Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bloggers including friends and family

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

They met in tinder and he googled as he thought it could be a catfish.

Nothing wrong with that but the way it's worded above makes what he did sound worse without knowing the context.

I'm no fan of hers but it has probably only pissed off a minority of her following. If they don't like it surely they can unfollow and move on. People change all the time it's only natural her content is moving but this is her platform. If she is Happy and is still making money the so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

frogstar wrote: »

Nothing wrong with that but the way it's worded above makes what he did sound worse without knowing the context.

I'm no fan of hers but it has probably only pissed off a minority of her following. If they don't like it surely they can unfollow and move on. People change all the time it's only natural her content is moving but this is her platform. If she is Happy and is still making money the so be it.

That's crazy. When did she say they met on tinder?
    He's saturating her life, its like someone with their first boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I had a look at her instagram page there, since I unfollowed her (about a week ago) she's lost another thousand followers.
    You say "so be it" but that's her core audience that she's losing.

I think it was the live Facebook video they did together which is still there to see. I think she was a bit embarrassed about how they met but that's how people meet these days.

Off topic but I don't get the point of FB or Instagram live.

Well she blocked me on Instagram for suggesting her makeup brushes were overpriced so that might be another reason her following is gone down :)

Which isn't good business sense either. If I don't buy the brushes and think they are expensive it doesn't automatically mean I'm a troll or not interested in future products

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Well she blocked me on Instagram for suggesting her makeup brushes were overpriced so that might be another reason her following is gone down :)

Which isn't good business sense either. If I don't buy the brushes and think they are expensive it doesn't automatically mean I'm a troll or not interested in future products

I'm sure I read recently that Instagram are deleting fake followers so that could explain her follow numbers falling lately

Toastytoes wrote: »
    I'm sure I read recently that Instagram are deleting fake followers so that could explain her follow numbers falling lately

What's a fake follower?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Why does MUF speak so fast and in staccato pauses?

The only person I do not mind featuring friends or family is James Patrice. His Ma and sister are gas. He also comes across really genuine and nice and he never annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

What's a fake follower?

There are websites that you can go to and pay for followers. You can choose how many followers you want and then the company get fake accounts to follow you. They're basically robot accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

The fake accounts will also comment simple comments like 'nice profile', 'nice pic' etc. It makes it look like you have way more followers than you do, and a lot more traffic on your page. Instagram is due to be deleting these, which is only right. If I had a brand and was collabing with someone only to find out a portion of their followers were bought bots, I'd be utterly raging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

I think FBG'S sister put the foot down on sharing her baby on Snapchat!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I think FBG'S sister put the foot down on sharing her baby on Snapchat!

The baby's face was never shown I don't think either so I don't know why FBG bothered to Snap a foot or a hand. It's always got to be about her hasn't it?

A certain blogger today shared a screenshot of the wedding dress she wants, she sent it to her bf via whatsapp, and put it on snap. She is the same one who features him non stop. Sorry, but that kind of stuff is way too much to share, like what's gonna happen if they break up?? She is coming across as a mega bunny boiler, and is gonna ruin her career if she doesnt stop showing him/giving him snap take overs/flogging his business...

Ray37 wrote: »
    A certain blogger today shared a screenshot of the wedding dress she wants, she sent it to her bf via whatsapp, and put it on snap. She is the same one who features him non stop. Sorry, but that kind of stuff is way too much to share, like what's gonna happen if they break up?? She is coming across as a mega bunny boiler, and is gonna ruin her career if she doesnt stop showing him/giving him snap take overs/flogging his business...

Just saw that, his reaction 'umm OK..." runs and hides"', should have been enough for her to delete it but then she asks does he like it?
    Jesus. I'd be cringing telling my friends let alone strangers that story.

She comes across utterly desperate to be with him and is happy to destroy her brand if it means keeping him around, what happened to independent women? Girl boss etc??

Nope, not engaged!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Criiiiiiiinge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

How embarrassing! His response was really awkward as well, I'd be mortified if anyone saw that conversation never mind sharing it on social media!!

It goes to show how little self awareness she has as to how she is perceived... Like, I'd say she thinks this is cute banter, but it's actually really embarrassing behavior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I was wondering with the baby snaps yesterday if she was duffed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

It was said before but she really is like a 16 year old in the throws of their first relationship.

I really hope this does work out for them because if not she's seriously damaging her brand by having him front and centre of everything she's doing

• Advertisement

allym wrote: »
    It was said before but she really is like a 16 year old in the throws of their first relationship.

I really hope this does work out for them because if not she's seriously damaging her brand by having him front and centre of everything she's doing

Or the stereotypical almost mid 30's hearing biological clock ticking and desperate to settle down - they aren't even together a year.

I do hope it works out for her too, she's changed a lot from when I first came across her and she was a vital, energetic woman all about make up and much more interesting.

I doubt she's pregnant, I think she wants people to think that's where her relationship is heading, and why she keeps posting snaps of baby clothes etc... It's like she's trying to create this picture of this couple that's heading down the aisle,with a baby and all that, but I don't think he's in the same headspace... I still think he's there to get followers/fame from her, it's how he  comes across anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why was she snapping baby clothes

They were in some shop and she was snapping them, not just one snap, a few...... Sooo clingy, if I was a fella and my GF of less than a year was doing that, I'd be legging it!! It's not like this is even private, there are thousands of eyes seeing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

It's funny he dosent show her on his S.M. She said she played a Prank on him yday that it was over in instastories so being nosy I went for a look. Wasn't on hers but his! She pretended she got her nose pierced but it never showed her just him reacting to it. He briefly said I can't show her face. Thought it odd! Unless she didn't want her to video her. Angles and all that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I totally agree that Joanne has let her relationship with Paul take over her business. She needs to remember that her insta/snap etc IS her business. Her whole livelihood depends on it.

I actually don't mind if relationships are featured on any outlet if it's honest; at the moment we're given the impression that all of their time is spent in utter bliss together, himself buying her glittery toys at every petrol station (which is a bit they do), never arguing, both delighted to spend every minute together, no intrusion of real life at all. I would much prefer if a blogger actually wrote about real relationship challenges, if they choose to share that aspect of themselves. But Joanne's followers just want the filtered version of it. They're 16 and want the fairytale.

I do think she shares content that is really inappropriate at times. His insta stories also featured a "treasure hunt" that she wrote for him a couple of weeks ago. It referenced her knickers, what was underneath them and oral sex. I genuinely thought he had posted it by accident but it stayed up for the 24 hours.

I like Joanne when she is honest and vulnerable. She doesn't need to be upset or unhappy to be those things of course, but that seems to be the only time she allows the veneer to slip. I think she is very hard on herself, and who can blame her? If I get one nasty comment on my appearance in the space of a whole year, it will play on my mind. Horrible trolls comment on her on a daily basis. I feel for her in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

He does look like he is a lot younger so perhaps that is why he doesn't appear as keen when it comes to wedding dresses and baby snaps. Or maybe he's just more business savvy and that is why he chooses not to add others to his SM and keeps it more business focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Ah lads I am scarlet for her.
    I think even though they are similar in she he seems v young compared to her. Definitely not on the same page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

He's 29 she's 30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Thanks be to jaysus I missed the knicker thing!!

Advertisement