Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-05-2019, 12:34   #61
mfceiling

Is the bear in captivity or the wild?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-05-2019, 12:36   #62
Utah_Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by molloyjh View Post
Anyway, Ulster thread and all that jazz...who would win in a fight? Iain Henderson or a polar bear?
Who'd you rather fight..........100 duck sized Henderson's or 1 Henderson sized duck?
Thanks from:
01-05-2019, 12:46   #63
Squidgy Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Saint View Post
Who'd you rather fight..........100 duck sized Henderson's or 1 Henderson sized duck?
Or more appropriately, 100 Rob Lyttle-sized Hendersons, or 1 Henderson-sized Rob Lyttle?
01-05-2019, 12:55   #64
Paul Smeenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy Black View Post
Or more appropriately, 100 Rob Lyttle-sized Hendersons, or 1 Henderson-sized Rob Lyttle?
Erm... 1 Henderson-sized Lyttle. I'd rather that than 1 Lyttle-sized Hendo, who'd still be an astonishing freak and able to break you using just his forefingers.

More pertinently, could we just spray a red hand logo in the polar bear and put him in second row with Hendo?
Thanks from:
01-05-2019, 13:18   #65
Sinbad_NI

Quote:
All that aside, it is ridiculous to say that headbutts are in character for him...
But he did the headbutt. So it is absolutely 100% in his character.
No one held his head and moved it. It was his brain doing the moving,
in the heat of the battle yes, but when the pressure comes on that's when the true character of a person comes out.

I feel that's a totally different character trait than a poor technique for a high tackle or badly timed impact.
Apples and oranges for me.
Advertisement
01-05-2019, 13:19   #66
Utah_Saint

Lyttle has that farmer strength...bit like the Rea's...

Hopefully lyttle can kick on next year injury free. If he does he would be an outside bet to make the extended 6N squad.
01-05-2019, 13:46   #67
bilston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Saint View Post
Lyttle has that farmer strength...bit like the Rea's...

Hopefully lyttle can kick on next year injury free. If he does he would be an outside bet to make the extended 6N squad.
I would agree with this. I think Lyttle has a real chance of getting higher recognition if he stays fit. Whether that's next season or not remains to be seen. Personally I think he is ahead of Balacoune (who is a year younger and less experienced in fairness). In fact I'd say Gilroy will do well to take Lyttle's spot in the team next season.

Thinking in Ireland terms you have Stockdale, Larmour, Earls, Conway and possibly Lowe (I'm assuming Kearney will drop out after the WC), Adam Byrne is improving all the time as well, but Lyttle could be there or thereabouts.
01-05-2019, 13:49   #68
bilston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy Black View Post
or 1 Henderson-sized Rob Lyttle?
That's a good description of Jacob Stockdale
01-05-2019, 14:02   #69
molloyjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad_NI View Post
Quote:
All that aside, it is ridiculous to say that headbutts are in character for him...
But he did the headbutt. So it is absolutely 100% in his character.
No one held his head and moved it. It was his brain doing the moving,
in the heat of the battle yes, but when the pressure comes on that's when the true character of a person comes out.

I feel that's a totally different character trait than a poor technique for a high tackle or badly timed impact.
Apples and oranges for me.
The phrase "in character" would mean normal or expected behavior for that person. It was not normal nor expected behaviour for Ferg, therefore it would be deemed out of character.

I don't disagree with you on the incident in question, how bad it was and how deserving of punishment it is. I disagree that it is something that has been a feature of his career to date. He did something like this in 2016 vs Connacht but that's the only other example of this kind of thing from him. In over 200 professional appearances. Anyway, as already said, this is the Ulster thread.
Advertisement
01-05-2019, 19:56   #70
Bazzo

Just fwiw as a couple people have mentioned it I think it's very much eh "divided opinion" on whether McFadden's stamp in 2016 was "simply careless". He got an at the time mid range ban for it having hit White's head 3 times in a row.
01-05-2019, 20:33   #71

ah he isn't the brightest tool in the box is he ? head strap is needed to hold the brain in , doesn't work alot though, a jockstrap might work better
01-05-2019, 21:09   #72
Jump_In_Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilston View Post
I would agree with this. I think Lyttle has a real chance of getting higher recognition if he stays fit. Whether that's next season or not remains to be seen. Personally I think he is ahead of Balacoune (who is a year younger and less experienced in fairness). In fact I'd say Gilroy will do well to take Lyttle's spot in the team next season.

Thinking in Ireland terms you have Stockdale, Larmour, Earls, Conway and possibly Lowe (I'm assuming Kearney will drop out after the WC), Adam Byrne is improving all the time as well, but Lyttle could be there or thereabouts.
Why adding in Lowe? He’s only here 18 months so far?
01-05-2019, 22:34   #73
bilston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump_In_Jack View Post
Why adding in Lowe? He’s only here 18 months so far?
He will qualify in September 2020 I think. So ok, not next season, but the season after.
02-05-2019, 07:02   #74
Jump_In_Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilston View Post
He will qualify in September 2020 I think. So ok, not next season, but the season after.
November 2020, he arrived late last season.
02-05-2019, 09:02   #75
Sinbad_NI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzo View Post
Just fwiw as a couple people have mentioned it I think it's very much eh "divided opinion" on whether McFadden's stamp in 2016 was "simply careless". He got an at the time mid range ban for it having hit White's head 3 times in a row.
That’s not pretty at all. Was that 2016? Downright dangerous TBH.

I’ll revise my sentiment. He’s a dirty player without any caveats.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion