Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not receiving emails from boards.ie

• 13-11-2020 12:25am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I've just noticed I'm not receiving emails when a post is reported.
    There are reported post I can see but no emails.
    Last email I received from boards was to let me know I got a PM on 4/9.

Checked my email is correct - it is.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spam folder is the obvious first suggestion. But report emails are working for me at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Spear wrote: »
    Spam folder is the obvious first suggestion. But report emails are working for me at least.

Nothing.
    Just sent myself a test message and got an email to my inbox stating same.

No notifications for reported posts.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi F1ngers,

Can I get you to whitelist emails from Boards please? You haven't changed the registered email address on your account any time recently have you?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

It does seem that there is an issue with (reported post) emails bouncing back from an email provider. However, there aren't errors in the headers or anything to provide us with additional insight as to why this might be happening...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hi F1ngers,

Can I get you to whitelist emails from Boards please? You haven't changed the registered email address on your account any time recently have you?

Done for "no-reply@boards.ie" - but I got an email this morning from "no-reply@boards.ie" about my test pm I sent myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Some of those could be mine Mark

I changed my email address & only reported posts are the only emails failing & being kicked back.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

This same issue came up three years ago with notification emails being blocked by Yahoo. Unfortunately it is something on their side that we cannot fix, the emails are being sent by us but bouncing back. The solution used by Mark at that time was to contact Yahoo's Support Message Boards, maybe they could help?

Advertisement