Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just "don't get"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

And albums that only radio dj's seem to like. Do they teach this in dj college or something. Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys for instance, every dj ever gushes about what a masterpiece it is, pure genius etc.
    Everyone in the real world just thinks it's a pile of meh.

Speak for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

snobbery

• Registered Users Posts: 15,631 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Maybe one day you'll be in a serious relationship with someone and you'll discover for yourself that you'd rather be with them than in the pub with some guys.

Jaysus it's like it's impossible to do both.
    You sound like great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Would it be fair to say rather than life going out the window you make some adjustments to keep the old aspects while enjoying the new aspects that come with a new baby?
    And buy a baby wrap.

• . Starting on the Friday night and only stopping on the Sunday evening. Nothing beats it.

No better way on this earth to spend a weekend! Have one coming up in a few weeks and my mouth is watering already thinking about it!! from around 5:30 on Friday until Sunday evening sleeping is about the only time there won’t be a pint in hand (well cans sometimes instead of a pint as there will be cans beside the bed for having a cure first thing on sat/Sunday morning before heading down for the hotel brekkie :pac::D).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Jaysus it's like it's impossible to do both.
    You sound like great craic.
    It's impossible to sustain a great relationship if you are an immature person who'd rather spend their time in the pub getting wasted with a bunch of other immature people who want to live their lives like teenagers, not that I'm saying that applies to you. Life means getting older, that means people mature and want to spend less time in the pub. When someone finds a partner they love and they settle down, maybe have some kids, then they want to spend their time with their loved ones not on a bar stool talking crap with 'the lads having pints'. Your argument of basically if someone doesn't agree with you must be boring is quite telling.

• It's impossible to sustain a great relationship if you are an immature person who'd rather spend their time in the pub getting wasted with a bunch of other immature people who want to live their lives like teenagers, not that I'm saying that applies to you. Life means getting older, that means people mature and want to spend less time in the pub. When someone finds a partner they love and they settle down, maybe have some kids, then they want to spend their time with their loved ones not on a bar stool talking crap with 'the lads having pints'. Your argument of basically if someone doesn't agree with you must be boring is quite telling.

There is plenty of time in the week for people to spend with their partner/kids etc that still allows going for pints once or twice a week and an odd weekend away with the lads. It's an unhealthy relationship that isolates people from their friends imo.

You know that women like to go out and meet their friends also for nights out too? It's not just a lads thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

No better way on this earth to spend a weekend! Have one coming up in a few weeks and my mouth is watering already thinking about it!! from around 5:30 on Friday until Sunday evening sleeping is about the only time there won’t be a pint in hand (well cans sometimes instead of a pint as there will be cans beside the bed for having a cure first thing on sat/Sunday morning before heading down for the hotel brekkie :pac::D).

Good man, Nox. Keep her lit. Do you get hangovers at all? I went on a session that started on Thursday afternoon and finished up early Sunday morning. Drank at least half a barrel of porter if I drank a drop. Feeling a bit emotionally vulnerable today if I’m being honest.

• Good man, Nox. Keep her lit. Do you get hangovers at all? I went on a session that started on Thursday afternoon and finished up early Sunday morning. Drank at least half a barrel of porter if I drank a drop. Feeling a bit emotionally vulnerable today if I’m being honest.

Ah yeah if I drink enough I'd be feeling it alright but I'd just get on with the day. Very heavy weekends like the above the morning cure is a god send, can or two and then you are fit for the biggest breakfast a man could eat. Back on the sauce then for the day after! Bliss!

There is plenty of time in the week for people to spend with their partner/kids etc that still allows going for pints once or twice a week and an odd weekend away with the lads. It's an unhealthy relationship that isolates people from their friends imo.

You know that women like to go out and meet their friends also for nights out too? It's not just a lads thing.
    You clearly haven't got a clue about long term relationships. You equate someone who wants to spend their free time with their partner and kids as being 'isolated and in an unhealthy relationship, it genuinely seems beyond your comprehension that people grow up and grow out of the binge drinking crap. Normal people don't leave their partner/kids for a weekend to go on the piss with the lads/lasses. You are seriously missing the point that your friends who don't want to do that anymore possibly think you're a bit of a tosser and they'd like you to just stop nagging them to go out drinking with you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Nowt wrong with the odd drink bender, we all need a blow out now and again. I love it myself.
    But the lads with families who do it every weekend and basically spend the majority of the weekend in a pub or in bed hungover are sub human arseholes imo.
    But of course each to their own and all that, some lads will just never grow up, it's their kids I feel sorry for,for having a waster for a father.
    I know of one fella who does it regular, he has a great wife at home who is basically left to mind the kids all weekend,she makes excuses for him and tries to laugh it off but you can tell its hurting her.

• You clearly haven't got a clue about long term relationships. You equate someone who wants to spend their free time with their partner and kids as being 'isolated and in an unhealthy relationship, it genuinely seems beyond your comprehension that people grow up and grow out of the binge drinking crap. Normal people don't leave their partner/kids for a weekend to go on the piss with the lads/lasses. You are seriously missing the point that your friends who don't want to do that anymore possibly think you're a bit of a tosser and they'd like you to just stop nagging them to go out drinking with you.

Well since I'm happily married for a number of years (and with my wife for close to a decade) I think I have a very large "clue" about long term relationships.

