Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bloggers including friends and family

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Regarding MUF and the BF, I watched her Croatia vlog, and it's all him pretty much. If she keeps it up she is going to lose a lot of followers, I really feel he is loving the spotlight, and for her own sake I hope she stops snapping him as much, and stops promoting his business every 5 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

To be fair to get, she hasn't snapped him at all today. I really liked her make up haul and look today, hopefully she'll keep that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Ray37 wrote: »
    Regarding MUF and the BF, I watched her Croatia vlog, and it's all him pretty much. If she keeps it up she is going to lose a lot of followers, I really feel he is loving the spotlight, and for her own sake I hope she stops snapping him as much, and stops promoting his business every 5 seconds.

I agree It comes across like he is loving the spotlight and that he uses her Snapchat for his own gain

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

I really liked her snaps today, more of how it used to be! I do think she's been reading this, or had others reading this and saying it to her. If this is the case, I'm glad to see even a slight change. It makes me remember why I followed her in the first place. Hope she keeps this up!

If she is reading this, I am shocked that none of us have been threatened with 'legal action' yet for discussing her tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Today was the first day in a while where I've watched her (Fairy) and thought she was acting like a normal person, if that makes sense. No posey nonsense or OTT gym references. I thought she came across very sweet on her walk back from the gym. I'd happily watch her if she continued on this line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

anna080 wrote: »
    Today was the first day in a while where I've watched her (Fairy) and thought she was acting like a normal person, if that makes sense. No posey nonsense or OTT gym references. I thought she came across very sweet on her walk back from the gym. I'd happily watch her if she continued on this line.

I followed her just for a look and wow, it was like the old Joanne. So impressed. Much prefer how she was today to her usual content. It was a relief not to see her boyfriend and have the silly screechy voices.
    Would 100% follow her and support her if she was like that all the time.

I've seen a few comments on her Insta in the same tone, aka less BF more MUF, so maybe she is taking notice. It'd be nice if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

I was the same. Didn't do my usual tap tap through until I seen make up etc! Hopefully she's making a come back! Felt like it was just her..no frills or fuss just normal. Fingers crossed she keeps it up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I can see why she actually does include him a lot to be fair, her younger demographic seem to eat it up with all the '#couplegoals' type posts I've seen in awe of both him and of them as a couple.

However, it seems to annoy the older section of her target market aka the people who actually have the disposable income to spend on her products. Teenyboppers will like and comment on all her posts but for the most part won't be able to buy her products.
    It's interesting that she's been scaling back on his exposure recently, maybe pixie pout isn't doing as well as fairy wands did?

• Advertisement

I had a look today and found her a bit like her old self too , no endless silly filters constant posing and no boyfriend more talking and make up very refreshing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    her younger demographic seem to eat it up with all the '#couplegoals' type posts I've seen in awe of both him and of them as a couple.

However, it seems to annoy the older section of her target market aka the people who actually have the disposable income to spend on her products. Teenyboppers will like and comment on all her posts but for the most part won't be able to buy her products.
    So true! And therein lies a big problem for her - to a huge chunk of her followers the "Makeup fairy" is someone who likes unicorns, sparkly stuff, Tiffany blue, has this cool boyfriend and gets to do cool stuff like travelling, promoting products, driving a free car, etc without it seeming like work - you can see exactly why younger followers adore her. She had to play to that image to keep them happy (she must be damn sick of being sent unicorn stuff at this stage!!), even her marketing for the brushes was exactly for that purpose and on the way playing up to that image of her has lost (or at the least annoyed/alienated) her the original (and probably older, yes) following.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

He's back.........

Practically 3 hours of snaps! I was really loving that she had got back to her usual self and was snapping about make up and other bits this week, only to have such a switch round today.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

Wellyd wrote: »
    He's back.........

Practically 3 hours of snaps! I was really loving that she had got back to her usual self and was snapping about make up and other bits this week, only to have such a switch round today.

Isn't it interesting how she rarely appears on his platforms..his seems much more focused/professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

He's back.........

I was thinking the same! There was more him than her on it today. And she had the cheek to say he's a guest speaker. Someone asked her why she has him on so much, he doesn't have snap chat and she wants him on it apparently. Seriously doesn't take much effort to set up his own account.
    She had a make up bit today for her followers who follow her for beauty, I thought it might be good. More bloody swatches of pixie pout 😭 I know she wants to push them but Jesus you don't see Suzanne Jackson swatching her palettes every other day. I like variety and lately Joanne has none. It's all Paul and pixie pout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

He's back.........

Yes hours and hours of her gym routine and him talking us through it!
    If people want to see that they can look on his business page!!

