Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Show us your brew - post your photos here

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I made a rauchbier today, its in the fermenter, no action yet but I'm hopful that I'll end up with a good un.

I made this out of the spent grain. Some of it wasnt cooked in the middle but the ends tasted amazing. Will be doing this each brewday from now on.

225508.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

8121644729_e1db116245.jpg

A partial-mash, cask-conditioned, single-hop pale ale done with simcoe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Opened a bottle of my Coopers Real Ale last night. I used honey in this one.
    It was 3 weeks in the primary and two weeks in the bottle as of last night. I just wanted to see how it was coming along and I have to say I'm delighted with it. You can smell the honey from it and it tastes delicious. It retains it's head really well.

CameraZOOM-20121123220418154.jpg

CameraZOOM-20121123222158589.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

engrish? wrote: »
    I made a rauchbier today, its in the fermenter, no action yet but I'm hopful that I'll end up with a good un.

I made this out of the spent grain. Some of it wasnt cooked in the middle but the ends tasted amazing. Will be doing this each brewday from now on.

225508.JPG

Do give us recipe for using spent grain for bread would it work with any mashed grains?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

8271760375_385d6f6170.jpg

Started off at an attempt at an Imperial Stout, but the balance of chocolate malt to the rest of the grain was way off, and various ruinous yeast-explosions meant it never got down below 1.035, so... it's now a double chocolate stout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Single hop lager (Tettnang)...

0b19aeac470011e2a64f22000a1f968e_7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

slayerking wrote: »
    First pint out of the new kegerator build...

An Irish stout...

imag0070ja.jpg
    why did you replace the taps that came with the tower for the golden ones, i have the same golden taps and looking to mount them?

adamski8 wrote: »
    why did you replace the taps that came with the tower for the golden ones, i have the same golden taps and looking to mount them?

I bought the tower on its own with out taps. Already had taps.

My whiskey aged Coopers Dark Ale/Irish Stout combo.
    I brought a few bottles of this up to the christmas family get together yesterday and it went down quite well :D
    8297473481_35c0e20ffe_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

slayerking wrote: »
    I bought the tower on its own with out taps. Already had taps.

Did you get those taps from me?

• Advertisement

Tube wrote: »
    Did you get those taps from me?

I did indeed?!

Westwood wrote: »
    Do give us recipe for using spent grain for bread would it work with any mashed grains?

Sorry - I only saw this now. I use this recipe

http://www.topfermented.com/2010/02/01/homebrew-making-bread-with-spent-grain/

My All Grain Rauchbier, delighted with how this came out. Had far too much of it last night though...

Hj00D

Embedded photo does not seem to be working http://imgur.com//Hj00D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Blackberry wine

wquc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Boddingtons 1987 mild form Ron pattinson blog and "Let's Brew Wednesday" served through a sparkler as god intended

275c87d1-5e59-4f80-988c-ef9dcc4b2655_zps5f775de3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

Here`s a Chocolate Vanilla milk stout I made recently , its very luscious so only a couple at a time , not session ,but very tasty all the same , very happy with it :)

cdtp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

that is one white head!!

willabur wrote: »
    that is one white head!!

Yeah its a proper head alright ,i poured from a 5ltr keg ,i wish i had nitro : )

Heres a Wheat Beer i brewed in the Summer , I used Coriander and Curaco Orange , it was Very refreshing

hxdn.jpg

Some quality looking brews coming on here, keep them coming lads, fair play to all.

Blackberry wine.

4ubi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

This is Muntons Santa's Winter Warmer. I did a taste test over the weekend. It had been two weeks in the bottle. Very happy with it. Should be even better in a few weeks.

G55wZcNTrgUcka6cVE_6LuJFlygovOb7j9RQx-A1Ypw=w310-h414-p-no

o2qc.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

my latest stout:

Had to take the kettle apart to change the element halfway through. It's up at 8.5% now, dumped some cocoa nibs in yesterday, bottling in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,724 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Edwardius wrote: »
    my latest stout:

Had to take the kettle apart to change the element halfway through. It's up at 8.5% now, dumped some cocoa nibs in yesterday, bottling in a week.

argh - turn the camera!!

otherwise nice video. Did you just fit a standard kettle element to a standard plastic FV?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

loyatemu wrote: »
    argh - turn the camera!!

otherwise nice video. Did you just fit a standard kettle element to a standard plastic FV?

I plan to do another one with better quality next week, it was a bit rough and ready, I was just using my phone to capture the process so it was always gonna be ropey!

Fitted a 2200W element from an old kettle to the fermenter and made a ghetto hop strainer too, tap+plumbing are from woodies. The vessel Polypropylene, same as an "electrim" boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 miggs

The picture is my elderberry wine.
    I also have 50L of blackberry wine fermenting and another gallon of beetroot wine. Will take pics soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

tumblr_mv6r35Jd0U1sv2c10o1_1280.jpg

My recent oatmeal stout. Nicest stout I have made. Going into a competition soon (dont expect to win - serious competition in the stout category (BJCP:13).

Brewferm Grand Cru , brewed in June for Christmas

Quick update , opened a bottle yesterday , nice rich malty flavour and caramel taste with fruitness ,kind of raisins too

Very dark in colour , not like picture on can at all ,more amber than Gold , maybe Golden syrup did it with colour?

But tastes good , so happy overall
    Coming along nicely

w36w.jpg

Stout on nitro

BcRZTBKIEAAWb0I.jpg:small

• Advertisement
Advertisement