Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Approval In Principle from different banks

• 11-02-2019 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, is it possible to get multiple AIP at the same time from different banks?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Yes, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 9,914 ✭✭✭tom1ie

Yes. Switching mortgage provider by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ZioL

tom1ie wrote: »
    Yes. Switching mortgage provider by any chance?

I'm still at the first step asking AIP and I was wondering if I can get more than one from BOI and AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,914 ✭✭✭tom1ie

ZioL wrote: »
    I'm still at the first step asking AIP and I was wondering if I can get more than one from BOI and AIB.

You can get mortgage approval from all the banks if you wish. Do you mind me asking who you are moving from? Ebs are offering 2% cashback. You can move there, get the 2% after a month or so, and then move to aib for the lowest variable on the market (providing your ltv is 50% or less).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

If anything it’s in your interest as some banks may value your prospective property differently and maybe not give you what you need at the last second

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

tom1ie wrote: »
    You can get mortgage approval from all the banks if you wish. Do you mind me asking who you are moving from? Ebs are offering 2% cashback. You can move there, get the 2% after a month or so, and then move to aib for the lowest variable on the market (providing your ltv is 50% or less).

I think i saw on an ad the 2% is payable only after some period of time
    eta: i see now it's 3% of which 2% is up front... nice

Advertisement