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I was thinking the same! There was more him than her on it today. And she had the cheek to say he's a guest speaker. Someone asked her why she has him on so much, he doesn't have snap chat and she wants him on it apparently. Seriously doesn't take much effort to set up his own account.
    She had a make up bit today for her followers who follow her for beauty, I thought it might be good. More bloody swatches of pixie pout 😭 I know she wants to push them but Jesus you don't see Suzanne Jackson swatching her palettes every other day. I like variety and lately Joanne has none. It's all Paul and pixie pout.

Just as I was starting to enjoy her content he pops back up when is she going to realise people follow her not him .. instead of doing endless snaps of him and her working out she could have done a YouTube video surely that makes more sense he's giving advice in 10 second snaps that disappear in 24 hours

Just tapped straight through that...YouTube would have been much better! Who is going to remember all of that info?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I don't mind the odd Snap of someone's friend or family member now and again but when they heavily feature them it's annoying.

Like FacesbyGrace; she features her child an AWFUL lot and it makes me wonder if she thinks people actually want to/enjoy watching her?
    She's a baby. One or two Snaps would be alright but I see so much of that child that it irritates me.

Or when a Snapper features their Mum or someone and it's like twenty Snaps long. I didn't follow you for your Mum. Realise this, will you!

ALSO, when Snappers post endless videos of their nights out. It's just groups of people screaming and dancing to loud music.
    How the hell is that entertaining for your followers?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Well judging by makeupfairy's latest snaps she's definitely reading this and isn't too thrilled with us "saddos."

• Advertisement

Muf went for lunch with a friend recently and said on snapchat that she didn't snap it because she didn't like to feature her friends. Either later that day or the following day her instagram story was a good 10-15 photos of her with various people she "can't wait to see" and "miss you".
    Not sure who they are as she doesn't involve friends in social media :D

Well judging by makeupfairy's latest snaps she's definitely reading this and isn't too thrilled with us "saddos."

I just saw this snap.
    Wow. Im shocked at how rude and nasty she is. Why on earth does she call people saddos because they find it boring to watch a make up bloggers boyfriend talk about her work out for 3+ hours!!

I quite liked her before and felt a little bit sorry for her, now I'm just shocked and yes I did unfollow her and I certainly won't be wasting money on any of her products if that's what she thinks of people.

Look at the end of the day I know I wasn't nasty about her in relation to what I said about her snapchat today. So that comment went over my head. I know I'm not a saddo.

The way I see it and think bloggers need to step back and see, their snapchat is essentially like reality tv. Your showing a chunk of your day to people and they are going to have an opinion about the comings and goings. Their content is of interest to the people who follow them so obviously we're gonna chat about like people chat about feckin love island or whatever. Obviously I don't condone nastiness. Snap chatters wouldn't be where they are without their follows so they should take on board what people like and dislike.

About himself, if some many people want to know details about the work outs and what Paul's about then why doesn't he set up a snapchat for that reason as it would be quite beneficial for him and his business ? Joanne then could do her thing and just have general fitness posts I suppose that's their choice!

i guess you have to choose weather watching the fitness stuff and paul is worth the rest of Joanne's content? Like if you like the beauty etc so you put up with the relationship side of things or you unfollow and just miss out on the content you like.

Guess that just what it's got to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

I think those snaps really showed immaturity on MUF part. This is exactly what I've been saying, it's IMPOSSIBLE to give any form of constructive critism without being called names. A businesswoman should be well able to accept feedback and actually listen to what her audience/customers are saying. I really admire her and love her snaps when it's actually her chit chatting about fun, interesting things. There has to be a point when she realises she needs to take on board what we're saying.

There's very little nastiness on this forum, but tonnes of constructive feedback. Most posters on this forum are on the same page too, so it's clearly not just one singular "saddo" saying these things out of spite.

Now obviously MUF is not the only blogger/influencer that refuses to accept any form of constructive criticism. But it seems that she is aware of what is being said here. Hopefully she also chooses to see the good things we are all saying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

I'm lost as to what "cheetos" on your fingers is all about !?

Sufitzy wrote: »
    I'm lost as to what "cheetos" on your fingers is all about !?

She always says the saddos sitting behind a screen typing horrible things about her are probably eating cheetos - it's a little joke she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

She's talking about the Facebook group 'galz who snap' and similar. She was sent screenshots and called out one person by name who hadn't said anything nasty about her at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I liked the snaps showing the workout but it would have been much better as a YouTube video where it could be watched again! (So if you are reading this Joanne please save and upload on youtube!!!)

BUT
    The rant and talking about all the food was to much and went on for wayyyy to long! He could have done that on his own page I know he does instastories and just told people who were interested in that to go to his page!

fima wrote: »
    She's talking about the Facebook group 'galz who snap' and similar. She was sent screenshots and called out one person by name who hadn't said anything nasty about her at all.

She's a banned topic an Galz who Snap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

She's a banned topic an Galz who Snap

Maybe a different one so, the new ma's who drink possibly? They're all the same

Advertisement