Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

AMKC wrote: »
    . Hope Colm Meaney gets a chance to appear in it too. Maybe he has his own ship now or is chief engineer on one.

Awwwwww jaaaaysiiiiis Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seems like the perfect song to celebrate it. Not the song I was looking for but it will have to do.

https://youtu.be/Qk2KQRTr3Ww

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

emo72 wrote: »
    Awwwwww jaaaaysiiiiis Christ!

Awe Why not. The man was a legend on DS9. Not easy to keep that station running you know as well as all the runabouts and then the Defiant as well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

AMKC wrote: »
    Only seen this now. What can I say I was busy. I think Patrick Stewart would not do this unless he thinks it is good and has potential. I doubt he is stuck for a few dollars. I think he must be at least an admiral by now.

I think it could be interesting and hopefully good. Hope Colm Meaney gets a chance to appear in it too. Maybe he has his own ship now or is chief engineer on one.

He took a job in Starfleet Academy at end of DS9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

IvySlayer wrote: »
    As long as he outranks Janeway I don't care

Wasn't she an admiral in some future version of herself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Wasn't she an admiral in some future version of herself?

Yes, in Nemesis I think?

I’m so excited about the potential here. I’m the same age as TNG so grew up watching Picard. I really think this will be something special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yes, in Nemesis I think?

I’m so excited about the potential here. I’m the same age as TNG so grew up watching Picard. I really think this will be something special.

I was thinking of the last episode of voyager

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I was thinking of the last episode of voyager

Well yes, but she changed that timeline didn’t she!

I remember her talking to Picard on sub-space as Admiral Janeway (just checked and it’s deffo in Nemesis).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Retired, from an ambassadorial type role. Called out of retirement for some reason, encounters familiar faces along the way, but not an immediate return to the bridge of the Enterprise, if at all.

I think that will in essence cover it. And tbh, I'm fine with that. A last few intimate hours with Picard, wil quality writing, and quality acting...it's all they need.

However, who's to say it's Prime Picard, and not a Picard of a future JJ timeline?

• Advertisement

Or mirror Picard, rocking the goatee and short sleeves.

*shudder*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As great news as this is and all, I kinda wish they had waited until they were in a further stage of development to announce it. They don't even have a script yet, meaning this is at least 2-3 years away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Can’t wait for this ! Finally a show set after voyager and not a prequel! Discovery is fine , but this is great news.

Stewart is 78 no? He looks fantastic but, in all honesty, they would want to get a move on, before age finally catches up with the man. Can't imagine 10-15 hour day shoots were easy 30 years ago

Wonder if we'll get an Ian McKellan cameo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Curious to see what this will be. Excited, obviously, but mostly nervous.

What on Earth is the justification for giving Alex Kurtzman the keys to the Trek kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Stewart making the announcement –

^^ The man is just magnetic, it's impossible not to listen when he's speaking :o The important thing he's more or less advising in the above video is that it won't be business as usual, in terms of Picard being a Captain on the bridge of a Starship. The character will have been changed, given 20 years for him will have passed.

I've a feeling we'll see a tired, worn out Jean-Luc at first, apathetic towards the world around him after suffering some form of personal loss. However, someone will rekindle his fire and passion, and he will come out of hiding for one final adventure....not dissimilar to The Last Jedi I feel.

Or archaeologist Picard taking on the Iconian remnants.

Feck it, colour me interested.

His interest was majorly spiked by rumours of Tarantino. I wonder if he'll helm an episode or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Id say its the Starfleet Academy series with Professor Picard.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Id say its the Starfleet Academy series with Professor Picard.

I've always imagined Picard being less interested in teaching, and more like a Boothby type character pf the Academy

Inviere wrote: »
    I've always imagined Picard being less interested in teaching, and more like a Boothby type character pf the Academy

Picard, digging up flowers in Starfleet Academy discovers Iconian gateway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I joked about the vinyard, but given reading between the lines about Picard being a changed man from experience, it seems like the kind of place we might find him at the start. The Dominion War, loss of his family, friends like Data etc., and given it was where we found him at the start of "All Good Things..." anyway (even if it was an alt-future), maybe he retired to tend grapes, fate / old friends pulling him back into a mystery

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

This is exciting. I better hurry up with my rewatch because i dont remember the end

bluewolf wrote: »
    This is exciting. I better hurry up with my rewatch because i dont remember the end

You have plenty of time. Probably at least a year and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Woman screaming in that video ruins it , wonder will a few channels start running the show again or should I just binge watch over the next few months.

Woman screaming in that video ruins it , wonder will a few channels start running the show again or should I just binge watch over the next few months.

Need to rewatch TNG, the movies and Xmen. Cause, Its Patrick Stewart.

Although im not sitting through his Shakespeare.

I know he's meant to be French in the show, not sure that ever worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Really really looking forward to what they do with this. From the video he seems very hands on with the project which id hope means it'll be good.

Advertisement