches after they have been played? Maybe die hard team supporters do. The highlights show will be on in the days afterwards and content will probably go up on youtube too.
All the time! 3 o clock kick off wont suit with 2 small kids, usually any afternoon matches I will record and put on that night once they are in bed- obviously need to stay away from the phone for a few hours!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-11-2019, 15:28   #70
baaba maal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerandahalf View Post
I don't know about diehard, but I would generally watch our matches when I get home- and certainly the derby Pro14 and all our HC matches.

I like to think I know what I'm talking about when I'm at a game- and then I find out what actually transpired after!
Thanks from:
14-11-2019, 16:04   #71
Dave_The_Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baaba maal View Post
I don't know about diehard, but I would generally watch our matches when I get home- and certainly the derby Pro14 and all our HC matches.

I like to think I know what I'm talking about when I'm at a game- and then I find out what actually transpired after!
I'm the same. I'll usually rewatch a match if it's a home game as there's lots you miss (particularly if you're in the N/S stand in the RDS and the actions up the other end). Ref chatter, contentious events etc.
15-11-2019, 18:42   #72
wavehopper1

Thanks to advice here, I've bought the 3 month BT Sports offer on Now TV for €17 per month.
Never used Now TV before, and was worried about chromecasting via wifi from my laptop as I often have buffering issues.
I've just installed the Now TV app on my PS4 and with a lan connection from the console to tv, the quality is perfect.
Thanks from:
18-11-2019, 08:22   #73
PMC83

Same- watched matches all day Saturday and not a single buffering issue, well worth the 17 lids
18-11-2019, 08:56   #74
Boscoirl

had no problems with Buffering or picture quality on Friday and Sat, and for the connacht game(watched the Munster game in the pub) but in the Racing game it froze twice, which in itself wasnt too bad, but it happened both times when Racing were scoring a try

still though, it was 100times better than relying on a dodgy stream, well worth the €17 a month, not sure I would pay the €34.

managed to watch the La Rochelle game on the TV through my phone with the Chromecast, and keep an eye on some of the Leinster game on my iPad and it didnt complain, so that is handy
18-11-2019, 20:44   #75
Breezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscoirl View Post
had no problems with Buffering or picture quality on Friday and Sat, and for the connacht game(watched the Munster game in the pub) but in the Racing game it froze twice, which in itself wasnt too bad, but it happened both times when Racing were scoring a try
It did the same for me, at the same times, so I doubt it was a buffering issue at your end. More likely at source. Given it wasn’t an issue in the other games for me either, hopefully it won’t be an ongoing problem.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion