Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-07-2016, 19:00   #316
leesadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orla K View Post
Hey guys, I'm just wondering when do we get all the info packs for our courses. I want to get everything I need together early.
I'd actually love to know that too.. Was hoping it would be soon.. I'm for UCC..
Advertisement
16-07-2016, 19:31   #317
spurious
Category Moderator

I would say they send them all out together, when the LC applicants have got their places.
16-07-2016, 23:05   #318
leesadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
I would say they send them all out together, when the LC applicants have got their places.
I'd imagine they will be out before then as the offers for leaving Certs come out on August 22nd but UCC mature students register August 26th according to the website..
08-08-2016, 12:09   #319
sambucus nigra

I am probably being a bit of a moaning Myrtle here - but why can't indicative college timetables be released sooner than the first day back? It is so hard to try and arrange childcare and not mess your minder around when you have to be so vague - probably 25 hours but no idea how they'll be spread across the week.

On a more positive note, I am looking forward to going back and getting "me time" and mental stimulation outside the house (yes, now college, cooking and laundry count as precious me time!). It has been great to have the summer to bond with my 7 month old and see her develop, but I'm ready to hit the books now. Roll on third year!
(2) thanks from:
21-11-2016, 10:25   #320
That_Guy

Send a message via Skype™ to That_Guy
Graduated there last week with a level 7 in Social Care. That 3 years absolutely flew in and was worth the highs and excruciating lows.

Employed in my field with a view to moving to Toronto in the next 18 months or so.

Greatest thing I've ever done.
Advertisement
24-11-2016, 22:58   #321
Kal El
Banned

First semester finished. All my assignments handed in . Now a two week wait for my first exam, so will spend one week binging on tv/ps4 and then study like a lunatic for the next week
Thanks from:
14-02-2017, 13:28   #322
jungatheart

Anyone know what's best way to judge how you are doing in a course, i'm back at college after almost 25 years doing a masters. i had previously done a diploma in an it many many moons ago and this is a university masters and whilst initially i was like wtf am i doing here ?! I've settled in well enough and have just finished my first semester, i'm doing the masters part time over two years, so i'm doing four modules this year and two next year and a thesis. I think the overall marks are 3/9 for thesis and 1/9 for marks in each module. so i've just gotten marks for my first three modules and i got 73 in one [which i surprised cause i thought that was weakest one], 68 in another and 67 in another so so far it's an average of 69.3 which is kinda meh 'cause it's good but it's just a whisker away from a first in overall scores. if it kept up this way, i wonder what they do in cases like that where it's so close yet so far and it's gas 'cause before i met lecturers, i was thinking i'd done really badly and then wasn't sure if an average of 69 was good, bad or indifferent as university is so different but they both said the work was really good but i'm just confused myself as to what the standard is and how best to judge it myself and damn it, how to get my average up to just the 70 would be nice
03-04-2017, 16:27   #323
Darch Nemesis

SUSI application renewals are open today, just FYI!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion