Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-10-2019, 18:17   #136
gozunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by auspicious View Post
Missed the point no. Just pointing out those naysayers of The Game Changers are meat advocates i.e. biased.The movie is based on scientific facts - objective peer reviewed science.
Of course since it's espousing a plant-based diet it's sponsored by a plant-based company. You wouldn't find a movie espousing atheism sponsored by the Catholic Church.
But you do miss the point. The review of the Film by Mens Health included a single 'quote ' from someone who (allegedly) works in the beef industry. That does not make MH 'meat advocates' btw. To back that up - they acknowledged the criticism and removed the quote. Check the editors note for yourself! The article even points out that MH supports veganism and publishers pro vegan lifestyle articles!

But to put it plainly - one of the main issues is simply that- the movie is a movie - produced by Holywood actors / directors and backed by wealthy commercial plant food investment interests ie a biased film. It is also evident that much of the 'science' is not presented in a balanced way and uses a bunch of Observational studies touting small effects which are known to cause a high risk of error and selection bias.

Interesting though that you think it ok for the vested commercial interests in the plant food industy to create and push this film - yet call those who used a single quote (which was removed btw) 'naysayers'and 'meat advocates' and dont see the inherent bias! Odd that no?

Last edited by gozunda; 19-10-2019 at 19:00.
Advertisement
19-10-2019, 18:53   #137
jh79

Quote:
Missed the point no. Just pointing out those naysayers of The Game Changers are meat advocates i.e. biased.
The movie is based on scientific facts - objective peer reviewed science.
Of course since it's espousing a plant-based diet it's sponsored by a plant-based company. You wouldn't find a movie espousing atheism sponsored by the Catholic Church.
The movie is an interpretation of scientific evidence, it is not presenting "scientific facts".

The movie producers havn't produced any new evidence and there hasn't been any new evidence published that shows wholly plant based diet is better than a balanced diet with meat and dairy.

Just some promotional video to help James Cameron's new business venture

Last edited by jh79; 19-10-2019 at 19:38.
19-10-2019, 19:20   #138
auspicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh79 View Post
The movie is an interpretation of scientific evidence, it is not presenting "scientific facts".

The movie producers havn't produced any new evidence and there hasn't been any new evidence published that shows wholly plant based diet us better than a balanced diet with neat and dairy.

Just some promotional video to help James Cameron's new business venture
I accept the word evidence is more satisfactory than facts.
19-10-2019, 19:42   #139
jh79

Quote:
I accept the word evidence is more satisfactory than facts.
So is there any new scientifc evidence in the movie? What evidence does it have different than Forks Over Knives?
19-10-2019, 19:58   #140
auspicious

I wouldn't know. I've never seen forks over knives.
I was contesting the fact that the 'good review' from Men's Health offered by gozunda was biased. The article is by Paul Kita whom has two meat based books published. MH has since backtracked on a couple of issues so it's a non-starter.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-10-2019, 20:57   #141
gozunda

Quote:
I wouldn't know. I've never seen forks over knives.
I was contesting the fact that the 'good review' from Men's Health offered by gozunda was biased. The article is by Paul Kita whom has two meat based books published. MH has since backtracked on a couple of issues so it's a non-starter.
I believe what you mean is that you think the review was 'biased' - not that you are 'contesting' it. But no worries I get what you are saying.

I do like the rather hilarious take on the author. The article is written by Paul Kita who has written two regular Cookbooks, which like most regular cookbooks contain a range of recipes and are not 'meat based books' lol.

Heres a review of one of them just for reference!

https://i.imgflip.com/3ds6am.jpg

Anyhow back to the article! Whilst MH removed the controversial quote from Dr Roussell (PhD) - this is the present state of play as MH has not 'backtracked' This is what the editor states.

[Quote]The debate continues! James Loomis, M.D., former team physician for the St. Louis Rams and St. Louis Cardinals, who appears in The Game Changers, has written a rebuttal to this piece. We respect Loomis’ opinion, but we stand by our reporting and analysis of the film.

Last edited by gozunda; 19-10-2019 at 21:39.
19-10-2019, 21:22   #142
auspicious

I worded it quite fine thank-you.
As ever you're typically disingenuous.
No need for you to have the last word. I'm out.
19-10-2019, 21:32   #143
gozunda

Quote:
I worded it quite fine thank-you. As ever you're typically disingenuous. No need for you to have the last word. I'm out.
Hmmm - you say I'm 'disingenuous' and yet bizarrely claim a couple of regular cookbooks as being 'meat based books'. Last word or no yup maybe best give it a break. Bye .
19-10-2019, 22:26   #144
auspicious

Something in the back of my mind told me to reread.
So I worded that part incorrectly and you were not disingenuous, on this occasion.
Fair enough.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-10-2019, 16:30   #145
loveisdivine

We really enjoyed Game Changers. It really shows that there's not just one way of being super fit and healthy, it doesn't have to be tonnes of animal protein and whey etc.

My dad ditched dairy a few months ago and lost a good bit of weight, lower cholesterol etc and has basically been feeling great from it. So I recommended this doc as he was still adamant that animal protein was superior to plant and low and behold he emailed immediately after watching to say he's going meat free! I know he'll never be fully vegan, but just ditching the meat and dairy is so huge for him.

It's purely health based for him, but I'm so pleased
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion