Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-08-2014, 18:28   #856
Oldtree
Banned

Still being asked out here in the west when it is discovered that I'm a vegi:

1. Do you eat fish and chicken? ..... no
2. So what do you eat then? .... food

(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-10-2015, 21:10   #857
Plantracja

Hi everyone!
Seems that it is a bit quiet in this topic now but I am going to introduce myself anyway
My name is Natalia and I live in Dublin (since 2010). I am an English teacher and I worked as and edu-carer here in Ireland yet I am currently working as a chef in a creche I have been vegetarian for years yet I've decided to go vegan since the beginning of 2015 and I am doing pretty well! As I have a sweet tooth and I used to love milk chocolate, creams and all dairy based sweets it was quite hard for me to become satisfied so... I started experimenting. I truly love the way you can substitute non-vegan ingredients with plant based ones and be so happy with the effects! I have a kind of personal blog on facebook called Plantracja /Domowe Nie Tuczy where I happily share all my recipes for vegan treats and truly yummy plant based smoothies (you are more than welcome to check it out as the main language is English).
I also have a hamster called Sampel and I love him to bits
(3) thanks from:
23-10-2015, 21:29   #858
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

Welcome to boards Natalia, I was vegetarian many years myself before coming vegan nearly two years ago, I love it. The smoothies look great!
23-10-2015, 21:36   #859
Plantracja

Thanks a lot! It's much more demanding but much more rewarding at the same time I love animals and being vegetarian doesn't seem to be good enough... what was your reason to 'upgrade'?
24-10-2015, 15:54   #860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantracja View Post
Thanks a lot! It's much more demanding but much more rewarding at the same time I love animals and being vegetarian doesn't seem to be good enough... what was your reason to 'upgrade'?
Hello Plantracja!

Welcome to boards, the place might seem quite but there are a lot of us lurking around.
Advertisement
27-10-2015, 16:32   #861
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantracja View Post
Same really, more animals die from the egg industry than for most of the meat industries. Example for the US:

Same reasoning for dairy, they are killed after they are useful like laying chickens and I don't agree with it. Took a long time to get to it but being vegan is easy and I like it. Also harder to eat unhealthy food so i like that, although I still manage!
Thanks from:
29-10-2015, 20:43   #862
Plantracja

The numbers are scary, aren't they? Since I became vegan I question so many things... however, I find it easier to keep going and stick to my vegan diet than look up into all movies and adverts against meat, dairy, egg etc. industry. The images are quite disturbing and there was a time that I had kind of a breakdown because of it - it's hard to keep smiling (even if you are vegan so you are not putting your finger on it) when you exactly know what's going on... (my second thoughts for today )
06-05-2019, 10:45   #863
deaglan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtree View Post
Still being asked out here in the west when it is discovered that I'm a vegi:

1. Do you eat fish and chicken? ..... no
2. So what do you eat then? .... food

The West offers wonderful vegan fare - much better in many cases than some of the eateries I have visited in Dublin. Open your eyes and do a little research. Glib comments are the preserve of the narrow minded.
15-05-2019, 15:49   #864
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaglan1 View Post
The West offers wonderful vegan fare - much better in many cases than some of the eateries I have visited in Dublin. Open your eyes and do a little research. Glib comments are the preserve of the narrow minded.
Their post was made 5 years ago, things were quite different then!
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion