Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

X Factor 2011 (UK) - The Last 4 Weeks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

X FACTOR judge Louis Walsh is ready to step in and mentor Irish hopeful Janet Devlin.

Louis, who is a huge fan of Janet, hopes to help out the budding star on the series and believes she can give the country a huge lift.

"I told Janet that I would give her any help she needed," said the judge, who now has no more acts in the competition.

"She is an amazing talent and the Irish have to stick together. Kelly has three acts left so, obviously, she is divided in three ways," said the 59-year-old, adding that the Irish people need to get behind Janet now more than ever.

He has been dying to get his hands on her to mentor her.Is there a chance Louis will be her agent.:)

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/ill-step-in-to-mentor-our-janet-now-all-my-acts-are-gone-louis-2936418.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Louis's 59? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 84,805 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone see all four judges on Alan Carr's talk show Lulu seemed the most fun imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

While I do admire Mary Byrne a lot and wish her all the best in her career in entertainment, I have to admit, there is no comparison, IMO, between her and Susan Boyle. Susan has a soulfulness and refinement to her voice that, sadly, MaBy lacks. Just my opinion.

Also, to backtrack - re Kitty. Frankly, I have never liked her voice - but do admit she can sing. I believe her role is on the stage, but in ACTING. I don't know why nobody seems to have mentioned that before. Maybe she could get a role in a soap as a femme fatale, trouble maker. No offense meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone see all four judges on Alan Carr's talk show Lulu seemed the most fun imo

I think Gary, Kelly and Tulisa needed to show their fun side on TV because they're not coming across too well on X factor. I think Gary and Kelly take themselves too serious sometimes.

Louis is hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,805 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

By the looks of things, they are gearing up for a Amelia vs Mischa B final.

Misha dont deserve a spot in the final imo hope she goes this weekend

No but i saw Marcus and Craig on BBC and little mix on the morning show or something.They came off very well.

But havent seen Misha Janet or Amelia interviews.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

caseyann wrote: »
    No but i saw Marcus and Craig on BBC and little mix on the morning show or something.They came off very well.

BBC one after 9 o'clock they were on.
    I missed it. :(

Biggins wrote: »
    BBC one after 9 o'clock they were on.
    I missed it. :(

No way :( I was looking around for them dammit.
    Google is our friend? th_1lg003prayer1.gif

Found Janet interview here so far at movie premiere.
    http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a351341/janet-devlin-on-movies-week-louis-critics-twilight-premiere-video.html

oh one thing i was wondering about gaga,what the hell was she doing standing there so long with head to side for.Was he hair going to fall off or got a creak in neck? LOL :D

I found their interview but can not see it.http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=289646 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Must repress illegal thoughts about jamet and amelia together...

They're both 17, legal here and ancient for the UK, legal age is 16 there.

Fap away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Can't see Janet doing any tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Aren't they obligated to as part of their X Factor contract?

Misticles wrote: »
    Can't see Janet doing any tbh.

Doing what Misticles,an interview?
    http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the...ere-video.html

They did one tis morning aswell on http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=289646 But i cant see it can you?

I heard a rumour on radio while Louis admitted to stirring the remaining acts up lol
    I couldnt hear the other spoilers with noise :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Courageous Rabbit

Doing what Misticles,an interview?
    http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the...ere-video.html

They did one tis morning aswell on http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=289646 But i cant see it can you?

I heard a rumour on radio while Louis admitted to stirring the remaining acts up lol
    Janet singing (kiss me) and Amelia singing I will always love you.
    I couldnt hear the other spoilers with noise :mad:

Why are they giving that song to Amelia!!! :mad: It's boring as f*ck and it's been done to death!! Of all the songs....!!

Actually think Janet's one will suit her voice. I think she'll pull it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

Must repress illegal thoughts about jamet and amelia together...

They're both 17, legal here and ancient for the UK, legal age is 16 there.

Fap away.
    http://mobile.theonion.com/articles/man-knows-unsettling-amount-about-nationwide-ageof,3716/?mobile=true

I will refrain if that is all the same to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I thought Tulisa was fun doing the double jointed thingy. It was a great bit of TV the 4 of them on that show.

I think Alan Carr would make any interview entertaining even Terry Wogan :rolleyes:

Ugh, shut UP Janet! Pretentious twaddle!

"All my favourite movies are quite unknown, and so are the soundtracks"

:rolleyes:

http://xfactor.itv.com/2011/backstage/story/read_backstage-goss-from-the-studio_item_100219.htm

phasers wrote: »

http://xfactor.itv.com/2011/backstage/story/read_backstage-goss-from-the-studio_item_100219.htm

Whats wrong with what she said :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Whats wrong with what she said :confused:

neverheard.jpg?1267066702

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

To be fair,who had even heard of the Jackson 5 or Queen before she sang their songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Namlub wrote: »
    To be fair,who had even heard of the Jackson 5 or Queen before she sang their songs?

And who the hell is this "Elton John" guy, and why is he copying all of Elle Goulding's songs? :mad:

The movies she likes she means are not usually popular movies.:rolleyes:

Quazzie wrote: »
    neverheard.jpg?1267066702

haters.jpg

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It seems my snap judgement of her about 6 weeks ago was absolutely spot-on.

amacachi wrote: »
    It seems my snap judgement of her about 6 weeks ago was absolutely spot-on.
    As soon as she said "I prefer not to wear shoes when I perform because it keeps me grounded" I knew she'd be all

enhanced-buzz-9722-1297194396-44.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

As soon as she said "I prefer not to wear shoes when I perform because it keeps me grounded" I knew she'd be all

enhanced-buzz-9722-1297194396-44.jpg

My favorite was when she went on about having no friends and not talking to anyone, accidentily being obvious that she chose to do so. :pac:

The "grounded" comment led to probably the biggest groan in my presence since my conception.

@lizt ,i avoided posting this in predictions thread so not to clutter it and make harder for you.
    Craig really :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Why are they giving that song to Amelia!!! :mad: It's boring as f*ck and it's been done to death!! Of all the songs....!!

Unlikely that Amelia will be singing that, seeing as Sammi already sang it in week 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

@lizt ,i avoided posting this in predictions thread so not to clutter it and make harder for you.
    Craig really :eek:

Yes! I'm beginning to get bored of him... just can't call it this week. Janet has had a few really bad weeks but she has been voted through so I think at this point she could go on and sing happy birthday and still get through.

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    Yes! I'm beginning to get bored of him... just can't call it this week. Janet has had a few really bad weeks but she has been voted through so I think at this point she could go on and sing happy birthday and still get through.

She will come back :)
    The thing is is there a market for craig,or he has to find his market and style still.
    Frankie has the most followers on twitter would you believe,so is possible he could have won it :eek:

Advertisement