Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lotto App

• 27-05-2019 5:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Anyone else use the lotto app and find it the most frustrating experience ever? I cut and paste my review from App Store below to highlight my issues.

I run a syndicate and do so using the app. It’s a frustrating experience to put it mildly. Below is a list of annoyances:
    1. The spending limit means I cannot buy any more than 3 Euromillions lines for 8 weeks despite requiring 4. I then have to split the tickets over two days. As far as I can tell there is no limit to how many tickets u can buy in a shop. Suggest you allow for a higher daily spend for syndicates.
    2. I can only select number of draws instead of specific dates and then it’s just even numbers. If I miss a draw because of issues relating to number 1 above I then have to select 6 draws and set a reminder to catch the last one in three weeks time.
    3. I cannot buy a ticket when I’m out of the country. What madness is this! I’m logged onto the bloody thing with my username and password that has been consistent for the last two years and yet get punished for going on holiday. I then have to get another syndicate member to log in and buy the tickets. Note: it used to work abroad.

In short, you’d be better of buying your tickets from a shop.

PS To be fair, they did introduce fingerprint ID after feedback from users so hopefully this review might effect a change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Anyone else use the lotto app and find it the most frustrating experience ever? I cut and paste my review from App Store below to highlight my issues.

I run a syndicate and do so using the app. It’s a frustrating experience to put it mildly. Below is a list of annoyances:
    1. The spending limit means I cannot buy any more than 3 Euromillions lines for 8 weeks despite requiring 4. I then have to split the tickets over two days. As far as I can tell there is no limit to how many tickets u can buy in a shop. Suggest you allow for a higher daily spend for syndicates.
    2. I can only select number of draws instead of specific dates and then it’s just even numbers. If I miss a draw because of issues relating to number 1 above I then have to select 6 draws and set a reminder to catch the last one in three weeks time.
    3. I cannot buy a ticket when I’m out of the country. What madness is this! I’m logged onto the bloody thing with my username and password that has been consistent for the last two years and yet get punished for going on holiday. I then have to get another syndicate member to log in and buy the tickets. Note: it used to work abroad.

In short, you’d be better of buying your tickets from a shop.

PS To be fair, they did introduce fingerprint ID after feedback from users so hopefully this review might effect a change.

3. It is probably local laws. Were you in Spain? France? Portugal? US? All would prohibit use of any non-local gambling app.

Yes tha App is terrible ! I’ve had to delete it and use the main website . It’s not user friendly at all.

I’ve tried to play online from Vancouver and Spain recently. You can’t play abroad !

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GuitarNewport

3DataModem wrote: »
    3. It is probably local laws. Were you in Spain? France? Portugal? US? All would prohibit use of any non-local gambling app.

It was Portugal but I believe it is instigated from Ireland as it used to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

3. I cannot buy a ticket when I’m out of the country. .

Can you not do 8 advance draws?

askU wrote: »
    Can you not do 8 advance draws?

Yes, but because of the daily spend limit I was not able to do it. It’s an inconvenience more than anything else and I can see now that my review was a bit of a rant 😆

• Advertisement

Yes, but because of the daily spend limit I was not able to do it. It’s an inconvenience more than anything else and I can see now that my review was a bit of a rant 😆

But I stand by it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I use the website rather than the App, but the Daily Spending Limit is really annoying.

Plus you can't buy early in the morning or late at night (before 7AM and after 10PM I think). That's really inconvenient for me.

And when you do multiple draws they don't send you an email when all your draws have been completed.

My favourite part is when they send you an email saying you've won!

So you log-in to find out how much.
    In those 2 or 3 minutes you're thinking, "this is it, this is the one"
    And then you see you've won €5. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

It was Portugal but I believe it is instigated from Ireland as it used to work.

I had the same issue in Portugal.

Found a workaround (prefer not to share publicly - if anyone wants to know - PM me).

Having called the National Lottery they advised they do not have a licence to sell outside of Ireland - bit ridiculous really :rolleyes:

Advertisement