Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-11-2019, 13:11   #5956
Ann22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graces7 View Post
Premonitions .. The week before we went on holiday where my brother died in an accident I was terrified that something terrible was going to happen. And again the morning he drowned.

When I finally told my mother I got blamed for his death but as I know, no-one would have heeded me.
Jesus! That's terrible! You poor thing! My friend's son was killed after sneaking out one night to meet his mates and her daughter saw him leave and was in two minds to tell him to come back but she didn't. Her mother never blamed her. The poor girl felt bad enough.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-11-2019, 23:46   #5957
saabsaab

Gone quiet here.

A bit early but has anyone got any Christmas related weird stories?
13-11-2019, 23:57   #5958
Leg End Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabsaab View Post
Gone quiet here.

When I was younger my parents told me a fat man in a red suit used to watch me all the time. They swore he could tell if I was naughty or nice, and that he would sneak into the house to check if I was asleep.
14-11-2019, 06:14   #5959
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg End Reject View Post
When I was younger my parents told me a fat man in a red suit used to watch me all the time. They swore he could tell if I was naughty or nice, and that he would sneak into the house to check if I was asleep.
That is horrible..bad!

I know this does not qualify but it was totally unnerving y;day to find a large brown cow at the door.. they are so BIG! freaked me out!
14-11-2019, 09:07   #5960
Dr. Bre

Quote:
Did he come down the chimney?
Advertisement
14-11-2019, 09:13   #5961
razorblunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabsaab View Post
Gone quiet here.

Can't recall how I was told this, possibly a friend talking about his neighbour.
He heard noise downstairs on Xmas morning just before 4am. He thought it was the kids sneaking down to the toys early.

Went out and saw his son on the landing saying "Santa is here". Knew something was up so ran down to the room to be confronted by a guy helping himself to the presents. They had a bit of a fight where the guy broke free and tried to run out the front door. The fella tackled him in the garden and beat the absolute shíte out of him.
Gardaí were called, turns out it was the 3rd house he'd hit in the estate, van was loaded with stuff and tvs from the houses too.
14-11-2019, 10:01   #5962
blinding

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblunt View Post
Can't recall how I was told this, possibly a friend talking about his neighbour.
He heard noise downstairs on Xmas morning just before 4am. He thought it was the kids sneaking down to the toys early.

Went out and saw his son on the landing saying "Santa is here". Knew something was up so ran down to the room to be confronted by a guy helping himself to the presents. They had a bit of a fight where the guy broke free and tried to run out the front door. The fella tackled him in the garden and beat the absolute shíte out of him.
Gardaí were called, turns out it was the 3rd house he'd hit in the estate, van was loaded with stuff and tvs from the houses too.
Bad Santa .
14-11-2019, 10:27   #5963
Dow99

I've just come across this thread and thought I'd share my story. Not Christmas related but here it is anyway!

In 2005 I was 26 & took a year out to go traveling for a year,. doing the usual route at the time, started off in California, went west to the Cook Islands and Fiji, 6 weeks in NZ.

I settled in Sydney / Australia for about 9 months.

It was at the time that most of my friends who I had grown up with were doing the same thing.

The night before I left Ireland I can remember it vividly. It was a Friday and I went to see U2 in Croke Park. I was planning an all nighter as my flight was early the next morning.
After Croke Park I went to my local night club and had a good night with my mates before I set off for my travels.

One of my friends who had a full time job and girlfriend plus didn't have the urge to travel stayed at home in Ireland. In the night club he was so clingy ,,, He was constantly saying "Dont forget me,, will you" "Look at me" putting his arm around me hugging ect. I remember saying "Jezz man, I'm not emigrating I'll be back in a few months".

Over the year away I'd mention it to my friends who were traveling with me, that it was really strange behavior as he was never that person who'd be overly affectionate as mates.

Anyway - fast forward nearly a year later. I was on my return leg of the trip and in Thailand. It was before smart phones and I came back from day way and there was a text from my Dad to say the same friend who was clingy in the niteclub, "Was in a car crash, he's in hospital, but all is okay!"

I cant remember if I rang home then but I was reassured that there was nothing too serious.

A night or so later, I had a dream, the same friend was in it, but it wasn't how I remembered him, he seemed a bit fatter. In the dream we were standing at a corner of our national school. The same corner that when we were 12, we both collided while running around opposite sides. He broke his nose off my cheek bone, that left him with a prominent crooked nose. So this was a significant spot for the two of us, that literary marked him for life.

In the dream, he had a big smile on his face and was telling me, & reassuring me that everything is fine, he's happy, and everything will be okay. We had a conversation, I remember saying to him "Wow, you gave me a big scare with the accident. I can remember him laughing & saying, yes, but he's fine now!

The next morning, I woke up a bit freaked that the dream had been so vivid, but thought obviously the accident was playing on my mind.
I went straight to the hostel / hotel reception and rang home,,,, it would have been early in Thailand so it must have in the middle of the night back home. My father answered the phone, and said "Son, I've bad news, xxxx has passed away"" .

Obviously I was devastated - balling my eyes out in the hotel reception. Cant remember time lines exactly, but started to try and arrange traveling home for the funeral.

I arrived back in the evening of the funeral. So missed the burial, wake ect. That night in the pub, people who were at the funeral were still there. I was upset and said that I really wanted to get back in time to see him. When I said this, the person. said, "Na, you wouldnt have recognised him, he was bloated from the drugs in the hospital". It was strange that when he appeared in my dream he was "fatter" than I had remembered.

The clingy ness of my last time with him & the apparition the night he died was a bit much for coincidence.

Anyway there it is!!

