Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-08-2019, 21:47   #5326
gmurphy70

Quote:
Originally Posted by D9Male View Post
Dub here. Completely neutral.

I don't understand the discourse four days after the final.

Tipperary suffered at the hands of questionable refereeing v Wexford. Their reaction was to shrug off the fact they were down to 14 men and to win in style.

Kilkenny down to 14 men? Collapse for 45 minutes, whinge for the guts of a week! And it was a red all day long!
There was plenty of questionable refereeing decisions on both Tipp and Wex in the semi final? Would Tipp of won if the ref had to send off Tipps corner back for punching Dee O Keeffe? One of Tipps goals should of stood but Conor McDonald also had a stone wall penalty and not to mention blatant frees that never came..
Advertisement
23-08-2019, 21:51   #5327
Bonniedog

To change the subject, if I may!

Seems there is a big meet of Galway hurlers tonight in aftermath of Donoghue's "jump or be pushed" resignation.

Be interesting to see what emerges, and who might get it.

Has to be internal. Wonder would Kenny be asked? Although he seems to have a lot of enemies down there!
23-08-2019, 21:57   #5328
seligehgit

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniedog View Post
To change the subject, if I may!

Seems there is a big meet of Galway hurlers tonight in aftermath of Donoghue's "jump or be pushed" resignation.

Be interesting to see what emerges, and who might get it.

Has to be internal. Wonder would Kenny be asked? Although he seems to have a lot of enemies down there!
Mentioned on the six one news that he's staying with the Dublin hurlers.
Thanks from:
23-08-2019, 21:59   #5329
Bonniedog

Oh well ...
23-08-2019, 22:23   #5330
adrian522

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kew_Tour View Post
That’s not even sticking boot in. It’s just facts hurt ye now that it’s gone other way. Get over it. Plenty of counties were told same when happened to them and us.
Facts? A rare currency around these parts.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-08-2019, 23:19   #5331
threeball

Quote:
Oh well ...
You want him gone?
23-08-2019, 23:34   #5332
Bonniedog

Was being half facetious. Don't think it will make any difference who manages certain prima donnas.

Would have been on the Daly/Cunningham ticket myself, so not an anti Galway thing!
24-08-2019, 02:05   #5333
windy shepard henderson

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Was being half facetious. Don't think it will make any difference who manages certain prima donnas.

Would have been on the Daly/Cunningham ticket myself, so not an anti Galway thing!
daly has told lads here in clare that he is almost wasting his time going for the clare job this year ,because of one or two members in the county board don't want him

i imagine he could very well throw his hat into the ring for the galway job , galway have loads of really good coaches in fairness so opposition would be stiff

personally i think daly would love another stint at the dublin job if kenny did move back to galway , and would be his preferred choice
24-08-2019, 09:51   #5334
Bonniedog

Cunningham was big loss to Dublin. Gilroy got a lot of credit for pulling them together but for me it was Cunningham's coaching and bringing them up to the aggression and pace required that was beginning to pay dividends.

Himself and Kenny obviously don't gel so that was a non starter.

Daly was brilliant when he was here. Brought a real buzz and passion to it, but have to say there is still a bit of a hangover with some players who were there when he left thinking they are bigger than the team, and that lack of bonding for the want of a better word and an element of complacency led to the disaster in Portlaoise.

Holed beneath the water line now.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion