Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-11-2019, 10:49   #991
EoinHef

You should have tried liking No Mans Sky when it came out,now that was some sorta crime on here

This game was similar though,some people were offended that others liked the gameplay.

The campaign was decent but the end game was terrible. Cant really bring myself to go back and play it now but i was happy playing it at the time. Just felt there wasnt much worth doing after the campaign and a few stronghold runs.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-11-2019, 12:32   #992
nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcully View Post
feel bad for anyone who paid full price.
You shouldnt, how many times EA gotta burn people for them to learn a lesson?
(2) thanks from:
15-11-2019, 14:09   #993
Nody
Servant of Cthulhu
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix View Post
Seeing how many picked up the Fallout subscription I'd estimate it at eternity+1 times.
15-11-2019, 17:27   #994
EoinHef

Quote:
Or maybe some of us understand the hype gets some people some times and can understand it?

Never made a miatake in your life?

Must be hard to breath all the way up there on that high horse
15-11-2019, 17:45   #995
nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoinHef View Post
Or maybe some of us understand the hype gets some people some times and can understand it?

Never made a miatake in your life?

Must be hard to breath all the way up there on that high horse
High horse? ah c'mon! theres making a mistake, and then theres repeating the exact same mistake over and over..

Last edited by nix; 15-11-2019 at 17:51.
Advertisement
15-11-2019, 19:37   #996
The Phantom Pain

According to Jason Schreirer of Kotaku, Bioware are planning a No Man's Sky-like comeback with a major overhaul to the entire game. Good on them for trying but I have my doubts as to whether it will be successful. Bioware come across as super incompetent these days.
16-11-2019, 00:00   #997
goon_magee

I think it has a chance of finding a respectable player base if done right. Those who liked the game but fell off due to lack of content (like myself) will definitely come back, and I think a fair few will be tempted to check it out outta pure curiosity given what a high profile disaster it turned out to be.

That's if any of what Schreier is saying is true of course, though as much as I cannot stand the guy he is usually fairly reliable
16-11-2019, 05:56   #998
EoinHef

Quote:
High horse? ah c'mon! theres making a mistake, and then theres repeating the exact same mistake over and over..
Your makin a rather large assumption here,just because someone bought anthem doesnt mean they pre order every EA game.

Id wager nearly everyone on here has bought a game they were disspointed in at some point. I know i have,it happens.

I guess to me theres no point in scoffing at people for getting caught out.

On another note id be up for giving the game another try. Its not a million miles away from being quite good imo. They do have quite a bit to sort out though so hopefully they get the time,resources and have the talent to do just that.

I would have reservations givin EA's involvement though.

Last edited by EoinHef; 16-11-2019 at 06:01.
(2) thanks from:
16-11-2019, 06:22   #999
_CreeD_

Why the fk must online gaming be about the team you support? That having paid for any game has to be a mistake worthy of scorn. The simple fact is if you didn't buy it, you don't have a FKN oppinion in it. You simply have an oppinion of someone else's oppinion (youtbuber, online reivewer etc.). To think that this type of oppinion/squared is more valuable than someone who paid for it and played that damn thing is just utter nuts.
High horse? You literally don't actually have any to begin with. The game's failings are as they are, that is no reflection on the people who bought it (and those who played it through fledgling (at the time) sub services).

Sorry but the idea of someone who has never played a game looking down on the oppinions of anyone who has? Ludicrous.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-11-2019, 15:19   #1000
nix

Quote:

I would have reservations givin EA's involvement though.
Exactly, EA deliver broken/unfinished messes. its widely known, yet people still preorder blindly and then get pissed on release. This is going on for over a decade now with EA and people still make the mistake. So its because of this, I don't feel bad for people who clearly ignore the warning signs.

Now those just dipping their toes into gaming, sure.. /sadface

Quote:
Id wager nearly everyone on here has bought a game they were disspointed in at some point. I know i have,it happens.
Sure, game companies release the odd miss, EA however constantly do it and people some how seem surprised? I'm sure if you look back through this thread you will likely see me posting prior to release that this will be a hot mess.

Even if Anthem was a hit, they wouldnt be helping to nurture the Anthem community for long if at all, they would just be focusing on making Anthem 2, which for the type of game it is, is terrible.

Apex legends is the only thing ive seen EA handle well in AAAAGES, and thats because they're letting Respawn make pretty much all decisions.
16-11-2019, 15:22   #1001
nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by _CreeD_ View Post
Why the fk must online gaming be about the team you support? That having paid for any game has to be a mistake worthy of scorn. The simple fact is if you didn't buy it, you don't have a FKN oppinion in it. You simply have an oppinion of someone else's oppinion (youtbuber, online reivewer etc.). To think that this type of oppinion/squared is more valuable than someone who paid for it and played that damn thing is just utter nuts.
High horse? You literally don't actually have any to begin with. The game's failings are as they are, that is no reflection on the people who bought it (and those who played it through fledgling (at the time) sub services).

Sorry but the idea of someone who has never played a game looking down on the oppinions of anyone who has? Ludicrous.

16-11-2019, 15:39   #1002
goon_magee

Thing is the reason Anthem was a disappointment stemmed from Bioware themselves, pretty much had nothing to do with EA. Its been well documented at this stage that EA involvement was limited, and in fact the biggest impact they had was insisting on flying being reintroduced to the game which ended up being one of the games biggest strengths.

Do EA make a lot of missteps? Sure, but they aren't to blame for the Anthem debacle.

I also don't think anyone who played Anthem has asked anyone to "feel bad" for them. What people find ridiculous is this air of superiority and arrogance from people who took pleasure in seeing the game fail and almost seemed to love the fact that some people gave Anthem a chance and got burned. Its absolutely pathetic.
(3) thanks from:
16-11-2019, 16:18   #1003
CatInABox

Mod: Xbox, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by goon_magee View Post
Thing is the reason Anthem was a disappointment stemmed from Bioware themselves, pretty much had nothing to do with EA. Its been well documented at this stage that EA involvement was limited, and in fact the biggest impact they had was insisting on flying being reintroduced to the game which ended up being one of the games biggest strengths.

Do EA make a lot of missteps? Sure, but they aren't to blame for the Anthem debacle.

I also don't think anyone who played Anthem has asked anyone to "feel bad" for them. What people find ridiculous is this air of superiority and arrogance from people who took pleasure in seeing the game fail and almost seemed to love the fact that some people gave Anthem a chance and got burned. Its absolutely pathetic.
I don't think that EA can wash their hands so easily. They're the ones that mandated the frostbite engine for all of their games, a decision that's crippled studios. Bioware then had to compete with other EA studios for support for frostbite, but because their projected sales where dwarfed by the Battlefields and the FIFAs, they were bottom of the pile when it came to fixing/helping them.

The only EA studio that doesn't have to suffer the Frostbite engine is Respawn, and they've produced some of the best games of the generation, with Fallen Jedi looking like another hit.
22-11-2019, 22:44   #1004
dreamers75

Jumping back in (origin Premier for Star Wars) so may as well have a look see.

Loved the shootee flyee part, hated the other parts.

but man the shootee flyee part was sweet.
24-11-2019, 11:19   #1005
Potential-Monke

I see it's in EA Access now, might finally give it a try and see what the flying fuss was about. Will be playing it Solo, so that probably won't help as these games are not designed for solo players, as much as they claim it can be done. But will give it a go anyway.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion