Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-05-2019, 23:08   #31
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venjur View Post
Rob Kearney was pretty good in November, he was terrific last year against Saracens in the game I like to call "Rob Kearney makes Owen Farrell's kicking game look predictable". He would be a huge loss to Leinster, he is incredible underrated.
I am a massive massive fan of Rob, he is an incredible player but Leinster need to transition a few players post WC, Rob and Seanie I think will be gone

McFadden and D Kearney will stay I hope, D Kearney is only 29 with very little miles on clock so could play next 4 years at least
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-05-2019, 23:12   #32
Larbre34

Tomane isn't near good enough to be retained.
Thanks from:
09-05-2019, 23:15   #33
troyzer

Send a message via MSN to troyzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larbre34 View Post
Here we go.
09-05-2019, 23:19   #34
Shefwedfan

Quote:
It didn’t take long for the Tomane bashing to start on this new thread...where’s Richie?
10-05-2019, 02:04   #35
Larbre34

I'm not bashing him for the sake of it. ShefWed suggests he sees him in a more prominent role on the wing next season, I disagree with that for a few reasons, among which are the scarcity of good performances where he doesn't go missing. I think he's an overly expensive second stringer.

Ever notice whenever the selection conundrum around Fardy, Lowe and JGP comes up, Tomane isn't within an asses roar of that discussion? Thats hardly the player who is likely to have an increased profile next year, and definitely not out of position.
Advertisement
10-05-2019, 02:17   #36
Neil3030

Send a message via ICQ to Neil3030
Quote:
I'm not bashing him for the sake of it. ShefWed suggests he sees him in a more prominent role on the wing next season, I disagree with that for a few reasons, among which are the scarcity of good performances where he doesn't go missing. I think he's an overly expensive second stringer.

Ever notice whenever the selection conundrum around Fardy, Lowe and JGP comes up, Tomane isn't within an asses roar of that discussion? Thats hardly the player who is likely to have an increased profile next year, and definitely not out of position.
He's exempt from that ruling.
10-05-2019, 06:31   #37
Shefwedfan

Quote:

It’s his first season with Leinster and got hit with a few injuries, he will be well settled next year with something to prove....he is a class player

Maybe if some sections of the fans would get off his back
(4) thanks from:
10-05-2019, 07:38   #38
stephen_n

Quote:

If you took your xenophobic specs off for a minute, you’d realize that’s because he isn’t affected by that. But don’t let facts get in the way of your bias.
10-05-2019, 07:39   #39
sydthebeat
Subscriber

Quote:

Lots wrong here.

Why do you think he's that expensive?
Tomane is the one who pushed for the move.

And as said, he didn't fall into the foreigner rule. Anyway that wont be an issue in the new season.
Advertisement
10-05-2019, 07:49   #40
Exclamation Marc

Lots of Leinster tops in Dublin Airport.

COYBIB!
10-05-2019, 07:52   #41
Uriel.

I think Tomane will have a bigger role next year and I think he has a lot of potential for us. I don't agree with the level of animosity that's been shown towards him by some sections of supporters.

But lads, if you calmed down a second and thought a little outside the box, I'd suspect you might find that one angle that Larbre34 may have been taking re the kolpak issue is that we haven't ever heard a strong discussion on starting fardy and JGP because we won't miss Lowe as much because larmour is on great form and Tomane is tearing it up on the other wing. I strongly suspect that's the angle the poster was taking. I mean, he even mentioned in his post the 3 players that are subject to the "selection conundrum"
10-05-2019, 07:56   #42
Synode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclamation Marc View Post
Lots of Leinster tops in Dublin Airport.

COYBIB!
Same on the boat...
(2) thanks from:
10-05-2019, 08:00   #43
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriel. View Post
I think Tomane will have a bigger role next year and I think he has a lot of potential for us. I don't agree with the level of animosity that's been shown towards him by some sections of supporters.

But lads, if you calmed down a second and thought a little outside the box, I'd suspect you might find that one angle that Larbre34 may have been taking re the kolpak issue is that we haven't ever heard a strong discussion on starting fardy and JGP because we won't miss Lowe as much because larmour is on great form and Tomane is tearing it up on the other wing. I strongly suspect that's the angle the poster was taking. I mean, he even mentioned in his post the 3 players that are subject to the "selection conundrum"

See below comments from Larbre34.....they give me a fairly clear idea of what "angle" he/she is taking on this.....

Lets just say I disagree in polite response

Quote:
Quote:
I think he's an overly expensive second stringer.
Quote:
Tomane isn't within an asses roar of that discussion?

Last edited by Shefwedfan; 10-05-2019 at 08:03.
10-05-2019, 08:14   #44
sydthebeat
Subscriber

We've played tomane predominately in the center, plus he spent a HUGE portion of the season injured.

That's why he isn't in the discussion when deciding between a flanker, sh and wing.
10-05-2019, 09:24   #45
prawnsambo

Is Tomane not outside the Kolpak rule? He was born in NZ.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion