Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wedding costs

• 15-11-2019 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

How much does a wedding cost on average. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

How much do you want to spend?

I've been at a small wedding of a privately wealthy person that cost about 100k, more than a grand a head. Wines for the wedding cost about a hundred a head for instance. This is not a normal wedding but it happened in Ireland

You can do a budget but in no way cheap/tacky wedding for a tenth of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

€100 in and out at a registry office.
    €1,000,000 with a supremely lavish affair.
    And everything in between

Like your location thread, a little bit more information wouldn't go astray.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

It's a difficult question to answer, but I found this article was good to get a rough breakdown:
    https://www.independent.ie/style/fashion/revealed-how-much-you-can-expect-to-pay-for-your-wedding-37821558.html

I've heard that the average wedding in Ireland costs 30 grand. We're hoping to spend about half that... hoping...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Lgh wrote: »
    How much does a wedding cost on average. Thanks in advance

In Ireland it's been about €22-23k for the past couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

davegilly wrote: »
    €100 in and out at a registry office.
    €1,000,000 with a supremely lavish affair.
    And everything in between

Like your location thread, a little bit more information wouldn't go astray.

It's €200 for a marriage licence in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

In Ireland it's been about €22-23k for the past couple of years.

Including a quite nice honeymoon that's in and about where we came in for @115 guests and tbh very happy with what we had.
    Only thing I'd do differently is a videographer, we didn't have 1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

85 guests, loads of the extra's i.e. selfie mirror, candy cart, light up letters, a week in new york (not including spends)
    Total cost came to approx 15k

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

For a relatively low-key wedding (circa 70 guests) we spent €17.5k. That covered everything from the invitations to the honeymoon to the thank you cards and the photo album. By low-key, I mean we didn’t have a band or DJ, finished up the evening around 12.30, and spent a week in Ireland for our honeymoon - we spent most of the budget on food and wine.

Advertisement