Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Questions about basin wastes

Options
  • 25-05-2020 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to replace the waste in one of the bathroom sinks. It is a click clack type but am going to replace it with a different mechanism as they have given nothing but trouble

In terms of sizing, are all basin wastes pretty much a standard size? If not, what exactly is the measurement that is used? The chrome part that is visible in the sink is 40mm diameter but I don't think that is what they are talking about

Second question, I am going to use plumber's mait as it seems to be the best option when it comes to sealing. The only thing I am not sure about is do you put it on the underside of the sink, the top side or both?

Thanks!

Advertisement