Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Helly Hansen - Any orders Processed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just off the phone to them & there is a delay in shipping due to the volume of orders they received using the discount code (it was much more succesful than anticipated he said :) ).

He said the card will be charged again when the products will be shipped and he said they are expecting to clear their backlog completely this week, maybe even today. So looking good.

Sounds good but I would've thought that once a transaction 'times out' and gets reverted then you as the credit card holder would need to authorise it again. Hopefully I'm wrong. My pending charge disappeared as well today. At this stage I'm not too bothered, if it does get processed some time over the next 2 weeks then great, if not then no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I'm not sure why he'd say it was much more successful than anticipated if we were using it when we probably shouldn't have been? Or was he implying the whole pro account thing is new so they're up the walls?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Got an email now from H/H just now telling me my order is being shipped!

E mac wrote: »

Was money taken again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭downtheroad

E mac wrote: »

Nice. How many items had you ordered? And had the payment been returned to your account?

I ordered 3 items, and the pending payment in my bank account was returned to me last night. Hoping the order will go through still.

• Advertisement

Presumably, I'll check when I've a chance.

Nice. How many items had you ordered? And had the payment been returned to your account?

I ordered 3 items, and the pending payment in my bank account was returned to me last night. Hoping the order will go through still.

Just the one item. A jacket for €140 discounted to €56. If I'd more time I'd have prob gone a bit 'quare' buying anything and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭SteM

Has anyone received an order with more than one item in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ricey3509

SteM wrote: »
    Has anyone received an order with more than one item in it?

Just got notification that my order with 3 items has just shipped ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Just off the phone to them & there is a delay in shipping due to the volume of orders they received using the discount code (it was much more succesful than anticipated he said :) ).

He said the card will be charged again when the products will be shipped and he said they are expecting to clear their backlog completely this week, maybe even today. So looking good.

Just when I had completely given up. 5 items in my order. Fingers Crossed.

dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267ea271579118ef4292ffb25c6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Pending transaction disappearred from account. No contact from them. I wont be getting my order id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't know how your card can be charged again without you knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭This is it

rob316 wrote: »

Yep, makes no sense to me either

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Got 2 separate deliveries last Friday only a few days after ordering.

Delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Did anyone who received a dispatch notification and recharge on your CC in the last day or two use Revolut?

I got a notification last night that the transaction was reverted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

BullBauld wrote: »
    Got 2 separate deliveries last Friday only a few days after ordering.

Delighted with it.

If this is true then there seems to be no system to it
    I ordered 2 orders on the Monday first thing & have heard nothing since.

I only joined HH on the 2nd order & that's stuck at processing.
    I've no way of knowing the status of the first.

Hopefully the reports from the people who rang are correct and they'll get through the backlog this week

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

5 items ordered totaling €96, payment reverted back to my revolut this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Did anyone who received a dispatch notification and recharge on your CC in the last day or two use Revolut?

its probably gone past 7 days since you placed the order, the money will come out again. its just more noticeable on revoult as you get notifications on it, happens a good bit.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,943 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

rob316 wrote: »

Just on this, my wife bought something the other week, checked her bank to see the transaction went through....no problem

Check again about five days later to see a new transaction from the same company, for the same amount was put through.

Rang the company who said as follows :
    "we put through a transaction when the order comes in, to make sure there's money in the account... Then we refund that transaction.... And don't put through the actual transaction until the delivery goes out"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but that's what they said.

So there's must be some facility for some companies to go in twice to your account.

Have they permission to hold your card details and cvc for so long I wonder??

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Just on this, my wife bought something the other week, checked her bank to see the transaction went through....no problem

Check again about five days later to see a new transaction from the same company, for the same amount was put through.

Rang the company who said as follows :
    "we put through a transaction when the order comes in, to make sure there's money in the account... Then we refund that transaction.... And don't put through the actual transaction until the delivery goes out"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but that's what they said.

So there's must be some facility for some companies to go in twice to your account.

Have they permission to hold your card details and cvc for so long I wonder??

Harvey Norman did this with me a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Yes, but that is standard practice if the payment wasn’t claimed by the merchant within 8 or 9 or so days. Happens with Amazon / Lego etc if you order something and it doesn’t ship for a couple of weeks.

They can usually resubmit the transaction when the order is filled without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

Dispatch email received there for 3 items. Money was reverted back to my account yesterday but expecting it to be taken again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I just got an email for the shipment of my 2 item order. The payment was reverted yesterday and there is actually no pending charges on my credit card from Helly Hansen at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jayjbe

Good news. Just got shipping confirmation of one order. 7 items. I have 2 orders in total.

Fair do's to HH for honoring the orders. Will be a regular customer in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Transaction cancelled. Oh well

Initial order put in Sunday 17. Money pending until Monday 25 when Transaction dropped from my account.
    Just now got an order shipped mail with tracking link. Account has not been charged again but I presume that is just a delay in online banking update.

5 item order so looks like they are honouring orders but are delayed quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Just got an email for shipment of my 3 items. Funds had not been taken from my account and were returned on Monday. I'm sure they'll charge the card again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Just got an email notifying me that my offer has shipped. 7 items ordered, original value just over €500, so almost a €300 saving!! Thanks OP and fair play to HH for honouring the order

Also just got my shipping mail.
    No money taken from account however

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

My money was returned to my account too . Just received email this minute that the 2 items I ordered has shipped.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

I think all orders will be fulfilled

Advertisement