Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-11-2010, 08:29   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJO THE MISER View Post
Bascially i had a bet on the total amount of points on all N.B.A matches on November 25th, now most matches take place from 00:05 to 04:30 but on this ocasion there was a match on there website which they said would start on 22:00 on November 25th.
I was surpised by this so i got onto customer serivce and they told me this match was included on the bet.
My bet was settled yesterday as a loser but the other match had not even started, it turns out this match was not to be played at 22:00 on November 25th but on 25th Dec, it was stated up until 21:00 last night that it was on at 22:00 November 25th but of course they released that a trader put in the wrong date after i rang them.
So a trader screws up putting in the wrong date and im meant to pay for the mistake, i would of won the bet if that match was on because all i needed was 3 more points to win the bet, the only reason i placed the bet was because i was betting on 12 teams not 11
Customer service deny that the wrong date was entered and say im wrong but they have a record of the live chat where they say the 22:00 match was included.
Im thinking of ringing a newspaper but which one?
Also im getting onto IBAS and i will not let this rest

Annoying but i suspect they have something in their general rules stating that all times are for reference sake and the company is not responsible if they are wrong. Basically they will say it was up to you to independantly check the number of games on that night.

Not one you will win at IBAS.
Advertisement
27-11-2010, 13:51   #62
ceadaoin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJO THE MISER View Post
Bascially i had a bet on the total amount of points on all N.B.A matches on November 25th, now most matches take place from 00:05 to 04:30 but on this ocasion there was a match on there website which they said would start on 22:00 on November 25th.
I was surpised by this so i got onto customer serivce and they told me this match was included on the bet.
My bet was settled yesterday as a loser but the other match had not even started, it turns out this match was not to be played at 22:00 on November 25th but on 25th Dec, it was stated up until 21:00 last night that it was on at 22:00 November 25th but of course they released that a trader put in the wrong date after i rang them.
So a trader screws up putting in the wrong date and im meant to pay for the mistake, i would of won the bet if that match was on because all i needed was 3 more points to win the bet, the only reason i placed the bet was because i was betting on 12 teams not 11
Customer service deny that the wrong date was entered and say im wrong but they have a record of the live chat where they say the 22:00 match was included.
Im thinking of ringing a newspaper but which one?
Also im getting onto IBAS and i will not let this rest
You won't win this one with IBAS I don't think. All bookies have in the rules that they don't accept responsibility for any errors. It's up to you to know what you are betting on. Schedules can easily be checked on NBA.com etc.

Can I ask which bookies this was? There is one that has had that Chistmas Day match priced up since the beginning of the season but it has always stated clearly on the site that this match is in December

Edit: I see it was Ladbrokes from the title of your post. I've noticed that game before, it's definitely been showing as the 25th December. There is also one for the 2nd December too

Last edited by ceadaoin.; 27-11-2010 at 14:23.
03-01-2011, 15:07   #63

Paddy Power are some rip off. Right now on Betfair a horse is 8/11 and PP have it at 4/9,that's some difference.
17-01-2011, 19:03   #64
Trampas

Sky Bet

This probably more consumer issue/rant but I am going to stick it here cause it is to do with gambling.

I won £92.25 from sky in their super 6 sunday special.

I checked my sky bet account and only credited by €92.25.

So was in contact with support who say I get paid in the currency I have my sky bet account in.

I read the terms and conditions of super 6 and there is nothing in it that you get paid in your currency.

I asked where in the T&C does it state that prices are paid in the local currency and they couldn't find it either.

http://super6.skysports.com/article/...and_conditions

I know it isn't much money but it is the principal.

They said they would contact marketing about the issue.

Some might think I am a moany/ungrateful person but just thought people should know what sky bet are like when you win a prize in sterling when you have a euro account.

rant over

will update when i get feedback from sky
17-01-2011, 21:12   #65

Sky can be some rip off. Point out to them that if you want to buy a tv station on Sky for 1 pound a month extra they charge 2 euro. I hate when they rip you off both ways.
Advertisement
19-01-2011, 11:15   #66
grahammck

what do you guys think of this one:

i place a bet using my iphone PP app. I went to "soccer specials" "premier league draws" and chose more than 5 draws - 175/1.

there was 1 draw on saturday and 4 draws on sunday.

PP are saying that the bet only applied to saturday games and that this was stated on the website. However, they added that the terms and conditions did not appear on the iphone app due to space restrictions....

they have refunded my stake.....
19-01-2011, 14:48   #67
Healio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
This probably more consumer issue/rant but I am going to stick it here cause it is to do with gambling.

I won £92.25 from sky in their super 6 sunday special.

I checked my sky bet account and only credited by €92.25.

So was in contact with support who say I get paid in the currency I have my sky bet account in.

I read the terms and conditions of super 6 and there is nothing in it that you get paid in your currency.

I asked where in the T&C does it state that prices are paid in the local currency and they couldn't find it either.

http://super6.skysports.com/article/...and_conditions

I know it isn't much money but it is the principal.

They said they would contact marketing about the issue.

Some might think I am a moany/ungrateful person but just thought people should know what sky bet are like when you win a prize in sterling when you have a euro account.

rant over

will update when i get feedback from sky
They convert your euro to sterling, and back to euro in their poker, you may want to point this out to them
19-01-2011, 17:36   #68
thesandeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahammck View Post
what do you guys think of this one:

i place a bet using my iphone PP app. I went to "soccer specials" "premier league draws" and chose more than 5 draws - 175/1.

there was 1 draw on saturday and 4 draws on sunday.

PP are saying that the bet only applied to saturday games and that this was stated on the website. However, they added that the terms and conditions did not appear on the iphone app due to space restrictions....

they have refunded my stake.....
Push them on it and they will probably give you a free bet of some sort.
19-01-2011, 17:50   #69
EI111

Quote:
Originally Posted by greetings View Post
Paddy Power are some rip off. Right now on Betfair a horse is 8/11 and PP have it at 4/9,that's some difference.
It's quite a difference but it is in no way a rip off- they are offering you a price, don't take it. That's how bookmakers work, it is completely fine in my eyes
Advertisement
19-01-2011, 18:10   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by EI111 View Post
It's quite a difference but it is in no way a rip off- they are offering you a price, don't take it. That's how bookmakers work, it is completely fine in my eyes
Sorry I should have mentioned,other firms were 4/7,some 8/13. Nor did I bet on it.
Thanks from:
19-01-2011, 20:35   #71
Trampas

Update on my post.

I managed to get all the money I was owed.

Even had a disagreement on exchange rate. I asked where are your exchange rates published and she said they are not.

I asked what is the rate she said £1 = €1.1277. So I asked what is the rate for €1 into £ and the answer I got back was the same

So if you know anyone who wins on sky super 6 and in eurozone to check your prize. Then again I expect them to update their T&C
Thanks from:
19-01-2011, 20:40   #72

Good to see you got sorted Trampas
25-01-2011, 15:15   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSea View Post
They are worse for football especially yellow and red card markets and players to score in the 90mins. Take for instance Bale at the w/e (played left back) powers left him at 11/5 to score anytime Betfair had him at 5/1. thats shocking really....
25-01-2011, 20:57   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Pearl View Post
They are worse for football especially yellow and red card markets and players to score in the 90mins. Take for instance Bale at the w/e (played left back) powers left him at 11/5 to score anytime Betfair had him at 5/1. thats shocking really....
Quite a difference alright.
27-01-2011, 15:07   #75

Does online one problem with this thread. Punters by their nature love to complain so it's hard to distinguish whether complaints on here aren't just bad loser-itis!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion