18-11-2020, 23:47   #1
Shlippery

Nespresso - 'Gifting Friday' Vertuo Machine + Aerocinno 3+ 100 Capsules €99

Maybe low hanging fruit as it appears in this forum a fair bit.
https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/black-friday

I'd just bought the €99 deal before the frother was thrown into the mix as well two weeks ago and pretty impressed so far and handy for the WFH situation.

Sure the capsules are expensive at 70c each...but it scratches an itch and is cheaper than heading to cafe next door daily!

I much prefer my Vertuo to the original nespresso machine, it just means you're tied into their ecosystem of capsules and can't buy third party ones...but for €99 its' a steal...

Big pro for me was that it pours big large mugs of coffee instead of using the original capsules and filling with water,

If you look at the RRPs..

Machine €99 (apparently down from €189)
Aerocinno €70
100 capsules (€50/60 quid)
20 or so sample capsules they add in.
and 1st/6th month free voucher.
Advertisement
19-11-2020, 01:20   #2
garrettod

Hi,

It certainly looks like a good deal, and it's probably cheaper than using two Lungo capsuls, if you want a large coffee regularly.

Given you've got both machines, any suggestions for a comparable coffee to the Fortissio Lungo please?

... Why they don't offer the same coffees in both the Lungo and larger capsuls, is beyond me (and frustrating, tbh).

Thanks.
19-11-2020, 09:28   #3
bleuhh

Nice deal, thanks OP! Have the Vertuo one too and I absolutely love it. Think I'll get this for my mother for Christmas.
19-11-2020, 09:43   #4
893bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuhh View Post
Nice deal, thanks OP! Have the Vertuo one too and I absolutely love it. Think I'll get this for my mother for Christmas.
And keep the aerocini and pods I bet.....
(2) thanks from:
19-11-2020, 11:21   #5
Shlippery

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettod View Post
Hi,

It certainly looks like a good deal, and it's probably cheaper than using two Lungo capsuls, if you want a large coffee regularly.

Given you've got both machines, any suggestions for a comparable coffee to the Fortissio Lungo please?

... Why they don't offer the same coffees in both the Lungo and larger capsuls, is beyond me (and frustrating, tbh).

Thanks.
Yea, i'm still trying them all and finding what I like - I think 'Fortado Lungo' is probably the one you're looking for. (150ml)

I normally settle for whatever capsule I have that's Mug sized and go from there

It'll pour any of the following depending on what capsule you use:

Espresso (40ml)
Double Espresso (80ml)
Gran Lungo (150ml)
Mug (230ml)
Alto (414ml)

I've my Aeropress and grinder if I want to use fresh beans...but I can't deny the Vertuo is far more convenient while working from home and getting me through the day.

I couldn't justify spending €500+ on a D'elonghi / bean to cup (limited kitchen space) so the Vertuo ticked most of the boxes at a reasonable price!

(I had the original machine pre-COVID, but wasn't using it enough as I had unlimited coffee in the office / never worked from home... so left it at my parents house hence the need for a new one for myself)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-11-2020, 12:52   #6
Nigel Fairservice

I thought it was a good deal even before they threw the milk frother in it. I bought an Aerocino separately a few months back. It really makes the whole thing.
19-11-2020, 13:04   #7
893bet

Do you have to get the subscription as part of this one?

Considering as a gift.
19-11-2020, 13:09   #8
Buttros

As far as I know the subscription is basically you credit 20 eur a month to your nespresso account to use whenever. It doesn't mean to get a delivery every month which is what I had wrongly assumed. Getting first and 6th month credit added free is handy. In 6 months bang in a big order and cancel the sub.

I havent gotten a sub myself yet...... so open to correction but was reading up on this during the week.

I think you activate the sub afterwards I meant to add.
Thanks from:
19-11-2020, 13:15   #9
Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fairservice View Post
I thought it was a good deal even before they threw the milk frother in it. I bought an Aerocino separately a few months back. It really makes the whole thing.
Yep I got this offer the last time for €99 without the frothed and bought it separately. This is fantastic value IMO
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-11-2020, 13:37   #10
LowOdour

Are there reusable pods available for this?
19-11-2020, 13:48   #11
Shlippery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
Do you have to get the subscription as part of this one?

Considering as a gift.
Nope! You'll get one (massive) black bag from a courier containing machine and capsules (and I imagine the frother too now)

It included a voucher for 2 free months subscription (1st and 6th month), it's a little scratch card but it's completely optional. (no requirement for 24 month sub like the previous 'free' machine offer

I tried it yesterday and it gave me €34 credit to use on the nespresso store / option to cancel any time..
(2) thanks from:
19-11-2020, 15:33   #12
baingal nancer

Was about to purchase a Lavazza pod machine untill I seen this deal, glad I waited now
19-11-2020, 15:50   #13
Quackster

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlippery View Post
Nope! You'll get one (massive) black bag from a courier containing machine and capsules (and I imagine the frother too now)

It included a voucher for 2 free months subscription (1st and 6th month), it's a little scratch card but it's completely optional. (no requirement for 24 month sub like the previous 'free' machine offer

I tried it yesterday and it gave me €34 credit to use on the nespresso store / option to cancel any time..
So you can redeem the first month's free credit and then cancel the subscription straight away?
19-11-2020, 17:17   #14
Shlippery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
So you can redeem the first month's free credit and then cancel the subscription straight away?
Yea, I was staring at the scratch card for ages thinking there must be a catch, and typed it in for the craic last night.

It's €30 p/m plan. It charges you €1 to 'activate' the subscription (I used my Revolut) ...then you get €30 + €1 activation charge and an extra €3 because they're just giving away money.

and then I can clearly see a 'cancel' plan which just asks 'why'

So, if they throw this scratch card in with the bargain, it's probably an even better deal.

Coffee Machine
Frother
100 capsules
20 or so selection box of capsules
and €34 credit for the nespresso store in the form of a 'subscription'(which I think can be used on anything, including accessories??)

I must sound like some sort of Nespresso shill by now, but feckin hell that's mad value, they must have insane margins on the coffee and an abundance of Aerocinno 3's to flog!
(2) thanks from:
19-11-2020, 17:49   #15
ED E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlippery View Post
I must sound like some sort of Nespresso shill by now, but feckin hell that's mad value, they must have insane margins on the coffee and an abundance of Aerocinno 3's to flog!
They're flooding the market. If they can get a load of Nespresso v1 machines into the bin and replaced with Vertuo long term they win out.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion