Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The wait is killing me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

We are still waiting for the bank to release funds. We were supposed to close last Friday but looks like it will be this Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Spoke to my solicitor today and we're nearly thought the contracts phase and he asked us to name a date for signing.

Still working on the various insurance docs etc with our broker (mortgage protection, house, contents) and the house element is a bit more challenging as the house is 100+. I've asked him to go and find more options. If anyone has any suggestions in this regard I'd be happy to get a PM, as our broker is a tied agent of a particular company for insurance so I want to check against whatever he brings back.

Obviously the bank won't release the funds until all of the above is in place.... typically how soon have people been exchanging after signing contracts? I'm a bit nervous about signing anything until I fully know the score on all of the above.

The vendor has agreed to the insertion of the clause making the contract subject to compliance with the Loan Offer so I presume its not that big a deal to sign whilst we're still working on the various insurance policies as they are part of the loan compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Ugh
    14 weeks since sale agreed
    Our purchase is still dragging their ass.
    Not signed contact yet and nothing from them in a week.
    Last contact was them proposing a closing date. And nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭realmoonunit

Our vendors have added an extra month to their closing date. We are our of our rental in 4 days! Stepping into the great unknown is not a great way to go IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

9 weeks in - including 2 weeks when both solicitor and developer were on holiday - contracts signed by both sides and HTB claimed. Just waiting on a date for snagging now. Insurances are in place so hopefully not too much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 flamingopark

We're 9 weeks in at the moment, our solicitors were on hols the first 2 weeks. We have all contracts signed but just waiting on one letter from the council to advise the estate has been taken over from them before we can draw down funds from the bank. We're waiting 2 weeks for that now so we're thinking the vendors solicitors might be on holidays, hoping it will be in the next week and we will have the keys soon. It's a frustrating waiting game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Contracts signed...but not sent. 9 weeks and we have a boundary issue. Gutted. Could add months and we were set to close in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Funds finally transferred and we got the keys today. Now to start the mammoth task of moving in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Congrats!

We've the signed contracts, but have not got a closing date yet... Which is frustrating! Especially as we've already had to give notice on our current rental, so the clock is ticking... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flamingopark

Congrats :D We heard back from the vendors solicitors today and they have apparently sent on the letter so hoping there will be some movement in the next few days.
    Evd-Burner wrote: »
    Funds finally transferred and we got the keys today. Now to start the mammoth task of moving in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,971 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Signed contracts on my first home on Wednesday - new build so noww have to wait for them to finish building it (and the rest!). Bought a cancellation rather than straight off plans so I shouldn't be too far off; the house is structurally built, windows in, garden fences up - but I don't know what the status of the inside is, and I think there are infrastructure things to be finished too with regards Water and Electricity.

Hoping to be in before christmas - we were told Sep 1 to Nov 1 a month back for the phase we are in, but the reality is probably going to be very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Uglysoik1

So just spoke to my solicitor and he hasn't received anything from the vendors side.
    It's been almost 8 weeks since I went sale agreed. I've been ringing the EA every week same thing 'I'm going to contact the vendors solicitor now' he says to me everytime.
    Don't know what to do and the wait is just too much to handle!

This goes back to a point I made near the start of the thread.

Basically estate agents are secondhand car salesmen not professionals.

You ring em and they shove your house on Daft and put a sign outside.

Question 1 should be "who is your solicitor." And question 2 should be "please forward your draft contract including copy of all of the following planning permission, certs of compliance, BER..."

It's highly likely your seller only contracted solicitor once you went sale agreed. Now a mad scramble for something necessary that seller cannot locate.

In 2017 that was the deeds on a house we intended to purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Uglysoik1 wrote: »
    So just spoke to my solicitor and he hasn't received anything from the vendors side.
    It's been almost 8 weeks since I went sale agreed. I've been ringing the EA every week same thing 'I'm going to contact the vendors solicitor now' he says to me everytime.

We found the agent useless for everything on the house we are buying. They magically knew the answer to the question we and our solicitor had been asking for weeks when we threatened to pull out.

Get your solicitor to send enquiries. The agent may be forgetting to call, or may be going via the vendor.

Vendors solicitor may have been on holidays (likely this time of year, our vendors solicitor has been out of office for about one month of the last three) so may be putting everything together

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It's still prime annual leave for solicitors, the vendor's solicitor could have lost 2 weeks or more to it. The deeds could have been with a bank that are slower to release them than others - and also impacted by annual leave. Our solicitor got our contracts while he was on leave, 7 weeks after sale agreed and then we had to wait until 9 weeks to sign them. Our solicitor wrote to theirs to hurry it up so they can do that for you. The agent should have some investment in hurrying up the sale but probably very little in letting you know the story.

We had a closing date but now it's all in limbo with a boundary issue. We would have hit 12 weeks exactly to keys. Hopefully it still happens this year!

Great thanks for all your replies.

My solicitor has informed me that as it turns out the vendor had changed solicitor causing all the delays.

Hopefully we going to get things progressing soon when he sorts his solicitor out. Fingers crossed.

Purchaser's solicitor sent on signed contract and large deposit.
    We have a closing date.

Looking at 19 weeks, if nothing else crops up

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

Closing tomorrow or early next week at latest. Been a long road (over 4 months since sale agreed) but finally there.

Same, should be closing next week, after 4 months that seemed drawn out at times for no good reason!!!

Almost there...

We're still waiting for the vendor to sign. Closing date is optimistically 30th September.

Just over 4 months since we submitted an offer now.

We thought a no chain sale would be much faster than this :( it's just making the delays even worse because there is no valid reason for them as contracts and documents were all in order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Ballpark, how long would it normally take to attend to a snag list? Presuming nothing too wild or extreme.

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ballpark, how long would it normally take to attend to a snag list? Presuming nothing too wild or extreme.

Few days. Depends on how quickly they want to close and the availability of the trades if they need any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Mine took 9 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ashes2014

We were about 4 months and that was with the buyers really pushing everything!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Same, should be closing next week, after 4 months that seemed drawn out at times for no good reason!!!

Almost there...

Aaaaaaaand done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,971 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Estimated snagging date pushed from end of October to December 12th.

Buying a house is frustrating as fook!

This thread depresses me every time it pops back up.

We have a closing date for our sale. But I'm 100% sure they're going to keep asking more questions prior to closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I put a deposit on a new build in early February. There have been delays along the way and we are probably at least 2 months away from snagging... you think your wait is bad?!

Three months since I posted this and I've snagged, but am still waiting for keys. Three weeks to go apparently :rolleyes:

We're still waiting for the vendor to sign. Closing date is optimistically 30th September.

Just over 4 months since we submitted an offer now.

We thought a no chain sale would be much faster than this :( it's just making the delays even worse because there is no valid reason for them as contracts and documents were all in order.

Our drawdown went in on Monday so mortgage advisor and solicitor thought we might close on Wednesday/yesterday. AIB still havent processed the request.

The 30th is now looking very likely

• Advertisement

Great thanks for all your replies.

My solicitor has informed me that as it turns out the vendor had changed solicitor causing all the delays.

Hopefully we going to get things progressing soon when he sorts his solicitor out. Fingers crossed.

After all the wait, vendor has decided to not proceed with the sell. I'm very heartbroken!!
    :mad::mad:

Advertisement