Are you seriously saying normal people don't leave their partner/kids for a weekend away with the lads/girls every now and then (the people with kids are often the ones most itching to get away for a weekend to have a break from the kids)? This is a totally normal thing among people I know, people I work with etc etc. I don't personally have any friends who don't want to go out drinking anymore be they married, have kids or whatever. Might not be quite as often as before but its still quite regular for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

people calling stuff people say as a "take" feck off

Well since I'm happily married for a number of years (and with my wife for close to a decade) I think I have a very large "clue" about long term relationships.

Are you seriously saying normal people don't leave their partner/kids for a weekend away with the lads/girls every now and then (the people with kids are often the ones most itching to get away for a weekend to have a break from the kids)? This is a totally normal thing among people I know, people I work with etc etc. I don't personally have any friends who don't want to go out drinking anymore be they married, have kids or whatever. Might not be quite as often as before but its still quite regular for most.
    Yeah, of course you do.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Well im with my partner 29 years.And nobody is saying you cant go for a few drinks o a weekend away.The problem stems when people only do that,and dont spend enough time with their partner or kids.

I go our now and again,suits me.Hes the same.Horses for courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Thought I stumbled into the personal issues feedback forum there for a moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

I don't get how difficult it is to buy new black shoes for men with flat soles and laces.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Why the hell the veg container is in the bottom of the fridge.Would it not make more sense for it to be on the top shelf.So stuff doesnt get squashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Politics.

Also, people who vote who tell non voters never to be complaining.

I don't vote, and people often tell me I've no right to complain because of it.

To this day I have no idea what it is they think I complain about that would warrant me to vote for some sort of change.

For example: I hate the sound of kids screaming in a housing estate for hours on end. I hate excessive sunlight and I hate the heat during summer. I also can't stand certain kinds of music............. should I shut up about all of that because I don't vote???

What am I whining about? They seem to know something I don't.....

The ironic thing is, though, is that voters do more complaining than me from what I've seen. I have never heard anyone ever say "sure our government is great!" in the 16 years I've lived here.... Same with the UK, too.....

I'm quite a pleasant person to talk to altogether, as well. So I don't know where this opinion comes from that I "have no right to moan" when they haven't a clue who I am. Even worse when it's people who know me....

I don't vote because I genuinely don't give a shıte. I do me and focus on my own day to day. I get up, I go to work, I come home, I eat dinner, I play video games, I watch a movie, go to sleep, rinse and repeat.

If you want to vote, good for you. I hope that whatever it is you want in life goes well for you. But me, I'm happy with what's in front of me.

I would say if you don’t vote, don’t complain about politics.
    Im sure nobody would have a problem if you complained about other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Maybe one day you'll be in a serious relationship with someone and you'll discover for yourself that you'd rather be with them than in the pub with some guys.

With some women the longer you're with them the more you want to be in the pub away from them.

• Advertisement

I don't get when people say your life goes out the window when you have a baby. Only if your life is all nightlife in pubs but you can bring them with you most places. There are baby wraps.

Technically true that you can go anywhere but it is a LOT of extra work making sure you have spare clothes, nappies, wipes, food for baby and you, calculating the return time to be in line with the feeding of the baby. Basically you are always counting down to the next feed.

Also a lot of hassle lifting baby in and out of car seats, buggy etc.

It is kind of like trying to pee in turbulent airplane while playing whack a mole. Eventually you will get the job done but it will be hard work and will involve cleaning up a mess at some point also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It is kind of like trying to pee in turbulent airplane while playing whack a mole. Eventually you will get the job done but it will be hard work and will involve cleaning up a mess at some point also.

And yet people still have them as par for course... Don't get that myself!

And yet people still have them as par for course... Don't get that myself!

Haha that is a logical reasoning!

As a new father I think it is 95 per cent hard work and a magical 5 per cent of fluffy good times. Definitely enriches your life and gives a new purpose though.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

As a new father I think it is 95 per cent hard work and a magical 5 per cent of fluffy good times. Definitely enriches your life and gives a new purpose though.

Have to agree there is a lot of ****e but the good stuff outweighs the crappy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

dubstarr wrote: »
    Why the hell the veg container is in the bottom of the fridge.Would it not make more sense for it to be on the top shelf.So stuff doesnt get squashed.

Good point, or the juices from raw meat dripping onto the veg contaminating them and giving the eater gastroenteritis.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

agree with the 95% hard work and 5% of catch a breath time.

Not sure it enriches the life though.I think this is just a fallacy that parents use to justify the reasoning for having children. especially when the meet their childless mates who are having a great life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

agree with the 95% hard work and 5% of catch a breath time.

Not sure it enriches the life though.I think this is just a fallacy that parents use to justify the reasoning for having children. especially when the meet their childless mates who are having a great life.

I've no doubt that there are people out there who probably regret having children but would not admit it, not even to themselves. I don't have any myself (and won't be at this stage) but listening to family , friends and work colleagues, none of them have ever made it look remotely attractive to me.

You clearly haven't got a clue about long term relationships. You equate someone who wants to spend their free time with their partner and kids as being 'isolated and in an unhealthy relationship, it genuinely seems beyond your comprehension that people grow up and grow out of the binge drinking crap. Normal people don't leave their partner/kids for a weekend to go on the piss with the lads/lasses. You are seriously missing the point that your friends who don't want to do that anymore possibly think you're a bit of a tosser and they'd like you to just stop nagging them to go out drinking with you.

Why is it in your head any lad who would like the odd night out or me time is some sort of raging alco?

Why is it in your head any lad who would like the odd night out or me time is some sort of raging alco?
    :confused::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:confused::rolleyes:

Binge drinking, read your own post.

Advertisement