Last edited by Dow99; 14-11-2019 at 16:11.
(74) thanks from:
2_fri, Addle, Airyfairy12, akelly02, Alqua, Ande1975, Ann22, BBDBB, bodhrandude, Canard, cazzer22, Chancer3001, chewed, Ciderswigger, Day Lewin, debok, dellas1979, dexter647, dubstarr, electro~bitch, Filmer Paradise, fineso.mom, FoxyVixen, frash, Gloomtastic!, gman127, gordongekko, Graces7, interlocked, Inviere, Iseedeadpixels, jimbobaloobob, jk23, Kdylass, Kingp35, La_Gordy, Mam of 4, mariaalice, miamee, mimimcmc, mistersifter, Mr Magnolia, Nerdlingr, newbee22, Neyite, nikkibikki, Noodles81, norabattie, Pretzill, Purple Mountain, Quazzie, Rachiee, reap-a-rat, ReginaldSmythV, Rubberlegs, Say my name, Scribbler100, Sephiroth_dude, Snowfire, speckledhen, stop animal cruelty, sugarman, sunbeam, Tabnabs, tayto lover, Ted_YNWA, Tell me how, The Princess Bride, The_Kew_Tour, Truckermal, up for anything, Wilfinity, Working class heroes, xalot
14-11-2019, 11:00   #5964
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann22 View Post
Jesus! That's terrible! You poor thing! My friend's son was killed after sneaking out one night to meet his mates and her daughter saw him leave and was in two minds to tell him to come back but she didn't. Her mother never blamed her. The poor girl felt bad enough.
It was even odder. I those far off days, boys rarely if ever showed any concern or affection for little sisters.

The evening before the accident we had been out rowing on the lake and the boatman had trusted us with the boat after he had gone home.

By the time we moored it and were heading for the hotel, it was dark and we were running along a path.
Suddenly my brother ,turned to me, took my hand ( a first) and said so kindly, " Don't be afraid.!" Never ever spoken to me like that,

Less than 24 hours later he was dead,

There is no explanation for these things.
Advertisement
18-11-2019, 13:05   #5965
Loughc

Quote:
Bishop Casey was a terrible man alright.
(2) thanks from:
18-11-2019, 14:54   #5966
cjmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graces7 View Post
Premonitions .. The week before we went on holiday where my brother died in an accident I was terrified that something terrible was going to happen. And again the morning he drowned.

When I finally told my mother I got blamed for his death but as I know, no-one would have heeded me.
The night before a friend killed himself I had an awful night. Couldn't sleep and awake all night. My brother said later that he had a premonition of him in a coffin laid out in the sitting room.
(2) thanks from:
18-11-2019, 15:12   #5967
optogirl

When my Dad was dying and a bit away with the fairies he said he was dreaming that he was in a coffin and all his relatives were around him!
(2) thanks from:
18-11-2019, 16:49   #5968
sunbeam

In my early twenties I had recurring dreams of coffins appearing in the house for about a year. There was someone laid out in them, but I was always too scared to look. When I told my dad he was very freaked out and said that as a young man he had the exact same dreams, down to very specific details.

The dreams stopped immediately after my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer. We waked him in the house.

During the same year, I also had recurring dreams that my dad was being taken way from us by a group of unknown assailants. I guess at some subconscious level I knew he was sick.

At the time I was in college and seeing the student counsellor for an unrelated very stressful matter. Shortly before he was diagnosed I remember blurting out to her how hard I was finding things now that my dad was so gravely ill. But none of us knew that then, we thought he just had a mild chest infection. I was actually very confused about why I had said it.

My dad died from lung cancer. He had given up smoking two decades before, but occasionally had a rare cigarette, if offered. When I would see him doing this in the years before his diagnosis, my blood would run cold. I've never experienced a feeling like it before that or since.
19-11-2019, 22:16   #5969
Airyfairy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
In my early twenties I had recurring dreams of coffins appearing in the house for about a year. There was someone laid out in them, but I was always too scared to look. When I told my dad he was very freaked out and said that as a young man he had the exact same dreams, down to very specific details.

The dreams stopped immediately after my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer. We waked him in the house.

During the same year, I also had recurring dreams that my dad was being taken way from us by a group of unknown assailants. I guess at some subconscious level I knew he was sick.

At the time I was in college and seeing the student counsellor for an unrelated very stressful matter. Shortly before he was diagnosed I remember blurting out to her how hard I was finding things now that my dad was so gravely ill. But none of us knew that then, we thought he just had a mild chest infection. I was actually very confused about why I had said it.

My dad died from lung cancer. He had given up smoking two decades before, but occasionally had a rare cigarette, if offered. When I would see him doing this in the years before his diagnosis, my blood would run cold. I've never experienced a feeling like it before that or since.
Its so weird, I know that feeling, you just know an event or particular situation is about to happen, its happened to me a few times and every time its been spot on and I wasn't surprised because I knew like it was a fact that it was going to happen.
19-11-2019, 22:45   #5970
Widdershins

I don't usually know What, I just know something has happened or is happening. Felt something thats hard to describe when someone close to me had a seizure. I was queueing at the post office and suddenly she came to the forefront of my mind and I willed her strength. I had no idea what was happening though as we were miles apart at the time. That was her first seizure. I can't say I always or often feel/know things like that. One other time springs to mind. I was out walking on the local hills. Just out of the car and I couldn't explain why but I felt I urgently must get straight back to my house. I knew it would seem ridiculous to insist we turn around get back in the car and go, but I faked a bad earache and dizziness. I would never have cut the day short if that was actually true. Oddly enough my boyfriend didn't seem the least bit confused and seemed to feel we should do that despite him being mad for that walk. When we got back there was someone there waiting for me, she had left her partner after a bad row and had been sitting around the back waiting for me. I don't know if she had tried calling me as I never look at my phone when I'm out or she hadn't brought her own phone.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion