Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Vaccine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

enno99 wrote: »
    Harmful use of alcohol kills more than 3 million people each year, most of them men

Any progress on this front or is just flu like diseases they think is the big threat to society

Close the bars and off licences now ban all alcohol
    I mean its about saving lives :rolleyes:

What an utterly stupid analogy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Not really your peddling BS about saving lives
    what happened to all the flu deaths

98& less flu in southern hemisphere where did it go
    masks common sense stuff ?
    how come cases of covid rose in the same period

Is it not about saving lives ?

Not really your peddling BS about saving lives
    what happened to all the flu deaths

98& less flu in southern hemisphere where did it go
    masks common sense stuff ?
    how come cases of covid rose in the same period

Lol. Flu is an infectious ilness, why have cases decreased? Think..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Harmful use of alcohol kills more than 3 million people each year, most of them men

Globally an estimated 237 million men and 46 million women suffer from alcohol-use disorders with the highest prevalence among men and women in the European region (14.8% and 3.5%) and the Region of Americas (11.5% and 5.1%). Alcohol-use disorders are more common in high-income countries.

Any progress on this front or is just flu like diseases they think is the big threat to society

Close the bars and off licences now ban all alcohol
    I mean its about saving lives :rolleyes:

Alcohol abuse isn't infectious. We also have laws around protecting people from people that are drunk and protecting the person themselves.

Your analogy is stupid and you should feel bad.

• Advertisement

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

We're gonna need a bigger Bingo card

And as for vaccines you should be cheering on those who dont want or trust it
    I mean it will ensure you and your buddys will get it first
    we can see if you come out the other end unscathed

you tell me

Because masks/hand washing didnt work for covid 0r we would have 98% decrease

4ppron.jpg

you tell me

Because masks/hand washing didnt work for covid 0r we would have 98% decrease

Jesus christ..

• Advertisement

Alcohol abuse isn't infectious. We also have laws around protecting people from people that are drunk and protecting the person themselves.

Your analogy is stupid and you should feel bad.

No I highlighted commom sense measures to curb it
    but you ignore that to make a silly point

That was the point I was making
    Commom sense to alcohol problem ban it

its really that simple if you want to stop all the deaths and misery

would you agree ?

Jesus christ..

is he the answer:)

No I highlighted commom sense measures to curb it
    but you ignore that to make a silly point

That was the point I was making
    Commom sense to alcohol problem ban it

its really that simple if you want to stop all the deaths and misery

would you agree ?

No, I wouldn't agree with your nonsense. We have laws around drinking too much, driving, standards around working. These are common sense measures.

Similarly slowing the spread and eventually providing a vaccine are commonsense approaches.

No, I wouldn't agree with your nonsense. We have laws around drinking too much, driving, standards around working. These are common sense measures.

Similarly slowing the spread and eventually providing a vaccine are commonsense approaches.

laws are not working or the other measures you state so why not ban it

laws are not working or the other measures you state so why not ban it

We definitely could do more. However, this is pure whataboutery. If you want to start a thread on alcohol abuse away with you

In March, the New York Times published a bombshell report on alarming ties between the alcohol industry and the National Institutes of Health. Specifically, five alcohol companies helped fund — and potentially shaped the design of — a 7,800-person randomized controlled trial overseen by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, a center at the NIH. The trial is supposed to answer the long-simmering question of whether moderate drinking truly reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/3/21/17139036/health-effects-alcohol-moderate-drinking-nih

This might help explain it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

In March, the New York Times published a bombshell report on alarming ties between the alcohol industry and the National Institutes of Health. Specifically, five alcohol companies helped fund — and potentially shaped the design of — a 7,800-person randomized controlled trial overseen by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, a center at the NIH. The trial is supposed to answer the long-simmering question of whether moderate drinking truly reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/3/21/17139036/health-effects-alcohol-moderate-drinking-nih

This might help explain it

... What's this got to do with a vaccine conspiracy... Also what the hell is the conspiracy???

you tell me

You can do this. Think.

Why has an existing infectious illness reduced this year?

What changed in the world this year?

Bonus question (because I know you'll try to go down that rabbit hole): What's the difference between an infectious illness that's been around for a long time, and a new infectious illness?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

Xtrail14 wrote: »
    China are working on COVID 21 vaccine

Huh? any links please?

You can do this. Think.

Why has an existing infectious illness reduced this year?

What changed in the world this year?

Bonus question (because I know you'll try to go down that rabbit hole): What's the difference between an infectious illness that's been around for a long time, and a new infectious illness?

The test is flawed ask Kary B Mullins

People presenting with flu are being diagnosed with covid
    People dying with flu are dying with covid

really simple less flu more covid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mod: Cut out trying to compare a Vaccine for an infectious disease to alcohol intake and alcoholism, they should be in no way compared and it is just bringing the thread way off topic

The test is flawed ask Kary B Mullins

People presenting with flu are being diagnosed with covid
    People dying with flu are dying with covid

really simple less flu more covid

Anyway less people are getting the flu this year due to measures used to reduce Covid. Masks, social distancing, hand-washing, lockdown, etc obviously have an impact on any infectious illness that spreads with close contact. A newer more virulent/infectious disease is more likely to spread than an existing illness (which has vaccines, etc), but both will have their spread hampered to relative degrees by those measures.

My friend's wife is an ICU nurse. Some individuals are literally dying angry and confused because they don't believe the virus is real, or because they think it's all a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    define a significant allergy as opposed to an allergy

My allergy to flu jab was slight swelling and some discomfort = an allergy

Someone who smells a peanut, swells up and dies = a significant allergy.

Anyway less people are getting the flu this year due to measures used to reduce Covid. Masks, social distancing, hand-washing, lockdown, etc obviously have an impact on any infectious illness that spreads with close contact. A newer more virulent/infectious disease is more likely to spread than an existing illness (which has vaccines, etc), but both will have their spread hampered to relative degrees by those measures.

My friend's wife is an ICU nurse. Some individuals are literally dying angry and confused because they don't believe the virus is real, or because they think it's all a conspiracy.

Can we look forward to this every year so to save all who would die from Flu ?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

My allergy to flu jab was slight swelling and some discomfort = an allergy

Someone who smells a peanut, swells up and dies = a significant allergy.

Surely ta Jaysus the first batch of folk who got the vaccine would have been asked, allergic to any medicines allergic to shell fish e.g ? Not only is it procedure,
    but wouldn't they take good deep personal health details to see how first folk reacted. Good it's just 2 people and they recognized quickly though.

A long year, looks like the beginning of the end now, that's what (just a guess) 80% of the worlds top virologist etc, can do when working flat out. 👏🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

535675.JPG

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

We're gonna need a bigger Bingo card

my new wallpaper :p

4ppron.jpg

535676.JPG

Anyway less people are getting the flu this year due to measures used to reduce Covid. Masks, social distancing, hand-washing, lockdown, etc

source?

• Advertisement

Steve012 wrote: »
    A long year, looks like the beginning of the end now,

i dont share your optimism

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement