Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-11-2019, 12:18   #1051
UrbanSprawl

Welsh duo Right hand left hand 'Zone Rouge' is out today and its a fascinating post rock masterpiece.

https://righthandlefthand.bandcamp.com/

Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-11-2019, 06:05   #1052
Shane St.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arghus View Post
I'm not feeling the new FKA Twigs. Think the songs are pretty ordinary underneath all the - admittedly quite interesting - studio jiggery pokerey. Cellophane is a good song and maybe Home With You as well but there isn't too much else blowing my mind on it.
fallen alien is brilliant
Thanks from:
18-11-2019, 09:09   #1053
sweetie

New Jape is getting good reviews, lot's of 'his best album so far' comments. Also the Careerist album 'Weird Hill' got plenty of listens since release last week, a snappy 30 min album with nods to Pavement...
18-11-2019, 10:08   #1054
Useful.Idiot

New Lankum is my AOTY so far I think. Vital modern Irish music.

Careerist's (fka Hot Cops) debut album is indeed great. Underrated Irish band from da nort.

Never listened to Jape back in the day but will definitely check out the new one.
Thanks from:
27-11-2019, 22:51   #1055
mosstin

Not exactly music released in the last 30 days but the new Grimes album (Feb 2020, I think) is fantastic.
Advertisement
28-11-2019, 23:44   #1056
Arghus

I'll hold on until the official release, but glad to hear something is happening.
04-12-2019, 10:45   #1057
UrbanSprawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useful.Idiot View Post
New Lankum is my AOTY so far I think. Vital modern Irish music.

Careerist's (fka Hot Cops) debut album is indeed great. Underrated Irish band from da nort.

Never listened to Jape back in the day but will definitely check out the new one.
Why the name change I wonder?
04-12-2019, 17:45   #1058
mosstin

Bob Stanley/Saint Etienne compilation called 'The Daisy Age' which includes rap and hip hop from the 90s is brilliant.

(4) thanks from:
27-12-2019, 20:50   #1059
fluke

The latest Jimmy Eat World album is pretty amazing.
Advertisement
10-01-2020, 11:09   #1060
Pighead
sucks at stalking

New David Keenan album out today. Bit of a buzz around it. Liking what I've heard so far. The Healing and Evidence of Living in particular are brilliant songs. Proving once again that Dundalk is home to some of the most talented people on planet earth.
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2020, 00:33   #1061
Arghus

Poppy has a new album out, I Disagree. I know it's hard to know what's real and what's fake with the whole Poppy thing and I can understand how people can hate everything to do with it/her/them? There's a lot I don't like myself - but I've always found one or two songs on previous albums that were genuinely great, so I'm prepared to put up with the stuff that doesn't work in order to get to interesting stuff.

This album is really nu-metally and a lot if can seem real insincere and just someone playing around, but when it works that mix of ultra aggressive guitars, abrasiveness and sugary pop feels damn good - and the songs have numerous little details and layers that make me want to listen again. At her best she sounds like a metallier Grimes - at her worst she sounds dumb and cheesy.

I kinda hate the first half of this song, the "edgy" vocals don't do it for me, but about a minute and a half in it starts to get messy in an interesting way, with little bits of noise between each blast of the music and the guitar solo that follows has this weird doubled up effect going on with some extra bass that I absolutely love.

This song I like from start to finish:

Last edited by Arghus; 11-01-2020 at 00:43.
12-01-2020, 22:18   #1062
its_steve116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pighead View Post
New David Keenan album out today. Bit of a buzz around it. Liking what I've heard so far. The Healing and Evidence of Living in particular are brilliant songs. Proving once again that Dundalk is home to some of the most talented people on planet earth.
He's actually from Knockbridge. But close enough!
17-01-2020, 15:58   #1063
NapoleonInRags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pighead View Post

Jesus I think it's awful muck. Could only get through 4 songs before the pain became too much.
Thanks from:
17-01-2020, 20:52   #1064
UrbanSprawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonInRags View Post
Jesus I think it's awful muck. Could only get through 4 songs before the pain became too much.
Thats 3.75 more than I heard,think he is aiming for the dermot kennedy type demographic.
17-01-2020, 22:31   #1065
Arghus

Kiwi Jr. are a band. They have an album Football Money. On the first listen they sound like Pavement, meets The Strokes meets bits of The Velvet Underground. Nothing groundbreaking here, but the songs are nice and they have a bit more personality once you get to know them.

(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion