Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-05-2019, 01:18   #16
Lucas44

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellenbosch View Post
Me 2- hearing the only first teamer they are losing is NO8 O'Riordan who is off to London-success at the top end likely to depend on how much access they will have to Leinster academy players Kelly/Sylvestre/Turner/Clarkson/Dunne/Baird
Is hogan still there or was he final year this year?
Advertisement
22-05-2019, 19:52   #17
GavMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainalert View Post
Sean Skehan apparently the new head coach in Terenure

Anyone know who is in the shake up for the UCD job?
Sean Skehan announced for Nure yesterday.

I hadn't heard Andy Skehan and UCD were parting ways. I'd imagine the UCD gig will get a lot of high profile interest given the talent pool they get every year
22-05-2019, 21:25   #18
D14Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavMan View Post
Sean Skehan announced for Nure yesterday.

I hadn't heard Andy Skehan and UCD were parting ways. I'd imagine the UCD gig will get a lot of high profile interest given the talent pool they get every year
The announced him about a week ago on their Facebook. It'll be interesting to see if he teaches in a school in Dublin now too.

It's a very difficult player pool to coach though because you don't know who you'll have week to week so might be hard enough to get a coach willing to work with that.
22-05-2019, 22:29   #19
Goodluck2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by D14Rugby View Post
The announced him about a week ago on their Facebook. It'll be interesting to see if he teaches in a school in Dublin now too.

It's a very difficult player pool to coach though because you don't know who you'll have week to week so might be hard enough to get a coach willing to work with that.
By all accounts when Skehan was going for it they had very high caliber coaches going for it, household names. It’s quite prestigious and comes with the not insignificant bonus of no alicadoos
23-05-2019, 10:23   #20
shoutman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodluck2me View Post
By all accounts when Skehan was going for it they had very high caliber coaches going for it, household names. It’s quite prestigious and comes with the not insignificant bonus of no alicadoos
Assume you are referring the the UCD gig - I'd assume there are still alacadoo's associated with the club, but fully get that it would be nothing in comparison to the likes of other big clubs like Tarf, Mary's, 'Nure etc.
Advertisement
24-05-2019, 23:04   #21
D14Rugby

Harrison Brewer off to Panasonic in Japan, big loss for Terenure but he's definitely a professional level player so not surprising.
25-05-2019, 01:16   #22
Lucas44

Quote:
Harrison Brewer off to Panasonic in Japan, big loss for Terenure but he's definitely a professional level player so not surprising.
Would he have been worth a punt for a pro team here in Ireland? Remember huge hype of him coming out of school but similar to burgess in union they ruined him by switching him around in positions
25-05-2019, 01:21   #23
D14Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas44 View Post
Would he have been worth a punt for a pro team here in Ireland? Remember huge hype of him coming out of school but similar to burgess in union they ruined him by switching him around in positions
There were talks with Irish teams apparently but don't know what happened with them, possibly they went nowhere or Panasonic offered more money which wouldn't surprise me.
25-05-2019, 10:45   #24
Squidgy Black

Delighted for him, he played well at u20 when they moved him into centre, but never really worked out at academy level with Leinster. Moved to NZ and moved back into the backrow with Manawatu in the mitre 10.

He was stifled by the number of players coming through at the same time in the backrow, he was in the same U20s squad with Leavy, O'Donoghue, SOB2.0, Peader Timmins. And also VdF in the academy back at Leinster too.
Advertisement
25-05-2019, 11:05   #25
D14Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy Black View Post
Delighted for him, he played well at u20 when they moved him into centre, but never really worked out at academy level with Leinster. Moved to NZ and moved back into the backrow with Manawatu in the mitre 10.

He was stifled by the number of players coming through at the same time in the backrow, he was in the same U20s squad with Leavy, O'Donoghue, SOB2.0, Peader Timmins. And also VdF in the academy back at Leinster too.
He was a really good centre to be fair just didn't enjoy it but the academy wouldn't let him switch so his only option was to drop out and go to mitre 10 as a back row
31-05-2019, 15:08   #26
stellenbosch

Quote:
There were talks with Irish teams apparently but don't know what happened with them, possibly they went nowhere or Panasonic offered more money which wouldn't surprise me.
Was with Ulster on trial in April but got nothing
31-05-2019, 15:10   #27
stellenbosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas44 View Post
Is hogan still there or was he final year this year?
Final year but understand still playing for Trinity next year
07-06-2019, 02:39   #28
The Lost Sheep

Connacht league fixtures up now
25/8
Corinthians v Wegians, Sligo v Ballina
1/9
Ballina v Corinthians, Sligo v Buccs
8/9
Ballina v Wegians, Buccs v Corinthians
14/9
Corinthians v Sligo, Wegians v Buccs
07-06-2019, 09:49   #29
thomond2006

You know you're committed when you're posting Connacht league fixtures at 2:39am.
Thanks from:
07-06-2019, 09:58   #30
The Lost Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomond2006 View Post
You know you're committed when you're posting Connacht league fixtures at 2:39am.
I've only 6 posts in this thread so far. Previous seasons seen me with 20/29 posts in ail thread.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion