Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide - The Greatest Song from 2010s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just didn't stand out to me as a particularly great song I'm afraid.

giphy.gif

Don't worry JohnGreenFan, the sh*tlist only applies to this tournament and its only meant to be a bit of banter, you're not really my enemy, but you should know that I do hate you and you're a monster... ;)

Also, just so I can make sure my insults make sense, is the John Green you're a fan of the author or the stupid sport-hurler person?

It's been a while since I've actively sought out enemies in a tournament...

giphy.gif

I'll say Yay to all three as I'm in a good mood.
    Tame Impala is clearly the best of the three though. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I like them all so yays all around from me. Good start

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I will put up three more and that's yer lot till tomorrow :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Luis Fonsi feat. Daddy Yankee - Despacito

Billie Eilish - Ocean Eyes

Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Despacito - Nay
    Ocean Eyes - Yay
    Wrecking Ball - Nay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Yay
    Nay
    Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Purgative wrote: »
    Yay
    Nay
    Yay

Same for me please

Despacito - Nay
    Like an aldi Ricki Martin

Ocean Eyes - Yay, she's good

Wrecking Ball - yay, a guilty pleasure

• Advertisement

Nay ; I don't hate it, but its only alright compared to the other songs that have popped up so far, and was overplayed to death at the time, so I say send it to the prelims and have it fight for a spot in Round 1

Yay ; another of my nominations, think Billie Eilish has a fantastic voice and this song brings out the feels whenever I hear it, it has a really haunting atmosphere to it. I think I only ever listened to her properly after one of her songs popped up in a Walrus here last year, so one of the discoveries via Walrus

Yay ; there was so much talk and "controversy" about the video when this came out, that I think the song was a bit overshadowed, it's got a lot of heart to it and hard not to sing along whenever I hear it. Not on the same level as some of the other songs that have shown up, but I like it enough to give it a nod

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

No to those three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Don't worry JohnGreenFan, the sh*tlist only applies to this tournament and its only meant to be a bit of banter, you're not really my enemy, but you should know that I do hate you and you're a monster... ;)

Also, just so I can make sure my insults make sense, is the John Green you're a fan of the author or the stupid sport-hurler person?

It's been a while since I've actively sought out enemies in a tournament...

giphy.gif

I was a fan of the author when I made the account so yeah, that's who it refers to. Who's John Green the hurler?

I was a fan of the author when I made the account so yeah, that's who it refers to. Who's John Green the hurler?

So you can read then? Or did you just watch the film adaptations? ;)

I have no idea who the hurler is (can't stand sports), I just heard the name in passing there awhile back and it rung a bell because of your username. I had always assumed it was the author prior to that.

Yay to all three songs - would have been a Nay to despacito but I actually like the version without Justin Bieber

So you can read then? Or did you just watch the film adaptations? ;)

I have no idea who the hurler is (can't stand sports), I just heard the name in passing there awhile back and it rung a bell because of your username. I had always assumed it was the author prior to that.

would you believe I've only seen the film adaptation of one of them, actually.

hahahahaha you're mixing the author up with John Mullane so #ILovesMeCounty

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Despacito - Absolutely not, utter muck.

Ocean Eyes - Nay, not Billie's finest effort.

Wrecking Ball - Absolutely yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Yay
    Nay
    Yay

would you believe I've only seen the film adaptation of one of them, actually.

That's one more than I've seen so. I only know him by reputation, haven't read or seen any of his stuff.

Ah lookit, I can't stay mad at someone who has a nod to literature (even if I don't know whether he's any good or not) in their username, at least it means you're more well read than most of the scruffs around here. :D

giphy.gif

Despacito - Nay, might have been tolerable if it wasn't overplayed to death.
    Ocean Eyes - Yay, not the Billie one I nominated but still quite nice.
    Wrecking Ball - Yay, it's a decent enough tune even if she herself was unbearable at the time (thankfully she seems to have grown up and mellowed out a bit now, and does have a good voice tbf)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Yay for Tame Impala - I'm not a fan of their music in general, but I like this one
    No vote for Adele - I appreciate how great her voice is but her music does nothing for me
    Yay for Ward Thomas - great build up from the verses to the chorus and I really like the drum rhythm in the last chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Yay for Despacito - just because I have great memories from a summer holiday with my best friends with this being on heavy rotation
    Nay for Billie Eilish - I honestly don't get the hype about her
    Yay for Miley - I grew to like her somewhat in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

YAYS for Miley, Justin and Adele

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

ack
    ack
    ack

(that's YAY for all three please) - well all 6

@Tusk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Mirrors by Justin Timberlake is a pretty good tune. I hope it has been nominated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Mirrors by Justin Timberlake is a pretty good tune. I hope it has been nominated.

Nominations are still open so ...

I haven't nominated it.

I actually managed to find 15 songs!
    Thought I wouldn't get 5

So currently our scores look like this:

Song Name Yay Nay
    Tame Impala - Feels Like We Only Go Backwards 7 2
    Adele - Someone Like You 8 2
    Ward Thomas - Guilty Flowers 8 1
    Luis Fonsi feat. Daddy Yankee - Despacito 7 6
    Billie Eilish - Ocean Eyes 6 6
    Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball 11 2

Looking like all bar Billie Eilish will be going straight into Round 1 currently... (scores even means they go to the prelims)

If people want three more songs I think we might stretch to that today, will help thin the pool for the prelims anyways :D

Can confirm it has been submitted.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    If people want three more songs I think we might stretch to that today, will help thin the pool for the prelims anyways :D

giphy.gif

Advertisement