Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-06-2019, 16:18   #1456
bruschi

Quote:
Originally Posted by castletownman View Post
If I remember correctly there was a bit of a row after a late hit on a Wexford player, and was given a red for his part in it.

Didn't pay too much attention to it though because as I said it was a meaningless game.
no, that happened earlier. He got a red card for an average enough wild pull on Cian Lynch. Ref may be technically right in the red at the time, but wouldnt have happened in championship. David Reidy for Limerick also got a ridiculously harsh red in that game from Colm Lyons.

He was stupid to get a red last week, should have known a draw was enough. But for his suspension to be doubled as a result of a red card in a glorified challenge game last November that only 3 other counties participated in is ridiculous.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-06-2019, 16:22   #1457
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschi View Post
no, that happened earlier. He got a red card for an average enough wild pull on Cian Lynch. Ref may be technically right in the red at the time, but wouldnt have happened in championship. David Reidy for Limerick also got a ridiculously harsh red in that game from Colm Lyons.

He was stupid to get a red last week, should have known a draw was enough. But for his suspension to be doubled as a result of a red card in a glorified challenge game last November that only 3 other counties participated in is ridiculous.
This is irrelevant to be honest, even if the draw had eliminated Wexford his actions were deserving of a Red card and a ban.
Thanks from:
26-06-2019, 16:31   #1458
bruschi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue eile View Post
This is irrelevant to be honest, even if the draw had eliminated Wexford his actions were deserving of a Red card and a ban.
you seem to have a particular bug bear over this. No one has said he shouldnt get a ban. I pointed out that he was stupid in the incident to be anywhere near the ref. Any abuse of the ref, particularly after a game, is fully deserving of a ban. Having the suspension doubled solely because of a glorified challenge game is the point being made here.
26-06-2019, 16:39   #1459
Pogue eile

Quote:
you seem to have a particular bug bear over this. No one has said he shouldnt get a ban. I pointed out that he was stupid in the incident to be anywhere near the ref. Any abuse of the ref, particularly after a game, is fully deserving of a ban. Having the suspension doubled solely because of a glorified challenge game is the point being made here.
No bugbear at all over it, I just deplore any abuse of officials.

I think the Super 11s are a bit of a joke to be honest a gimmick if you will, but it is an official GAA competition, something that the players and counties were fully aware of, and the rules are very clear on it. If people think that's unfair then I look forward to the motions at next years congress to that affect.

What would you say if Nolan had of seriously injured a player or heaven forbid a referee in Boston, should that be completley ignored because it was a less than serious competition.
26-06-2019, 16:44   #1460
bruschi

Quote:
No bugbear at all over it, I just deplore any abuse of officials.

I think the Super 11s are a bit of a joke to be honest a gimmick if you will, but it is an official GAA competition, something that the players and counties were fully aware of, and the rules are very clear on it. If people think that's unfair then I look forward to the motions at next years congress to that affect.

What would you say if Nolan had of seriously injured a player or heaven forbid a referee in Boston, should that be completley ignored because it was a less than serious competition.
he didnt though, a nonsense argument that has nothing at all to do with this.

And there are set rules for it if he did. Similar to getting sent off in club competitions not affecting county competitions unless its a serious incident that receives a large suspension.
Advertisement
27-06-2019, 08:54   #1461
Pogue eile

Quote:
he didnt though, a nonsense argument that has nothing at all to do with this.

And there are set rules for it if he did. Similar to getting sent off in club competitions not affecting county competitions unless its a serious incident that receives a large suspension.
Hey, now you get it!

I never said that I agreed with the rule, the original poster was saying it was bull**** and making out like it was a big injustice, while in reality it was simply applying the rules in place.
27-06-2019, 14:19   #1462
PTH2009

Dont get everyone writing off Wexford for Sunday. As we knw Davy Is ultra competitive and would of learnt a lot from the group game and this could possibly be his last chance at a Leisnter final. Take TJ Reid out of the game and Kilkenny can be average
27-06-2019, 14:31   #1463
threeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTH2009 View Post
Dont get everyone writing off Wexford for Sunday. As we knw Davy Is ultra competitive and would of learnt a lot from the group game and this could possibly be his last chance at a Leisnter final. Take TJ Reid out of the game and Kilkenny can be average
I agree, this is wexfords All Ireland. I think they know themselves that winning the All Ireland is unrealistic but a Leinster would be big for them. Especially with this round robin format.
(4) thanks from:
27-06-2019, 14:37   #1464
jr86

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeball View Post
I agree, this is wexfords All Ireland. I think they know themselves that winning the All Ireland is unrealistic but a Leinster would be big for them. Especially with this round robin format.
Will be their first Leinster title since 2004 too?

In fairness leinster looked dead and buried as a province in the mid-late 00s but its really been rejuvinated with the addition of Galway, KKs decline and Dublin's emergence

There'll be some scenes if Wexford win Sunday. Will probably add to the case against scrapping provinces as they are
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-06-2019, 14:43   #1465
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTH2009 View Post
Are they? Who's everybody?
27-06-2019, 14:44   #1466
RMAOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86 View Post
Will be their first Leinster title since 2004 too?
Correct - Kilkenny won 2005 - 2011, Galway won 2012, Dublin won 2013 Kilkenny won 14, 15 and 16 while galway won 17 and 18
27-06-2019, 16:30   #1467
C__MC

Will be wexfords first since 04 when they beat offaly, they took out kk in the semi that year with a last minute goal. If you think Davy is compedative, watch Cody's reaction when wexford score the winning goal in 2004. Sums up the man.

The general thinking seems to be kk players have more improvement from the last day and that tactically they now have wexford with Walsh sweeping and short passing. And also TJ wont be as bad again.

I think Davy will pull a fast one for this game, what I dont know. Wexfords running game is causing kk all sorts of problems as well. I don't know why but I really do think wexfords forwards can turn this game on its head if they click. Kk forwards to me are still so unpredictable bar TJ, I'm not convinced. Both teams will be confident but I'm tipping wexford to win
27-06-2019, 18:27   #1468
Rasputin11

Quote:
Are they? Who's everybody?
Standard underdog pre match stuff!! As old as the GAA itself.
28-06-2019, 10:14   #1469
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin11 View Post
Standard underdog pre match stuff!! As old as the GAA itself.
But the poster in question is from Waterford if Im not mistaken. Bookies have them very slight underdog, 2 point is the handicap spread which is a fair reflection I would think. Most press I have read or listened to are buidling it up as a real 50/50 battle.
28-06-2019, 13:20   #1470
bruschi

Quote:
But the poster in question is from Waterford if Im not mistaken. Bookies have them very slight underdog, 2 point is the handicap spread which is a fair reflection I would think. Most press I have read or listened to are buidling it up as a real 50/50 battle.
I dont think anyone is writing off Wexford. I'm from Wexford and had money on them to win Leinster since before the championship started. I dont expect to beat Kilkenny, however I would be disappointed to lose. I think they have the ability and form to be able to win, whether they produce it on the day is another thing. But it will be certainly more competitive than the last time we played them in a Leinster final when we were turning up to get hammered out the gate (last one being 11 years ago losing by 19 points)
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion