Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wait is killing me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Uglysoik1 wrote: »
    After all the wait, vendor has decided to not proceed with the sell. I'm very heartbroken!!
    :mad::mad:

Ah no, that's so disappointing! I hope you find an even better home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Ah it's a mess of an industry.

We're all signed and so has purchaser.
    Supposed to close Monday, now they're threatening another month of a wait if we don't answer more queries.....
    Grrrrr

Sale Closed.....and breath.

Now start the process of the purchase.
    Contracts signed this morning, main deposit to go once our solicitor gets to it.
    New build and already complete, rest of estate have moved in, really hoping this goes quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Our drawdown went in on Monday so mortgage advisor and solicitor thought we might close on Wednesday/yesterday. AIB still havent processed the request.

The 30th is now looking very likely

Still waiting.

Solicitor got the money first thing yesterday morning and tried to contact the vendor solicitor shortly after. Radio silence since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Signed contracts and paid balance of the deposit a week ago and now going though everything (insurance, money transfers etc) but not due to actual complete and get our keys for another week.

Close, but not there yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭ Cara Angry Spotlight

I'm now 8 weeks since sale agreed. No contracts, no updates and no information on likely timeline. The house is still in probate so it's as expected, but it's still so frustrating being in the dark about everything. I have everything organised on my side, mortgage protection and home insurance ready to go. No chains, house is vacant. The time taken to process probate is just depressing.

I was supposed to complete last friday but the Bank are delaying for some weird reason.

They've decided to go back to the valuer for some clarification on something, which I don't really get as

- we're not getting the bargain of the centuary or anything but we're not paying wildly over the odds.
    - the LTV is only 60%, so the banks risk isnt massive
    - why wait until this point in the process, surely they shouldnt have issued the mortgage offer if they werent satisfied.

Really feel in limbo. The STRESS of it all!

Closed today! Picking up keys after work :)

First viewed back in early May and made our bid in early June, which was accepted a week later.

So... just over 4 months, and thats including August, where basically nothing happened, so not too bad all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

SozBbz wrote: »

First viewed back in early May and made our bid in early June, which was accepted a week later.

So... just over 4 months, and thats including August, where basically nothing happened, so not too bad all in all.

Congratulations! I bet you're dying to finish work now :D

I got my keys this week too, been waiting since February (for a new build).

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Productive afternoon in work now I bet ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Uglysoik1

Congratulations! I bet you're dying to finish work now :D

I got my keys this week too, been waiting since February (for a new build).
    Congrats!

awec wrote: »
    Productive afternoon in work now I bet ;)

Skived off at 3.30 to collect the keys! Paid for it with a mountain of email this morning though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

We put in a bid last Wednesday, and they only came back to us today to say they will be scheduling a meeting with the vendor to discuss our bid. I thought it could be done over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

7 weeks after signing contracts and 4 months after sale agreed..the map issue is being fixed and the sale can proceed. Original closing date was 5 weeks ago so we await a new one and hope it's 2019. Such a relief. Worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Lux23 wrote: »
    We put in a bid last Wednesday, and they only came back to us today to say they will be scheduling a meeting with the vendor to discuss our bid. I thought it could be done over the phone.

Yeah that’s not right, a phone call is most cases is grand, we put in bid Monday, got update this morning from ea saying that we have top bid but they want a bit more 🀨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭ Cara Angry Spotlight

I'm now 8 weeks since sale agreed. No contracts, no updates and no information on likely timeline. The house is still in probate so it's as expected, but it's still so frustrating being in the dark about everything. I have everything organised on my side, mortgage protection and home insurance ready to go. No chains, house is vacant. The time taken to process probate is just depressing.

Now 10 weeks sale agreed. No further progress, and zero updates or information from anyone. :(

Now 10 weeks sale agreed. No further progress, and zero updates or information from anyone. :(

Horrible to wait without knowing

3 years ago we tried buying. Pulled pin after 13 or 14 weeks of nothing. It seemed to sell v quickly after us

Not even from your solicitor?

Is there a complication in the sale that you're aware of? Like a distressed sale or complications re Land Registry or whatever.

If I were you I'd go back to viewings and try to find something else, even if only as a back up while you make up your mind what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Went sale agreed last January. Problem with deeds etc and no progress by July so we started looking elsewhere.
    Went sale agreed on another house so withdrew our offer on the first one in early August.
    Received contracts within a week but solicitor had specific queries for engineer, so we couldn't progress to that step until he said so.
    After 3 weeks of solicitors holidays and now 3 weeks of solicitor in court, we are still waiting to sign contracts.
    Everything else is in order regarding engineer report and valuation etc.
    The solicitor is just taking a long long time.
    Once contracts are signed, hopefully this week, if not early next week, we are into the final stages of drawdown etc.
    What is the usual timeline for after both parties signing contracts to handover?

What is the usual timeline for after both parties signing contracts to handover?

Our solicitor set our closing date for 3 weeks after we signed.

We actually closed 1week later due to our bank being arseholes, but heyho.

• Advertisement

Our solicitor set our closing date for 3 weeks after we signed.

We actually closed 1week later due to our bank being arseholes, but heyho.

Just seems like everyone wants to make life as difficult as possible. Will be a glad man to eventually get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jen70

We are ten weeks sale agreed, we were notified this week contracts are now ready to be signed! progress :)

jen70 wrote: »
    We are ten weeks sale agreed, we were notified this week contracts are now ready to be signed! progress :)

Thats not bad going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Does anyone know if the timeframes mentioned on this thread would be significantly reduced if it is a cash buyer, with no bank involved on their end?

We went sale agreed at the beginning of October and have been told early November for close by our estate agent, but no update yet. No news being good news, i'm hoping.

How long is a piece of string.

Cash buyer can make a difference.
    When I bought with cash 5 years ago we went from sale agreed to keys in 8 or 9 weeks.
    We also overlooked several issues that could have slowed a purchase as the house was cheap.
    If we hadn't the purchase may have taken much longer or collapsed.

I really think it comes down to the paperwork being in place to sell and no issues on the engineer's survey.
    These are the things that slow down sales rather than the banks etc

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the timeframes mentioned on this thread would be significantly reduced if it is a cash buyer, with no bank involved on their end?

We went sale agreed at the beginning of October and have been told early November for close by our estate agent, but no update yet. No news being good news, i'm hoping.

Hard to say. I know my bank caused a delay right at the end, which was extremely frustrating but I'm not sure they added terribly to the overall duration.

The only other think I can think of is that they reduced their rates during the process, so we asked for a fresh mortgage offer with the new rates. That took a week or so but other things were also happening at that time.

The things that delayed us were largely holidays (literally nothing happened in August, and then we were away ourselves for 2 weeks in September) and issues thrown up by the survey. Thankfully our house was registered with the Land Registry which was good, so apparently if thats not done that can be quite a delay.

We found a load of small issues, which we decided to over look, but one major issue with the roof that we renegotiated on, that was 3-4 weeks of back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Our delay is folio based and being a cash buyer may have made a difference. We had no option but to get the issue fixed because banks won't take a flawed title as a general rule whereas a cash buyer can 'buy now fix later' so it's handy for quirks like that. In general though as previously mentioned delays tend to be legal/paperwork or annual leave or structural based. I have to say AIB have been fantastic from pre-applicstion all the way through to where we are now awaiting imminent news of contract exchange/new closing date.

Contact signing day, a progressive step finally.

Do you need to transfer the remainder of the deposit to the solicitor when you sign the contracts, as in does it have to be done before you sign contracts, or is it usually requested after the contracts are signed to be done asap.

Thanks

Contact signing day, a progressive step finally.

Do you need to transfer the remainder of the deposit to the solicitor when you sign the contracts, as in does it have to be done before you sign contracts, or is it usually requested after the contracts are signed to be done asap.

Thanks

My solicitor asked me to bring a bank draft for the remainder of the deposit to his office on the day we signed contracts.

Maybe check wiht yours?

AFAIK the seller wont countersign without the full deposit in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Our delay is folio based and being a cash buyer may have made a difference. We had no option but to get the issue fixed because banks won't take a flawed title as a general rule whereas a cash buyer can 'buy now fix later' so it's handy for quirks like that. In general though as previously mentioned delays tend to be legal/paperwork or annual leave or structural based. I have to say AIB have been fantastic from pre-applicstion all the way through to where we are now awaiting imminent news of contract exchange/new closing date.

We're waiting now to hear if our bank will accept a qualification on title. We've a remedy for it, so hopeful it will be a positive outcome. Would love to know how long the decision will take either way, though.

Advertisement