Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brith Controll Combined Pill & Coldsores/blisters

• 19-11-2019 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello Ladies,

Wondering if any of you have had any experience of a worsening of coldsores when taking the pill?

I am currently taking Yasminelle as prescribed by my doctor to "protect my ovaries" Im 25 so I am guessing for future family planning if needs be. I was previously on Cerazette which is progesterone only. I do get cold sores and have so since I was a kid (god damit who ever game me them as a baby!)

Anyway as I got older I didn't get much cold sores at all, possibly around 3 in one year, ever since going on this pill in June I have had 9 which is a crazy increase, plus there so horrible and ugly on my face I generally hide away, even from my partner who I am with 7 years. ( He doesnt get them lucky Sh1t)

I have tried researching online if this is a common thing but I cannot seem to find anything, I am hoping someone might have had the same experience because I feel like I am going mad??

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

When I started on a pill that may have been Yasmin or could have been Microlite (quite a few years ago, during a period of lots of pill changes), I started getting cold sores. I don’t think I’d ever gotten them before, but suddenly I started getting them frequently. Eventually, I twigged that I seemed to be getting one every time I got thrush (very f*cking frequently in my case) and I eventually noticed that I could feel the ‘tingle’ begin within 30 minutes of taking a fluconazole tablet, always in the exact same spot on my lip.

However, that stopped again after a few years. It may or may not have had anything to do with me changing to an IUD, or could have been related to desensitization when I was put on a 6 monthly weekly dose of fluconazole.

All that is just anecdotal, but I don’t think it’s impossible that there’s a link, given my experience.

Advertisement