Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respawn Jedi Fallen Order

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I really want a third person game

I'm sure there's a battlefront 3 in the near future ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Am I missing something? This IS third person.

And I'll eat my digital hat if wall running isn't one of your skills in this.

lol i dont know why i read it as first person :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liam128

If they were inspired by the Jedi Academy, it would be a good game. They know how to make good games, the main thing is that their marketing worked correctly, and not as usual :)

Am I missing something? This IS third person.

And I'll eat my digital hat if wall running isn't one of your skills in this.

Ah good to know. I was expecting a third person game.

• Advertisement

Just a month or so until we see some gameplay at EA Play event, which starts 7th June. They'll be at E3 the following week too.

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/1124736174390571008

EA Play livestream is on Saturday week, starting 17:30 our time (according to this, which I found here). Fallen Order is first up, supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

"Star" players does not equal good, whoever is playing is terrible.

Looks decent needs work on the graphics some clearly low res textures.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AI looks pretty bad, maybe that's just for the stream though.

Looks grand but definitely be waiting until it's less than a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Can't say that game play demo did much for me. Looked really boring. Force pulling the stormtrooper into his own slow-mo bullet looked good though.

Looks fairly generic, a reskin of countless other games before it :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks utterly boilerplate. Given the poverty of mainstream SW game titles that now exist thanks to that EA deal, I suppose boilerplate is as good as one gets in AAA land. By now I should disabuse myself of the belief there'll ever be another X Wing series, or something fresh from a non conventional genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Prefer the one screenshot of Amy Hennig's cancelled game than that entire trailer, looks like Force Unleashed.

Not a patch on this

Yep, "generic" is the mot juste. Disappointing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Games Workshop take the complete opposite approach to licensing, basically giving out the Warhammer license like confetti? Seems like there are a tonne more games, and shovelware, but equally many more genres and variations of their IPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It just looks like a remaster of the old force unleashed games , dissapointed really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It's an interesting trailer all things considered and particularly not what I'd have expected from an initial reveal at E3 for an EA game either. It's very...deliberate in that it appears to have been designed to show off how the game actually plays moment to moment from environmental navigation to combat, something that a lot of folk have been asking about for a long time.

Unfortunately the pacing is really strange, the AI has been quite clearly tuned down to allow them to show off each of the mechanics clearly but the net result is, as some have said above, kinda boring looking? There's a lot of neat tech on display but it was never really exciting.

As an aside, the 1313 comparisons really aren't valid. The game as shown at E3 didn't really exist in the sense that it never went into full production and mainly consisted of lots of gameplay mechanic testing, level white-boxing and that trailer. Regardless, it was about to be retooled into a game featuring a Boba Fett anyway after one of Lucas' many whims. There's a chapter on it in Blood, Sweat, and Pixels which features interviews with a bunch of folk who worked on it, makes for some intriguing if depressing reading. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

It looks fine just......bland.

Kyle Katarn would be unimpressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Very meh. Out within a week of Death stranding. Not a hard choice if you're to make one of them a day one purchase...

There was an unreleased extended presentation for people at the show, with more details emerging. The main points seem to be;
    • There are vehicle sections (well, one at least)
    • Force abilities can be combined/used in imaginative ways
    • The combat has been compared to Sekiro by numerous outlets
    • You can revisit areas later, possibly to open previously inaccessible parts (with help from an upgraded BD-1)
    • Skill points can only be spent in specific areas
    • The Wookies look terrible!

Seems this extended presentation was more favourable than the footage they released, so they might reveal more in the next few days. Still, all rather underwhelming for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,753 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Very meh. Out within a week of Death stranding. Not a hard choice if you're to make one of them a day one purchase...

I bet this will outsell Death Stranding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Looks pretty good, looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote:
    I bet this will outsell Death Stranding.

I think that'll be down more to the Star Wars licence as much as quality. Even the rubbish Battlefront games sold reasonably well considering their blatant faults.
    It looked like a below average game made from the skeleton of other people's work. Very unlike Respawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

it seems good from what i seen, like i cant complain considering all we got so far are ****ty fps game's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Oh my the official trailer is class, the game looks amazing and looks like there is a decent story to be told.

Very excited now, especially after seeing yerman from the rogue one film in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

There was an unreleased extended presentation for people at the show, with more details emerging. The main points seem to be;
    • There are vehicle sections (well, one at least)
    • Force abilities can be combined/used in imaginative ways
    • The combat has been compared to Sekiro by numerous outlets
    • You can revisit areas later, possibly to open previously inaccessible parts (with help from an upgraded BD-1)
    • Skill points can only be spent in specific areas
    • The Wookies look terrible!

Seems this extended presentation was more favourable than the footage they released, so they might reveal more in the next few days. Still, all rather underwhelming for now.

The wookies really do look absolutely awful. Otherwise, looks reasonably good fun but hardly novel or groundbreakinh. Possibly a bit linear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The choice of footage for the trailer is even more baffling once you consider the piece below from GameInformer which features quotes from Game Director, Stig Asmussen and Lead Combat Designer, Jason de Heras.

The Metroid And Dark Souls Inspirations Of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

From The Giant Beastcast podcast (starts around the 17:00 mark) it also appears you have a ship and crew which allow you to travel to different planets and tackle them in any order you wish.

If anything it's beginning to sound like an interplanetary Arkam Asylum then a straight up Uncharted-esque linear adventure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement