Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRO Records

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

leck wrote: »
    The following church record is on rootsireland but no civil record there:

03-Aug-1879 Parish / District: GALBALLY & AHERLOW
    County: Co. Limerick

Husband: William Wilkinson
    Wife: Bridget Blackburne
    Address:
    Denomination: Roman Catholic
    Roman Catholic Occupation:
    Husband's Father: Wilkinson
    Wife's Father Name: Blackburne
    Address:
    Denomination:
    Husband's Mother
    Wife's Mother Name:
    Address:
    Denomination:
    Witness 1: William Kinnane
    Witness 2: Ellen Russell
    Address:
    Notes:

Thanks, I already had the church marriage but had been searching for the civil marriage record to confirm William's father's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MAGZERFLOOD

Are some of the marriages up on Irish Genealogy? Some of mine seem to be but not all

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

Are some of the marriages up on Irish Genealogy? Some of mine seem to be but not all

Looks like there's something happening! Getting very limited results but most seem to have images... :D

Looks like all of the marriages are up now (for Galway at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

AD61 wrote: »
    Looks like there's something happening! Getting very limited results but most seem to have images... :D
    I found a couple of marriage images I needed that are pre-1882 in Oughterard district. There are now 992 marriages (all seem to have images) for that district between 1864-1881, the earliest are two marriages from 1869.

Wondering if the records are being added district by district. I'm getting nothing for Claremorris reg district.

EDITED TO ADD: just now getting results for Claremorris. Maybe problem with my earlier search or they just went up:
    Marriage results in Claremorris from 1864 to 1881
    Displaying results 1 - 100 of 1488.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭oceanclub

My Tipperary great-grandfather's 1867 marriage isn't up yet, but I'll keep checking...
    P.

leck wrote: »
    I found a couple of marriage images I needed that are pre-1882 in Oughterard district. There are now 992 marriages (all seem to have images) for that district between 1864-1881, the earliest are two marriages from 1869.

Wondering if the records are being added district by district. I'm getting nothing for Claremorris reg district.

The indexes that were there previously seem to be gone, too. Hopefully everything's being done today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

oceanclub wrote: »
    My Tipperary great-grandfather's 1867 marriage isn't up yet, but I'll keep checking...
    P.
    Try searching all marriages for that reg district for 1864-1869 to see if any up for that time period. For the two districts I checked found only three marriages in that time period and think they were 1869 marriages that were registered in 1870. Yes, it seems that the 1869 marriages that have sneaked through were either late registrations or on the cusp of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

I'm getting some images for pre-1882 Newry registered marriages but not all. Still it's happening, at last!!!!! :eek: :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I think deaths are offline at the moment. I tried a few on my outstanding list from pre 1890 and the indexes for them aren't even coming up.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭josip

I've forgotten which years for marriages and deaths we were waiting for.
    Would somebody please be so kind as to remind me?

(Edit) Just saw Pinky's post, is it pre 1890 for both marriages and deaths?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

The Captcha is back to it's old tricks again - half a dozen attempts before it let me in.:(

Hopefully that's an issue relating to the update which will be resolved anon.

Genealogy Forum Mod

:D There are now images for marriages in 1871 in Dublin South online.

This is not a drill!

We don't know exactly what we're getting, probably until Claire Santry rings the GRO and does a news story!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

josip wrote: »
    I've forgotten which years for marriages and deaths we were waiting for.
    Would somebody please be so kind as to remind me?

(Edit) Just saw Pinky's post, is it pre 1890 for both marriages and deaths?

Births: 1864 to 1916

Marriages: 1882* to 1940

Deaths: 1891* to 1965

These are the dates for what's currently available, not what is not! ;)

1916 birth images are there too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

mod9maple wrote: »
    Births: 1864 to 1915

Marriages: 1882* to 1940

Deaths: 1891* to 1965

But today's tranche are the Pre 1882 marriages and the pre 1891 deaths?
    I thought all the births from 1864 were in the first tranche?

From now on I will celebrate 13th of November as "Due Course" day.

All births are already there, but they add a new year's worth every year as they go past the 100 rule. So the 1916 births have been added.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Oh dear, it looks like this update suddenly makes old URLs invalid? Suddenly have to update 100s of references on Wikitree. :( 

P.

Does anyone know if all the missing deaths and marriages been uploaded today or just a subset?

I'm still seeing lots of records for the period without an online image, eg.
    qRD7bVC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

josip wrote: »
    Does anyone know if all the missing deaths and marriages been uploaded today or just a subset?

I'm still seeing lots of records for the period without an online image, eg.

I've found images for marriages back to abt 1870, but no pre-1890 deaths so far...

• Advertisement

No. There's no statement from the GRO on exactly what was released.

I can see marriages back as far as 1871, plus the 1941 records.
    Births for 1916 are there.
    Deaths for 1966 are not and in fact, there's very little new in deaths. I see some deaths in 1890.

I suspect they are not finished the upload but I'm not expecting a full set of records tomorrow for every category.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    No. There's no statement from the GRO on exactly what was released.

I can see marriages back as far as 1871, plus the 1941 records.
    Births for 1916 are there.
    Deaths for 1966 are not and in fact, there's very little new in deaths. I see some deaths in 1890.

I suspect they are not finished the upload but I'm not expecting a full set of records tomorrow for every category.

Some of the indexes seem to have had the district removed. I'm getting very few results searching e.g. 1890 deaths for Tuam. Presumably this is a temporary glitch.

Does anybody know where the records with names in lower case with civil status given are from? The index entry appears in a different format to the usual one.

Can you show an example please?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Well here's one from pre 1900 which has the date and maiden name -

58CkY8.jpg

433425.png
    These are the ones I'm thinking of - they've always been there, with a GRID and civil status, no volume/page, and no image. They're currently the only ones appearing when one searches for deaths by SR District pre-1891. The one posted above by mickmackey1 is the same - there's no image attached when you click through, though of course a search yields the corresponding 'regular' record with image since it falls within the years already available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Presumably this release is timed to occur before this evening's GSI meeting, at which Tadg O'Shea of irishgenealogy.ie will speak.

I for one would have pressed him on this issue.

Thankfully we now have what we were hoping for over the last year or so. Ireland can now raise it's head as the best country for free public records in the English speaking world.

Three cheers for irishgenealogy.ie

I doubt the GRO does anything to a schedule involving anyone other than themselves!

I also don't think this upload is finished - which is why the indexes are not in their usual format.

Genealogy Forum Mod

"I also don't think this upload is finished "

After this upload is eventually completed, will _every_ record on irishgenealogy.ie have an image? I've checked a few records that I was waiting on images for and none have one yet.

Guys: I'm not the oracle and I don't work for the GRO, who are poor at communication. We'll just have to wait and see.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

as far as i can see the only records updated in this batch are images of marriages back to about 1870, although coverage is not complete for all districts.
    oceanclub wrote: »
    ...After this upload is eventually completed, will _every_ record on irishgenealogy.ie have an image? I've checked a few records that I was waiting on images for and none have one yet.

I'd expect several more batches of updates before the system is 'complete'

Advertisement