Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built In Bunk Beds - Carpenter?

• 04-02-2018 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭CD2017

Hi everyone,

Hoping your knowledge will be able to point me in the right direction.

Have just bought a new houses (new build) and my 7 year old has his heart set on bunk beds, we have lots of sleepovers etc so was hoping to get a double bunk on top and bottom and built in if at all possible..... I got a price from the only company I can find online who does them but I really got a shock when I saw the price...

I'll attach a photo with the general idea of what we want and I'm just wondering if you could tell me if most carpenters would be able to recreate something similar? I can only assume a small business or one man show might be more reasonable? If anyone in Carlow/Kilkenny area is interested in quoting me for it please PM me and I can forward more info to you.

Thanks for reading
    CD2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭CD2017

Anyone?? :confused:

• I'm sure if you ask your neighbours or look in the classifieds, golden pages online etc you will find the numbers of local carpenters. I'm sure they could help you out.

For example the guy that fitted my kitchen and did the skirting and doors etc. has been back and done built in wardrobes, walk in wardrobes and shelves and presses in a home office.

Buying the timber and cutting it to size and fitting anything is quite expensive. Maybe the carpenter would know a kitchen manufacturer that would make the pieces required

Edit. I'm in Mayo and I know 3 different guys who could take on a project like that. They must be around. Only a matter of finding them and looking for a recommendation for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

You can if course buy free standing bunk beds - your son will want to abandon them in a few years anyway so don't rush into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭CD2017

Thanks all, will give it a bit more thought I think

Advertisement